Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Strain View Post
    You can do other things with Baz and Cruz to make them sell besides making them GLs and putting them in JLA.
    No thanks. I like them as GLs in the JLA.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    No thanks. I like them as GLs in the JLA.
    For once, I agree with you on something. Jess and Baz having the GL name attached to them is a huge advantage. They wouldnt be able to make it by being anything else.

For me, the perfect Rebirth team would be:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Cyborg
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    For me, the perfect Rebirth team would be:

Superman
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Cyborg
    Vixen
    Zatanna
    I'd personally throw Black Canary in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd personally throw Black Canary in there as well.
    I figure the League would have line-up changes and characters would come and go. Once Black Canary was free from Birds of Prey, she could easily be swapped in for Vixen or Zatanna. Or even Cyborg.

Or push it to eight members and put her in, then balance it out with Flash, Aquaman or one of the Green Lanterns.

Why should we settle for one or even 2 teams...why not a few. Remember rebirth is about legacy, so lets do this!

We could have Justice League featuring: Superman, Batman, Wonder woman, Wally, John Stewart, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter.

Justice League of America with Hal, Barry, Ollie, Black Canary, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, and Ray Palmer.

Then, we go legacy...The society begat the league. So we think of something else...call it Justice Alliance. We try to have a character from each "family". Nightwing, Donna Troy, The two rookie GLs, Steel, Jessie Quick, plus Firestorm, Zatanna and Red Tornado.

Just a thought. Maybe something for everyone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I figure the League would have line-up changes and characters would come and go. Once Black Canary was free from Birds of Prey, she could easily be swapped in for Vixen or Zatanna. Or even Cyborg.

Or push it to eight members and put her in, then balance it out with Flash, Aquaman or one of the Green Lanterns.
    Personally I'd rather have either Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman exit the league title if not all 3. Even without the JL title they still have the Trinity title. If you cut back Aquaman's appearances he'll probably begin to drop in sales and it's possibly the same issue with Flash though I doubt that now though since Rebirth gave The Flash and Titans title alot of focus.

I'd rather have the League be Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Aquaman and The Flash. 4 of these characters have shown to sell really well on their own if done right so on a team setting I'd expect the same.

It's irrelevant though since the logical option is that DC would be thinking is have the JL resemble the movies as close as they can with minor if any differences. Same with the Suicide Squad, and possibly JL Dark if that happens. Just to keep some familiarity and bank off media showings.

For founders, i prefer the silver age jla history be restored. For the current JL members, can just use the characters appearing in the rebirth group shot : supes, bats, WW, barry, jessica cruz, cyborg, aquaman, green arrow, hawkman, atom ray palmer, martian manhunter, black canary, firestorm, vixen, blue beetle jaime reyes, captain marvel.

image.jpg

Of these, Green Lantern and Flash identities are mutable, and Martian Manhunter sits in the fifth chair. Ultimately, even the Big 7 can be distilled to SuperFriends, then the Trinity, then the World's Finest, or the League of One. It's as though the artist understands.

Personally, I'm a fan of big, loud, Satellite rosters with little rotating strike teams like we saw on TV in JLU. Gimme Zatanna, Canary, Arrow, Firestorm, Atom, Red Tornado/Torpedo/Inferno, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, Plastic Man, the Dibnys, Vixen, both Beetles, Booster, Fire, Ice, her Gardner, the other Lanterns, the Flash Family, Shazam, Captain Atom, Power Woman, Barda. I don't really want a really tight, emotionally bound Justice League. I want some goddamn professionals saving the day.

