Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default JLA "Rebirth"? Where's the Big Seven?

Rebirth?

Is there some reason, in the age of this alleged "Rebirth," that the JLA can't be the true, classic JLA?

This is the Justice League:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern (Jordan)
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter

Instead, we get:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Simon Baz
    Jessica Cruz
    Aquaman
    Cyborg

WTF?

Put Cyborg with the Titans, and disintegrate Simon and Jessica to a cinder in the sun, I say. As far as I'm concerned, we don't need all these Green Lanterns. And we certainly don't need these two idiots consuming Jordan's real estate in the league.
    Last edited by Skeleton13; 06-08-2016 at 09:37 PM.

After 2 years, maybe there will be a retcon to restore the silver age JL history. So far, new 52 dcyou rebirth has restored much of silver age history such as the Teen Titans that had white Wally and Lilith.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skeleton13 View Post
    Rebirth?

Is there some reason, in the age of this alleged "Rebirth," that the JLA can't be the true, classic JLA?

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern (Jordan)
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter

Instead, we get:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Simon Baz
    Jessica Cruz
    Aquaman
    Cyborg

WTF?Y

Put Cyborg with the Titans, and disintegrate Simon and Jessica to a cinder in the sun, I say. As far as I'm concerned, we don't need all these Green Lanterns. And we certainly don't need these two idiots consuming Jordan's real estate in the league.
    there is no "true" jla, there are classic teams yes, but the roster has always changed for different eras. Take the nostalgia goggles off and realzie DC is trying to make new stories with classic elements, not just make comics like they are in the *insert year skeleton13 read comics*

Not only is this the so-called "silver age" JLA, it's also the initial Morrison JLA roster...remember how nice that was? Not because Morrison was writing it, though that was a bonus, but for me, it was due to the fact that we had a Justice League comic that was a JUSTICE LEAGUE COMIC.

I think there should be no more than one non-big gun character in the JLA at a time...if I had to make a choice, right now, in a Big Seven JLA title, I think Mister Miracle would do just fine.
    Last edited by Skeleton13; 06-08-2016 at 09:56 PM.

Last edited by Skeleton13; 06-08-2016 at 10:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    there is no "true" jla, there are classic teams yes, but the roster has always changed for different eras. Take the nostalgia goggles off and realzie DC is trying to make new stories with classic elements, not just make comics like they are in the *insert year skeleton13 read comics*
    So much this! I perfer the rosters to be shaken up.

BANNED

Rebirth?

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Green Lantern (Jordan)
    Aquaman
    Martian Manhunter

Instead, we get:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Simon Baz
    Jessica Cruz
    Aquaman
    Cyborg

WTF?

That's not happening given there are big plans for him on the big screen and some of the stuff he's been connected to. If they were even remotely considering it they would of referenced either his time with the Titans or Titans of his Era with Rebirth or even Titans Hunt, though in interview with Abnett that Era us only referenced in terms of writing style.

Jessica and Simon could use some exposure , in my personal opinion and it's a good way to get them attention outside their book. Not to mention it keeps an iconic role on the League just with some diversity to boot.

The Rebirth team has four of the big six in it, so it should do just fine.
    I think as long as they keep at least three of the big six or two of the trinity in the line-up it'll feel like a Justice League book.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    *Insert Dragonpants taking whatever they dish out and loving it blind, because he's just that kind of a big fan*.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    The Rebirth team has four of the big six in it, so it should do just fine.
    I think as long as they keep at least three of the big six or two of the trinity in the line-up it'll feel like a Justice League book.
    It should "do just fine" by whose standards?

Yours? Not mine.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

"Jordan's real state". Huh.

Jordan has a book. Jordan has had at least one book since he was brought back. Jordan had events built around him. Jordan gets to have every7 Green Lantern played down so he can be played up. There's no scarcity of Hal Jordan happening, n fact there is too much Jordan. Wanna read about Hal Jordan, by all means, go read about Hal Jordan.

However, there are people that like new characters.

There are people who like non-white characters. (Which, let's face it, we could always use more of).

So, yeah, Hal Jordan is not the be all/end all of the GL mythos,and he's finally not being treated as such. I'm sorry if the notion offends you, but the more inclusive (of ethnicities, of tastes, of everything) this comics get, that better.

Actually, scratch that. I'm not really sorry.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    "

There are people who like non-white characters. (Which, let's face it, we could always use more of).

I'm sorry if the notion offends you, but the more inclusive (of ethnicities, of tastes, of everything) this comics get, that better.

Actually, scratch that. I'm not really sorry.
    Wow...you really seem to have an issue with white characters.

What about Martian Manhunter? He's green. Is he okay?
    Last edited by Skeleton13; 06-08-2016 at 11:02 PM.

It should "do just fine" by whose standards?

Yours? Not mine.
    Sorry... I thought you started the thread to have a discussion.
    My bad.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Sorry... I thought you started the thread to have a discussion.
    My bad.
    I saw the thread title and was expecting complaining was hoping for strong reasoning and good points, I understand the irritation of not having your fan favorite character get more spotlight though but I think the complaint isnt a strong one given Kyle was the Green Lantern on the JL for the pretty much 90s Era to early 2000s and then John followed after that. I don't think any one GL truly holds the only option of being on the League. I'd understand more if this was the start of a main continuity and they decided to have the League meet up for the first time without Hal that sounds like more of a issue to me.

Even then Waid has given the League an origin without The Trinity the only characters who have remained constant in finding the League in main continuity is Arthur, Barry and Hal which all have missed several JL issues being dead or missing at some point, or on leave and other characters like The Trinity and even Martian Manhunter might have more appearances on the JL title then them.

Actually curios to which 7 characters hold the most appearances on titles with the JL print.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 06-08-2016 at 11:34 PM.