Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Any thoughts of the recent 1373?
    Poor, poor Nun Lucifer. I love the historical in-jokes Gillen always sneaks in, and the Black Death as an Ananke-deviced culling was great.

I loved how the Special basically just repeated all the plot details, almost like a Villain Monologue, but framed as a catholic confession.

Also, on a different topic, I am obssessed with the Tara variant for 41. Love it!

Nothing Ananke said was surprising, despite being disturbing.

The biggest clue for me was the fact that Lucifer proved she CAN burn and die from burning if she so wills it.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Nothing Ananke said was surprising, despite being disturbing.

The biggest clue for me was the fact that Lucifer proved she CAN burn and die from burning if she so wills it.
    Yes. I posted my thoughts above, and there I do suggest it is probably the most extraneous of the stories.

Spectacular Member

Pop Stars Are Actual Gods With Actual Powers, Are Fighting In London

Holy **** Why Aren't We Trying To Murder Them or Something

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Issue 40 has me wondering:

I have always had the feeling that we would head into an end game focused on the fans. Laura inspiring youth culture to rise up and do away with the Pantheon. Here we appear to have a young fan.

Something about the story has always reminded me of Promethea and a coming magical 'Apocalypse' being ushered in. I doubt it will be quite so all encompassing and transformative as Alan Moore's vision of the future, but I do think the end game will be about a new way for humanity to pass on the torch without having to rely upon Ananke/Minerva's less than satisfactory methods.

Although we may be heading into darker territory first, so let's hope this innocent looking youth survives the experience.
    Pretty sure this is the guy who was at her initial show and later, as part of a group, asked her how they should refer to her. Can’t wait to see what role he plays. Remember how we first saw Dio. For that matter, Amaterasu was a fan, too.

“There’s only one way to end a story.”

Stop telling it? Start telling a different story instead?

I can’t wait.

God, I love Gillen playing with his themes in a visual way. A story told entirely through different instances of recorded footage but actually progresses everything thematically and plot-wise? I love it.

Very intrigued by this issue. Laura clearly used a power. The hardware only acted as an amplifier.

I like the way this felt like a found footage issue and then it flipped. Now we have a much more evil plan in progress than I would ever have suspected.

Very intrigued by this issue. Laura clearly used a power. The hardware only acted as an amplifier.

I like the way this felt like a found footage issue and then it flipped. Now we have a much more evil plan in progress than I would ever have suspected.
    To Gillen's credit, so much was going on that I had forgotten that Minervananke had said that they were hoping to regress humanity, and in this issue it was explained in horrifying detail. I got literal goosebumps looking at Baal's mom at the venue, and then Laura coming to the rescue. This is going to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    To Gillen's credit, so much was going on that I had forgotten that Minervananke had said that they were hoping to regress humanity, and in this issue it was explained in horrifying detail. I got literal goosebumps looking at Baal's mom at the venue, and then Laura coming to the rescue. This is going to be amazing.
    The non-consensual consent scene was outrageous.

"Hey mum you would do anything for family right?"
    Including sacrificing yourself on a high technology alter for something I believe is true because I am gullible, while I sneak out the back and save my own backside.

The non-consensual consent scene was outrageous.

"Hey mum you would do anything for family right?"
    Including sacrificing yourself on a high technology alter for something I believe is true because I am gullible, while I sneak out the back and save my own backside.
    Wait, maybe I misinterpreted it, but we are assuming Valentine's mom went there knowing what was going to happen? I thought he led her to believe the tears were because of the 2-year expiry date edging closer. Have to give it a re-read.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Wait, maybe I misinterpreted it, but we are assuming Valentine's mom went there knowing what was going to happen? I thought he led her to believe the tears were because of the 2-year expiry date edging closer. Have to give it a re-read.
    No I am not assuming that. I am saying he asks her in a roundabout manner. He is seeking her consent without telling her what he is asking her to do.

Loving the new Morrigan triumvirate.

Interesting they comprise the “why” column of my Kabbalah theory: Chokmah/inspiration/Lucifer, Chesed/magnanimity/Mimir, and Netzach/love/Inanna.

Wondering if THAT will be a loose factor.

I am just going with the 'feels' part of the thread title.
    Didn't 41 feel f'ing great!

I’m so sad that it’s ending, but this is one hell of a ride and seeing everything come together the way it is just makes me so happy!!
    Current Favourites: Ascender, Daredevil, Department Of Truth, Haha, Immortal Hulk, Luna and Strange Academy

Recent Favourites: Coffin Bound, Faithless, Gideon Falls and She Could Fly

They/Them

If Gillen actually goes all out with an honest happy ending, I will be more surprised than I was by this issue (and this issue had A LOT.)

The significance and point of the triple-god dying and leaving three bodies seems oddly deus ex machina, but given how no rules were ever explained, Gillen had it mapped out from the get-go and the results were AWESOME, I can just be giddy.

I'm honestly glad and relieved poor Jon/Mimir got a chance to do more than be a victim of his circumstances. Go kick pops' ass with as much or more symbolism and grandeur than that cathedral shattering in the background, J!

That final wheel was everything 2019 needed, lol.
    Last edited by FeniSam; 01-17-2019 at 08:47 AM.