Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Cow

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Default Top Cow

So, are there any other Top Cow fans on here?

The only book of theirs I'm currently getting monthly is Witchblade. I was getting Artifacts, but the pace was moving too slowly and now with Ron Marz having left and it being nothing but fill-in issues, I decided to trade wait.

It really does seem like we've been waiting a long time for the fallout from the original 13 part Artifacts arc to start making sense. For one thing, I'm getting kind of sick of just focusing on Sara, Jackie, Tom, Magdalena and the Angelus when we barely know anything about the other 8 Artifacts. With the Heart Stone now belonging to someone else, I'd love to know where Abigail went, and I'm dying to see more of the Finn/Glory/Enstrom, Ji and Sabine arcs. Plus the details of the Survivor's plan, his role as the Curator and his connection to Tau'ma are still really vague. I'm hoping Marz returns to Artifacts, or uses Witchblade or the upcoming Magdalena mini to tie up some of these loose threads.

I've also been meaning to pick up the Cyberforce and Aphrodite IX trades, especially after hearing that they are merging into one. For anyone who has read them, is there any explanation as to what happened to Aphrodite IV, her creators and/or the Coin of Solomon?

Im reading all of the "Artifact-verse" Top Cow books and i would agree that the story seems to have been spinning on rims since the culmination of the Artifacts event. Im hoping having Marz back on Witchblade will fix that.
    I would say however, that its definitely the Aphrodite IX and Cyber Force books that feel like the flagship "important" titles right now, so id definitely recommend them.
    To answer your question TC, Aphrodite IV hasnt really been addressed but the creators of the Aphrodite models and the Coin of Solomon has/is currently being explored.

I'm currently reading Witchblade and following the Aphrodite IX/Cyber Force story. Cyber Force I dropped because of erratic releases. Artifacts I dropped due to the Talent Hunt stories and I thought it was going on hiatus. I might pick it back up if it gets a dedicated creative team. The "artifacts-verse" seems to be running on fumes. The September Mourning book is set in the same continuity so let's see if they use it as a means to get back to some of those forgotten Artifact bearers. I didn't know there was another Magdalena mini in the works so that's good news.

Other Top Cow books I'm reading are Wildfire and Death Vigil.

Spectacular Member

in february 2015..there is another fun book coming
    http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/j...here-468775053

this is gonna be a fun several years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    Im reading all of the "Artifact-verse" Top Cow books and i would agree that the story seems to have been spinning on rims since the culmination of the Artifacts event. Im hoping having Marz back on Witchblade will fix that.
    I would say however, that its definitely the Aphrodite IX and Cyber Force books that feel like the flagship "important" titles right now, so id definitely recommend them.
    To answer your question TC, Aphrodite IV hasnt really been addressed but the creators of the Aphrodite models and the Coin of Solomon has/is currently being explored.
    It does seem weird that the Top Cow books are moving so slow, especially when it seems they have so much material to work with. We've been getting the Darkness and the Angelus (both of whom I love, don't get me wrong) non-stop since First Born, can't we get more with the Broken Trinity, Wheel of Shadows and the rest? I'm prob gonna take you up on your recommendation on the sci-fi books, hopefully those actually pick up the slack.

@Tayne: yeah, I think Marz announced the new Magdalena mini on his Twitter and/or Facebook

And "Twitch" looks like a lot of fun! nebezial, while we have you here, and since you might be "in the know," is there anything in the works for Finn, Glori and the other Artifacts bearers? No need for specifics, just would like to know if/when we will see them again. And your artwork is f***ing awesome, btw.
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 07-31-2014 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've also been meaning to pick up the Cyberforce and Aphrodite IX trades, especially after hearing that they are merging into one. For anyone who has read them, is there any explanation as to what happened to Aphrodite IV, her creators and/or the Coin of Solomon?
    I'm reading Aphrodite IX(or was before it was cancelled, but it will soon by IXth Generation in November I think), Cyber Force and Death Vigil. All are very good. I don't think the Aphrodite IV stuff has been fully explained yet. But I'm guessing it might be addressed in the IXth Generation series.

I'm still reading Artifacts, Witchblade, Aphrodite IX/IXth Generation, and Cyberforce (whenever it releases). I think Darkness Falls was supposed to resolve a lot of the universe resetting stuff, but it fell apart and the story is somehow being rolled into Witchblade. The Aphrodite IX/Cyberforce oneshot lays down a lot of what is happening in the sci-fi side of the Top Cow universe. It's a great place to start on both books, I think. But IXth generation and Cyberforce are still going to be separate books.

