Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I agree.
    First time I read Walking Dead was in guided view (panel by panel) and it really boosted the suspense by hiding the upcoming panels.
    And I actually appreciated the art more.
    I love guided view for both those reasons especially when it comes to appreciating the art and, at least for me, being able to what's going on in some panels a bit more clearly. That's something a print copy can't duplicate for me.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Now that I have read comics on a tablet I like it so much better than hard copy. It just looks so much better on a tablet imo.

I buy a bit from every format, for different reasons:

Floppies: I buy the new series that I want to read and own this way. Mostly X-Men and Thor (I know this is a DC thread, but I saw it in my feed).

Digital: Older things, especially as they come on sale. Newer material via code trading, or when sales come up. I make the point not to pay cover price for digital (For DC the amount of time for it to drop in price is fairly short, only about a month; for Marvel it's way too long but either I really want it so I bought the hardcopy, or I only kind of want it so I'm ok to wait.) I might try some Rebirth titles this way.

Trades: Almost never small books; really only things like Complete Collections and Epic Collections. Omnibuses are too expensive though. Usually via Amazon.ca or Indigo.ca. I've been buying the Wolverine and Silver Surfer Epic titles and they've been a lot of fun. I'll only buy smaller TPBs when they're discounted at Cons or when they're really on sale elsewhere (there's a liquidation bookstore I try to go to a couple of times a year in Toronto that has great discounts on those).

EDIT: I also like to hunt down floppies for older series I want to collect. I've been building up an Excalibur collection, and occasional miniseries, like Nightcrawler (1985) and a few Kitty Pryde ones.
    Last edited by Taral-DLOS; 06-13-2016 at 10:24 AM.

The actual hard copy is my preferred choice as i like actually having something that's physically there in existence that you can pick up and hold to own and collect. I just wish it didn't take up so much space and it can be a hassle at times with selling out and shipping and various little things.

I definitely see why some prefer digital. Personally i think the digital prices are a rip off. It should be much less than the physical copy in my opinion. Comic prices are high to begin with, i can't imagine paying those prices for digital content.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

I own some TPBs but most of my stuff is digital. Using stuff like ComicRack to read is pretty good. I'm also OCD when it comes to having bent edges on my books, so them being digital helps lmao
    Superhero shows are trash

I buy hard copies
    because I buy hard copies.
    nothing better or worse between hard copy and digital (for me).

Another thing I love about digital, at least with DC comics, is that they often include variant covers for free. For someone like me that is kind of out of touch about current variants it's a nice little touch. I really wish other publishers would do the same.