Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: The Flash #1

"LIGHTNING STRIKES TWICE" Chapter One
    A new storm brews over Central City and disproves the old adage about lightning never, well...you know. Just as Barry begins to feel overwhelmed fighting crime, a new speedster debuts-but just where did this amazing new friend come from?
    FLASH FACT: "2016 is the 60th anniversary of Barry Allen becoming The Flash, and it's a privilege to be a part of it," says writer Joshua Williamson. "'The Return of Barry Allen' in FLASH #79 [1993] is one of my favorite comics of all time. It's where I became a Flash fan for life."

Full preview here.

BANNED

I guess wondering where Barry was going to get the lumber and dishwashers and sofas to rebuild all those peoples houses is the kind of deconstruction we're not supposed to be engaging in in the new Rebirth world.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Art is decent, but preview didn't impress me much. Still, always nice to see Barry helping people.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

"My best friend Wally West." Poor Hal .

It sounds like Barry is ready for a new partner, and that Wally told him about Wally's own tenure as The Flash in the old universe at some point.

BANNED

Looking great! Still the most exciting book from Rebirth, imo!

Dynamics between Barry and Wally changed due to age shift it seems. I'm alright with best friends/ brother angle, they are obviously going for new 52 Dick/Bruce type of relationship here.

All-New Member

This issue is good. I give 4/5 stars.

Very good issue. I like the panel layout. Story until the last page very down-to-earth. Barry rescuing people from houses on fire and working on relationships.
    And then another lightning strike!
    Joshua Williamson already said in an interview, that there will be more people hit by a lightning and some will be good and some will be villains.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Aw, nooooo-ho-ho.

Nice preview spoiled by an affirmation that the speed force was created by a human and not a natural part of the universe from the get-go. Stupid.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Aw, nooooo-ho-ho.

Nice preview spoiled by an affirmation that the speed force was created by a human and not a natural part of the universe from the get-go. Stupid.
    That can't be correct. Maybe Barry just thinks that, but it doesn't jibe with other things

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    That can't be correct. Maybe Barry just thinks that, but it doesn't jibe with other things
    All I remember is it started with Flash: Rebirth and now here in the bottom of that splash panel.
    Hopefully they'll reveal Barry was mistaken or lied to because that bit and his mom's murder really turn me off.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)