Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday to one of the GREATEST comic book artists in history, George Pérez!!!

Today is the birthday of one of the GREATEST comic book artists in history, George Pérez, born on this date in 1954.

George broke into the comic-book business as Rich Buckler's assistant. His first published work was on the Kilraven strip in Marvel's Amazing Adventures.
    After a few more hits-and-mostly-misses, George was given the Man-Wolf strip in Creatures On The Loose. This was in 1974.
    Things began to happen pretty quickly after that, with successive work on The Deadly Hands of Kung Fu, The Fantastic Four, and The Avengers.

In 1980 George moved to DC, where he of course helped co-create New Teen Titans (with Marv Wolman). And as DC's newest super-star, they asked him to do several covers for titles such as Green Lantern and Legion of Super-Heroes. This was his first published Legion work. Later, in the classic maxi-series Crisis On Infinite Earths, George drew several Legionnaires (notably Dawnstar and Colossal Boy, two you could always pick out of a crowd).

In 2007 George teamed-up with writer Mark Waid for an extended story-arc in Brave And The Bold (v3) that featured, among many others, the Legion and the Fatal Five.
    However, it wasn't until The Legion of Three Worlds in 2008 that George actually drew a Legion of Super-Heroes story.
    Clearly, however, he knew what he was doing. Seems like Mr. Perez is a secret Legion fan!

George still attends comic-book conventions pretty regularly. He is a personal, friendly guy, so if you do get to meet him ask him about his favorite Legionnaires and see what he says.
    Last edited by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear; 06-09-2016 at 07:22 AM.

BANNED

I'll second that!

Happy Birthday George!

Legend.

"Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Happy birthday George Pérez . Hope you have an awesome day today ^^

Particularly loved his New Teen Titans work.

Extraordinary Member

Happy Bday George!!

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Thanks for all the insanely cool artwork over the years, George Pérez! Happy Birthday!

BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday George Pérez!!!

In 1987, George Pérez volunteered to revitalize the character of Wonder Woman for DC Comics.

The rest, they say, is history. Here's his take.

Happy Birthday George Perez!

Happy birthday George Perez! For me, I'll always remember him for his and Kurt Busiek's Avengers run back in the late 90s, which led me to become an Avengers fan:

Also, there was a great story on George Perez's work on Wonder Woman featured on nymag.com:
    http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/wonde...fined-her.html

Happy birthday to one of the best in the business!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

What can be said about the man that his artwork can't say.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Astonishing Member

A truly outstanding talent both as an artist and visual story teller

A true master of his craft