Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Default Jean-Paul Valley: My Man, Azrael! - Appreciation Thread

All right! The real Azrael, and none of this Michael whoever nonsense, crazy Beatles-loving hippie with mental issues, gold and burgandy outfit with back-wrist fire swords is back!

Last edited by Potanical Pardon; 06-09-2016 at 09:36 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I still want JPV back. This New 52 one isn't him for me.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I still want JPV back. This New 52 one isn't him for me.
    He is, dude!! Latest 'Tec.

BANNED

Isnt he a discount Moon Knight without the interesting supporting cast and personality?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Isnt he a discount Moon Knight without the interesting supporting cast and personality?
    You could say the same about Tim Drake, a discount Spider-Man without the interesting personality and supporting cast. Still I prefer Lane OP, cooler suit, backstory and powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    He is, dude!! Latest 'Tec.
    I think you missed my meaning. A JPV is in Tec, but it's the one from B&R Eternal, the reboot one, which is not JPV to me. A lot has changed.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Drake and Parker have nothing in common. Like absolutely nothing other than both of them being smart, but thats hardly an uncommon trait.

Azrael and MK are religious nutjobs and trained killing machines. Also do i detect hurt feelings?

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I think you missed my meaning. A JPV is in Tec, but it's the one from B&R Eternal, the reboot one, which is not JPV to me. A lot has changed.
    Ah. I had no idea. More or less skipped New 52. What are the main bullet points I should know about him?

I like him on the new 52
    It is obviously not the old one but it is on a good position to get there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lhynn View Post
    Drake and Parker have nothing in common. Like absolutely nothing other than both of them being smart, but thats hardly an uncommon trait.

Azrael and MK are religious nutjobs and trained killing machines. Also do i detect hurt feelings?
    I dont care about JPV, Lane is the only Azrael I like so not hurt feelings on my part.

BANNED

Same as above.

But yeah Drake is not Parker.

I was happy to see Azrael back in the new 52 BRE. Maybe it wasn't the same exact jpv, but none of the characters are, isn't that the point? And iirc mother's brainwashing was comparable to the systems. Tbh pre-flashpoint jpv never made sense how he was such a nervous dufus until he put the suit on. I mean, he couldn't even ask babs out on a date lol. Is that the characterization people want? I'm curious
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Quote Originally Posted by SicariiDC View Post
    I was happy to see Azrael back in the new 52 BRE. Maybe it wasn't the same exact jpv, but none of the characters are, isn't that the point? And iirc mother's brainwashing was comparable to the systems. Tbh pre-flashpoint jpv never made sense how he was such a nervous dufus until he put the suit on. I mean, he couldn't even ask babs out on a date lol. Is that the characterization people want? I'm curious
    I'll take pre-FP JPV, Steph & Cass over their reboot versions any day of the week. I'm sorry but I like their long winding character histories. NuJPV wasn't Batman it seems and etc. And with B&R Eternal so close enough to Rebirth, DC didn't really need to reboot Cass & JPV, they haven't needed to reboot anyone (I'm not a New 52 fan, Snyder's Batman worked because you didn't know anything was missing (until he did ZY and I just ignored that)).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-10-2016 at 06:08 AM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

DC should have put some characters to rest. Nothing against JPV but the amount of secret societies for Batman alone (Court, League of Ass, Order of St.D) is a little much. Why not fold Az into the Courts mythos and make him a Talon? Oh yeah, nobody read Talon that's why. Let's name him Azrael and watch how noone reads him again

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    League of Ass
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)