Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Default Some Japanese games like Super Robot Taisen official getting English text releases

In their Asian, not Japanese, releases as a way to get around the issue on copyright laws that would make them impossible to release in the west. Or at the very least there being little demand for them in the west.

At the very least this allows Western fans to import the game and understand what's going on without having to learn Japanese or read a translation guide.

Super Robot Taisen - Moon Dwellers is based off the Original Generation Universe - Aka GBA Games, Animes/OVAs and the mainline canon of the playstation console releases. Aimed at a new crowd so this isn't the Finale fans were expecting. Next game may be. It should be coming out in a few months this year. Final roster hasn't been revealed yet.

Main characters for this came are confirmed are Toya (Teenage boy aka typical Japanese Shonen Main Character with a Mysterious Past (That they forgot), a deadbeat dad, magical a skilled Mecha Pilot despite zero training and experience, a harem of Powerpuff Girls, a Mary Sue who can randomly use one of the most powerful mecha with new technology that makes it incompatible with nearly everyone and best friends (When he remembers) to the young Queen aka UUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHH! who also joins his Harem eventually. He's pretty much a lame mary sue and a male fantasy insert character) and Calvina (Retired War Veteran called the White Lynx in her late 20s, tragic events forced her from being a happy person to being a person who only lives to kill the man ruined her life. Won't say more as that spoils her story a great deal).

Toya has short dark redish hair, Calvina has long silver hair. Calvina is a far better character than Toya but it's understandable that Japan prefers their generic Shonen leads as that's what most of their male fanbase wants. So Toya is unfortunately getting promoted far more than Calvina is.

PV2 - Calvina (Official English Text test, Not Final): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JG_Owh8NpQ
    PV2 - Toya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVK-7BOwaio
    PV2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHOcX7iLzGM

I say not final for English Text because the finished version will not show the Japanese Text too. It's either or and can be toggled between in menus unless things change. Voice Acting will be Japanese though.

-

Than there's Super Robot Taisen - V (Voyage). A "mainline" game that features crossovers from different mecha animes. It's set to be released next year and is a standalone entry. Its roster is...

Cross Ange
    Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
    Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
    Evangelion 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
    Full Metal Panic!
    Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
    Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
    Getter Robo Armageddon
    Invincible Super Man Zambot 3
    Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
    Mobile suit Zeta Gundam
    Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaways’ Flash
    Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossbone Gundam
    Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
    Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: The Steel Seven
    Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
    Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
    Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
    Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
    Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
    Maziner Z Vs. The Great General of Darkness
    Rebuild of Evangelion
    Space Battleship Yamato 2199
    The Brave Express Might Gaine

Youtube Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18otfdWJlLI

-

The Gundam Vs games and SD Gundam G Generation games are also using this tactic as well to attract a wider crowd and seemingly giving a nod to their Western fans that love their games despite the language barrier.
    Last edited by Sardorim; 06-09-2016 at 06:24 AM.

Maaaan back when I was younger I would have eaten this up if just for the Gundam stuff(though from that list i've really only watched Zeta and Char's Counterattack) but these days I just don't have the time/patience for these types of games anymore.

Time is short as we get older but I'm planning to make some time for them.

Might take much longer to beat them though.

There's always lots of wonderful Japanese games such as chunsoft's <Kamaitachi no yoru> that has no English version, as a Chinese, I used to confused because i don't know how to read Japanese.
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Hopefully this is enough of a success that more companies consider it.