Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    Problem is Tynion is most likely a fan of the look of the character and the whole Knightsaga thing. In the end though, he didn't do his homework. I put him akin to the gamers who got interested in 'Azrael' because of the Arkham video games, googled and didn't realize that there was one prior to Michael Lane. Huge differences between the two characters.

As for this costume...unless he's using this suit as a sort of 'space suit,' for the love of god, please give the man cred in his current suit at least and stop relying on him once being Batman.
    Agreed on both points, to an extent on the first one. I think his characterization on JPV is really good, it's just all the lore surrounding him that he gets wrong. And yeah, that costume he has in Odyssey is awful.

Hey JPV Azrael fans,

I posted a new thread a few days ago regarding my disappointment with the lack of Sword of Azrael in both the Knightfall Omnibus and the upcoming 25th Anniversary TPBs. I didn't even notice this thread until just now, and I was surprised to find that JPV is back. Would someone please list all of the storylines that have been collected in either hard cover or TPB that feature the JPV Azrael? I'm aware of all the stuff from the 90s; I'm just curious about the recent reintroduction of the character. Thanks very much!

On another, semi-related note, I'm not much of a statue/figure collector, but I was always hoping for both an original Azrael and an Az-Bats statue in the Batman Black and White Statue line. I just found out about the Mezco One: 12 figure line. Anyone familiar with that? There's a really cool Ascending Knight Batman figure due out soon from them. An Azrael figure would be incredible in that format, as would an Az-Bats figure.

I forgot to mention that I'm still hopeful that the Eaglemoss line of Legend of Batman hard covers offers Sword of Azrael and the Knightfall volumes. At least then we'd get those story arcs in a uniform format!

Fantastic Member

That Odyssey costume is fucking beautiful. Seljic really is a god.

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate Warrior View Post
    Hey JPV Azrael fans,

I posted a new thread a few days ago regarding my disappointment with the lack of Sword of Azrael in both the Knightfall Omnibus and the upcoming 25th Anniversary TPBs. I didn't even notice this thread until just now, and I was surprised to find that JPV is back. Would someone please list all of the storylines that have been collected in either hard cover or TPB that feature the JPV Azrael? I'm aware of all the stuff from the 90s; I'm just curious about the recent reintroduction of the character. Thanks very much!

On another, semi-related note, I'm not much of a statue/figure collector, but I was always hoping for both an original Azrael and an Az-Bats statue in the Batman Black and White Statue line. I just found out about the Mezco One: 12 figure line. Anyone familiar with that? There's a really cool Ascending Knight Batman figure due out soon from them. An Azrael figure would be incredible in that format, as would an Az-Bats figure.
    The Knightsaga of course. Contagion. The new editions of No Mans Land. Officer Down. The Azrael trade collects SoA, Showcase '94 and issues 1-7 of the solo series. I think they pushed the release to coincide with Azrael's appearance on Gotham and when the book didn't sell as well they postponed volume 2.

As for figures, statues, etc, check my site (address in signature) and comb the news section for your answers on that stuff.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

The Knightsaga of course. Contagion. The new editions of No Mans Land. Officer Down. The Azrael trade collects SoA, Showcase '94 and issues 1-7 of the solo series. I think they pushed the release to coincide with Azrael's appearance on Gotham and when the book didn't sell as well they postponed volume 2.

As for figures, statues, etc, check my site (address in signature) and comb the news section for your answers on that stuff.
    Thanks for all of the info! Looks like I'll have a good amount of reading to look forward to.

Are JPV's recent appearances (from the last year or two) reprinted yet?

Great site by the way! That news section is excellent. Nice to see that Knight Models Knightfall Batman figure!

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Penultimate Warrior View Post
    Thanks for all of the info! Looks like I'll have a good amount of reading to look forward to.

Are JPV's recent appearances (from the last year or two) reprinted yet?

Great site by the way! That news section is excellent. Nice to see that Knight Models Knightfall Batman figure!
    Yes, Batman and Robin Eternal is available is two separate volumes. Detective Comics Rebirth is best to get as the hardcover deluxe editions.
    Thanks, it's tough finding the time to do everything. I write all the issue synopsis' and transcribe out the interviews myself.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

Yes, Batman and Robin Eternal is available is two separate volumes. Detective Comics Rebirth is best to get as the hardcover deluxe editions.
    Thanks, it's tough finding the time to do everything. I write all the issue synopsis' and transcribe out the interviews myself.
    Thanks for the recent titles. I'll be on the lookout for "Eternal" and Detective Comics Rebirth, along with some of the other older story lines you mentioned earlier.

I plan on taking more in-depth looks at your site. It's a great effort, and it shows!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

This tweet has gotta be teasing a jean paul valley/luke fox team book right? https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...57090500415488

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    This tweet has gotta be teasing a jean paul valley/luke fox team book right? https://twitter.com/JamesTheFourth/s...57090500415488
    JPV's in JLO, so I wouldn't think so, no.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking I've been wrong about Steph and both she and Tim are heading to Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking I've been wrong about Steph and both she and Tim are heading to Young Justice.
    Double points for synergy .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I actually like this costume mainly from the neck down because the headpiece/mask is a no from me.

Always been a fan of Azrael. I loved the Michael Lane version (from the Arkham games) but I'm happy to see JPV back at it (wish I could have both). I like the Batman Eternal look and I'm loving the JLO spacesuit. I think the world is big enough for two Azraels....plus the Bat family needs more Black people...