View Poll Results: Does it offend you?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES. The films should adhere to comic canon, and this should never have been allowed.

17 22.97%
  • NO. The films should not be restricted from new avenues, unbound by comic canon.

57 77.03%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question Do you object to Black Widow and Hulk's romance in the MCU?

This has been nagging me for a while. In the films the budding romance of Wanda and Vision makes sense, they are one of the most famous Avenger couples in comics; depicting this in the films is perfectly just. But in comics there is no evidence Black Widow and Hulk have any romantic feelings for one another.

Does this blatant disregard for ignoring comic canon (or lack there of) offend you? Thoughts?
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

BANNED

Yes it is another step and evidence of how the MCU is disregarding LGBT community. I mean we saw Cap tell Hulk to "Smash" in Avengers and we saw Hulk smile lovingly at him. Straightwashing again putting the subtextually G/B Hulk with a woman. #LetsGiveHulkABoyfriend

No, it didn't offend me, and I think the films should (and have) take creative license where they see fit. However, I'm not at all on board with Nat/Bruce pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanBansheeCassidy View Post
    Yes it is another step and evidence of how the MCU is disregarding LGBT community. I mean we saw Cap tell Hulk to "Smash" in Avengers and we saw Hulk smile lovingly at him. Straightwashing again putting the subtextually G/B Hulk with a woman. #LetsGiveHulkABoyfriend
    Right out of the gate, huh?

That it moves away from comic canon doesn't bother me. The movies aren't the comics, and shouldn't feel obligated to be beholden to them. I was more bothered by how weak the romance was. They didn't have much romantic chemistry, and there were some serious problems with some elements of how it was handled.

I don't mind. It's random but I'm cool with it.

my problem with the NatashaxBruce pairing isn't with the idea itself but essentially going from A to C without any of the necessary middle that could have actually sold it.

I wouldn't even call it a romance though, it technically didn't even start and was over by the end of Ultron.

Incredible Member

I only wish that they explained what happened to Betty, given that Thunderbolt Ross is around, and that the Hulkbuster suit is named Veronica, who is the opposite of Betty.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    That it moves away from comic canon doesn't bother me. The movies aren't the comics, and shouldn't feel obligated to be beholden to them.
    Considering that the films are already blending "Ultimate" with "616" continuities, I agree.

I don't mind the idea but Gawd... it could have been executed better.

I don't object to the change in canon but I hated the relationship between the two in the movie. It made no sense and didn't do anyone any favours

Invincible Member

It didn't offend me for different from the comic, it bothered me because the writing was so bad.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I don't object to the change in canon but I hated the relationship between the two in the movie. It made no sense and didn't do anyone any favours
    Rumor is when the actors got the final script, even they were like WTF?

BANNED

I strongly belief that the films should be their own thing and not limited to just being remixes of old comicbook plotlines.

And I found the Romanov/Banner relationship one of the most interesting things about Age Of Ultron.

BANNED

No problem with it at all. It makes sense in the way that Whedon developed the characters and it actually made me wonder why nothing similar has ever happened in the comics.