The only person I've ever said ehhh, nahhh to was Cyborg. And that's because he's IN a really tight, emotionally bound team already. The Titans molecule is possibly harder to shear than the JLA one, and that's to its credit.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 06-09-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

To me, the Big 7 of the JLA are the the costumed identities, not the secret ones. So Any Flash or GL would do. As for the line up, just have Martian Manhunter on their in addition to Cyborg. And retcon in a Titans Membership for Cyborg

For fun, I went through and restricted the numbers to the Gerry Conway Satellite era, JLA #125-232, which is the version I was first introduced to the JLA with...
    So, using Mike's Amazing World again, here's the JLA from the Gerry Conway Satellite era:

1. Superman (93 issues)
    2. Black Canary (74)
    3. Flash (72)
    4. Batman (70)
    5. Green Lantern/Hal Jordan (67)
    6. (tie) Green Arrow and Elongated Man (65 each)
    8. Wonder Woman (64)
    9. Hawkman (63)
    10. Red Tornado (59)
    11. Aquaman (53)
    12. (tie) Atom and Zatanna (47 each)
    14. Hawkgirl (33)
    15. Firestorm (32)
    16. Martian Manhunter (1)

So really, for me, the 'Big League' would be nine members:
    Superman
    Black Canary
    Flash
    Batman
    Green Lantern/Hal Jordan
    Green Arrow
    Elongated Man
    Wonder Woman
    Hawkman

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    Why should we settle for one or even 2 teams...why not a few. Remember rebirth is about legacy, so lets do this!

We could have Justice League featuring: Superman, Batman, Wonder woman, Wally, John Stewart, Aquaman, Martian Manhunter.

Justice League of America with Hal, Barry, Ollie, Black Canary, Hawkman, Hawkwoman, and Ray Palmer.

Then, we go legacy...The society begat the league. So we think of something else...call it Justice Alliance. We try to have a character from each "family". Nightwing, Donna Troy, The two rookie GLs, Steel, Jessie Quick, plus Firestorm, Zatanna and Red Tornado.

Just a thought. Maybe something for everyone.
    If you going to do that they should just use the JLU model from the cartoon. A huge team with members being used story by story as needed. My prefered version of the Justice League only has 3 out of the big 7 in any one story at a time with them only coming together fully when a major threat appears. I like it when they aknowledge that Superman or Batman or Wonder Woman are too busy in their own books to answer every single call the League gets.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    For once, I agree with you on something. Jess and Baz having the GL name attached to them is a huge advantage. They wouldnt be able to make it by being anything else.
    They wont be able to make it by as anything period, the competition with the plethora of other GLs' many of whom have established fanbases who see these two as nothing but Johns attempt to actually consolidate Hal Jordan as the only GL will surely destroy them, and lets face it they have a point. These 2 are Johns creations and Hal is Johns pet and Johns has all but ignored John, Kyle etc so why the sudden love for diversity from Johns?Still I think Jess is cool but Baz is an utterly stupid character, replacing him with Stewart would have been a stroke of genius on DC's part but they chose to go with a horrible caricature of a Muslim superhero. With tattoos and a name like Simon he already becomes hard to be recognizable as Muslim by many Muslims, his life,attitude and backstory is just a series of stereotypes. A criminal who is accused of being a terrorist and now he angrily spends his time proving why he's not a terrorist and often ending up doing some stupid crap that makes his assertion look questionable and then they gave him a gun just cause, small wonder he faded off the face of the Earth with in a year only to make a miraculous and unexpected comeback. Geoff Johns had no clue what he doing with this guy, he's just pushing him to prevent other characters from being pushed he aint no Kamala Khan.

People should just stop defending bad depictions of minorities as diversity, the purpose of diversity is inclusion, Baz aint going to make anyone feel included.
    Last edited by darkseidpwns; 06-10-2016 at 12:05 AM.

To me I think the JLA should be rotating. Not TT.

My 7 would be

- Superman
    - Wonder Woman
    - Batman
    - The Flash
    - Cyborg
    - Vixen
    - GL (Jess, Simon or Guy)

With rotating rosters that include: Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Mera, Starfire (GET OUT OF TT), Green Arrow, Black Canary, Black Lightning, SHAZAM, The Atom. There that's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    That's the whole point about them. As they stand now, they're charity cases.

But there is a way they could make it outside JLA:

http://community.comicbookresources....Earth-Lanterns