Quazz19

Default Post rebirth superman question.

So I have this question about rebith that is bugging the hell out of me,

Please be nice I'm not a big comicbook reader but I try to read when I can.

Anyway here it goes.

If the pre flashpoint and new 52 universe is one and the same and has just been manipulated, how were there two Clark Kents? Because technically the new 52 superman was once the pre flashpoint superman? The same way the flash remembers a time before.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quazz19 View Post

Anyway here it goes.

If the pre flashpoint and new 52 universe is one and the same and has just been manipulated, how were there two Clark Kents? Because technically the new 52 superman was once the pre flashpoint superman? The same way the flash remembers a time before.
    I'm going to offer an opinion here that others who have read more N52 than I may later correct.

N52 is an alternate timeline to pre Flashpoint they diverged at that point and as with all comic divergent timelines somewhere the original carries on but we don't read about it.

Thus they're not exactly the same character NuSupes is a divergent version of Superdad (or vice versa) in the same way Ultraman from the Crime Syndicate is.

I hope that makes sense reboots can give me a huge headache trying to work out how stuff fits , especially the Rebirth missing 10 years thing.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Anyway here it goes.

Pre-Flashpoint Superman ended up in the past of the new52 universe, when the new52 Superman and the other heroes were at the beginning of their career (Darkseid invasion): http://www.comicbookresources.com/pr...pid=29697&pg=2
    So pre-FP Superman found himself 15 years in the past of the original timeline from which he came from. (5 years in the past of the altered timeline of the new52).

For now, until further explanations, you can see him as a time traveler that ended up in the past of an alternative timeline next to his younger self.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-10-2016 at 05:13 AM.

Fantastic Member

Anyway here it goes.

That's why they make a mystery out of Oz teasing that the Supermen aren't who they think they are. It's an on-going mystery for now. Oz even appears in the new Action alongside a new Clark, further continuing the mystery.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
    That's why they make a mystery out of Oz teasing that the Supermen aren't who they think they are. It's an on-going mystery for now. Oz even appears in the new Action alongside a new Clark, further continuing the mystery.
    This.

I think it's best to state that right now it is a mystery. Anything else is speculation.

But it's a mystery they have acknowledged and sound like they plan to address at some point.

BANNED

About these manipulations.

Well, the good manipulations were done by DC's writers, and the bad ones were done by DCU villains.