Default DCU Questions (4th Post)

Here I go again...

1. Where or what is the status of Captain Marvel? He doesn't seem like a big time player anymore.
    2. One of the 3 Jokers shown in the comics was apparently the Golden Age version, who I thought had ceased to exist after COIE?
    3. If the villians and heroes of the Golden Age ceased to exist during COIE, how is it that we have the characters of the JSA (i.e. Jay, Alan, etc.)?
    4. Right now, or at least in the New 52, did any of the 52 earths interact?
    5. Even with the explanation that 10 years had been "stolen" from the DCU by Dr. Manhattan, does this mean that everyone had de-aged after Flashpoint? And if so, how are certain timeline issues (i.e. there being 4-5 Robins in Batman's 5 years of service) being handled? Is Bruce (like Barry and Wally) going to remember the missing 10 years? And does this mean that Bruce will remember the fact he was 35 instead of 25 years old? Whew...

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDawggS316 View Post
    Here I go again...

1. Where or what is the status of Captain Marvel? He doesn't seem like a big time player anymore.
    2. One of the 3 Jokers shown in the comics was apparently the Golden Age version, who I thought had ceased to exist after COIE?
    3. If the villians and heroes of the Golden Age ceased to exist during COIE, how is it that we have the characters of the JSA (i.e. Jay, Alan, etc.)?
    5. Even with the explanation that 10 years had been "stolen" from the DCU by Dr. Manhattan, does this mean that everyone had de-aged after Flashpoint? And if so, how are certain timeline issues (i.e. there being 4-5 Robins in Batman's 5 years of service) being handled? Is Bruce (like Barry and Wally) going to remember the missing 10 years? And does this mean that Bruce will remember the fact he was 35 instead of 25 years old? Whew...
    (1) He was most recently a member of the JL, although he did not have much of a role. His story was told as a series of backups in JL by Johns/Frank and was quite good.
    (2) Although we don't know all of the ramifications, according to Convergence COIE was stopped and now did not happen in this timeline
    (3) see above
    (4) Yes, Earth-2 and Earth-3 have interacted with Prime Earth
    (5) We will have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    (1) He was most recently a member of the JL, although he did not have much of a role. His story was told as a series of backups in JL by Johns/Frank and was quite good.
    (2) Although we don't know all of the ramifications, according to Convergence COIE was stopped and now did not happen in this timeline
    (3) see above
    (4) Yes, Earth-2 and Earth-3 have interacted with Prime Earth
    (5) We will have to wait and see
    So does this mean that if COIE never existed in this timeline that the Golden Age characters like Dick Grayson, Riddler, and Superman and somewhere in an unspecified Earth?

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

So does this mean that if COIE never existed in this timeline that the Golden Age characters like Dick Grayson, Riddler, and Superman and somewhere in an unspecified Earth?
    Yes, it could definitely mean that...it is murky at this point. Personally, I would like to see them on a reconstituted Earth-2 like the old days

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Yes, it could definitely mean that...it is murky at this point. Personally, I would like to see them on a reconstituted Earth-2 like the old days
    That would be awesome for sure.

BANNED

Here I go again...

1. He is around. He has been a member of the Justice League and will probably get his own book next year. I think writer Geoff Johns (who did the stories that reintroduced Shazam! to the new52) really wanted to write the book himself and wasn't letting anyone else do it, but now he's probably going to give up and let someone else do it.
    2. I don't know that it has yet been defined who the 3 Jokers are, the Golden Age thing is just a guess.
    3. What we have now are new versions who are very much like the old ones.
    4. Yes, the villains of Earth 3 have come to Earth 0, and Power Girl and Huntress from Earth 2 lived on Earth 0 for a while.
    5. We don't yet know how this will be handled, but my guess is that some things were completely erased, but other things were just changed. So like in the case of the Robins, each one started out a little older and wasn't a Robin for as long as before. Basically, when the 10 years were taken, the universe re-formed into something that actually does make sense (even if sometimes writers goof) without someone noticing the loss of the time. But we don't actually know how DC will end up handling it.