And I like Artifacts as an anthology-esque book with one-and-done stories from different (and new) creative teams, but it's clearly not everyone's bag so hey.

I also read Wildfire, Death Vigil, and Tales of Honor. Great books coming from Top Cow. My fave publisher since I picked up the hobby a couple years ago.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Yeah, I heard a bunch of stuff about Darkness Falls, like at first it was going to be a three part mini, then a one-shot, and now it's going to be in a few issues of Witchblade. SPOILERS: the latest issue of Witchblade had Sara and Rooney exploring the abandoned Estacado mansion to find clues on how/when Jenny became the Angelus, so maybe this current arc is setting up the Darkness Falls issues? Obviously the Jenny thing must of happened in Darkness Falls, and we need an explanation on what Finch's status is

I hope Darkness Falls does elaborate on the specifics of what Jackie did, and what the Curator's deal is. Reading the earlier issues of Witchblade and Broken Trinity, it doesn't seem like the Curator was originally meant to be the Survivor. And one of the early teaser images for Artifacts featured Sonatine and Tau'ma, neither of whom appeared in the final book, so maybe some last minute creative changes took place?

Mild spoilers...

Look for more stuff regarding Jackie in The IXth Generation if the Aphrodite IX/CyberForce one shot was anything to go by...

Spectacular Member

It does seem weird that the Top Cow books are moving so slow, especially when it seems they have so much material to work with. We've been getting the Darkness and the Angelus (both of whom I love, don't get me wrong) non-stop since First Born, can't we get more with the Broken Trinity, Wheel of Shadows and the rest? I'm prob gonna take you up on your recommendation on the sci-fi books, hopefully those actually pick up the slack.

@Tayne: yeah, I think Marz announced the new Magdalena mini on his Twitter and/or Facebook

And "Twitch" looks like a lot of fun! nebezial, while we have you here, and since you might be "in the know," is there anything in the works for Finn, Glori and the other Artifacts bearers? No need for specifics, just would like to know if/when we will see them again. And your artwork is f***ing awesome, btw.
    i don't know about the plans for finn and glori in the main universe but once teen witchblade takes off, i do have plans. very extensive and awesome plans.... aaand as you can see , they do include Glori in that universe

So...I just read Witchblade #177 and I'm trying to make sense of the cliffhanger. I haven't read too many issues of the Darkness outside the first volume, but has there ever been a female bearer?

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    So...I just read Witchblade #177 and I'm trying to make sense of the cliffhanger. I haven't read too many issues of the Darkness outside the first volume, but has there ever been a female bearer?

Not read Witchblade 177 yet but in regards to female Darkness bearers theres only Jackies sister Capris that comes to mind.

So, are there any other Top Cow fans on here?
    Right here! I give all their releases a try. Most stay on the list. The universe from the Artifacts story is my mainstay though. I hope they launch solo titles for the Artifact bearers.

Quote Originally Posted by macattack80 View Post
    Right here! I give all their releases a try. Most stay on the list. The universe from the Artifacts story is my mainstay though. I hope they launch solo titles for the Artifact bearers.
    A new solo/duo/team book based on the Artifacts bearers stemming form the pages of Witchblade would be welcomed by me. I vote for the doctor currently bearing the heart stone. The artifacts-verse is running on fumes. Silvestri needs to put Cyber Force to bed and put those resources into something else. 10 issues in two years? I rather have a new Hunter-Killer book and let Cyberforce's story be told in the back pages of Aphrodite IX/IXth Generation. I'll grab the new Magdalena mini coming out next year simply because I don't have much to choose from.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tayne Japal View Post
    I don't think it was ever said explicitly, but I suspect not. The closest would be Jackie's twin Capris, but she has only a small portion of the Darkness (although she seems better at using what she has). When she was introduced, it was noted that this was the first time the bearer had had a twin. So she's pretty unique. All the other Darkness bearers that have been mentioned were male. And I think they'd have to be to keep the line going - I mean, if there was a female host, and she died as soon as she conceived a child, that would also be the end of that child, right?

Going back to the current mess of the continuity, I'm pretty curious what happened to Finch. I was sad about what they did to Dani, as she was my favorite character, especially after inheriting the Angelus. No use crying over spilt milk, though, I suppose. It seems like they're setting up a sitch for Jackie to return (I presume he'll either be resurrected or the Darkness will find a new host) and find his eternal enemy to be Jenny.

I don't mind the one-shots in Artifacts, but it is a little disconcerting to read a story narrated by Jackie in one book, then go to Witchblade where he's dead.