Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Batman non cannon stories and characters would you like to see made cannon?

I personally want to see Joker's Favor and Beware the Creeper made into mainstream comics because while I know that Mainstream Joker is very different (though not by much) the 90's cartoon Joker but I can see Joker get terrified of someone crazier then himself. Also it would be nice to see Joker have some comedic moments outside of his psychotic antics. Besides my favorite moments will always be when the Creeper attacked Joker and he went to Batman screaming "The man's a lunatic!" and when Joker cried out for Batman to save him from a normal guy like Charlie.

Now I know some will Joker wouldn't be afraid of someone threatening him but the thing you have to remember is that in a way Charlie and Creeper attacked him psychologically to. Charlie and Creeper both attacked Joker's identity in a sense. Charlie pretty much threatened to destroy his dream of a final showdown with Batman and Creeper as Joker put it was stealing his "act" so it would make sense in that regard for Joker to be afraid of them in those particular instances.

I'd also like that episode where Two face put a hit on himself and Batman told him he was his own worse enemy as well as the one where he developed a third personality called the Judge that was just an awesome episode especially the end where TwoFace plead guilty.

Another character I'd like to see become canon is Babydoll she was so crazy and at the same time she was such a sad character because she was an adult trapped in a child's body and it ruined her life. She was that little girl who had the TV show on the Batman series then grew up (not realy) and turned into a crazy criminal for those that dont remember.

I also wouldnt mind seeing Ethan Bennet and Yin become mainstream characters either.

Pre-Flashpoint, particularly the DickBats run, since I am unsure if it is currently cannon. At least Black Mirror did not happen in its entirety.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
    I also wouldnt mind seeing Ethan Bennet and Yin become mainstream characters either.
    I'd like to see Ethan Bennet in the comics too. I know that he was largely a Two Face stand in, but he is far more interesting than Karlo. Yin could easily be replaced by Montoya though.
    Last edited by Pohzee; 06-21-2016 at 06:14 PM.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint, particularly the DickBats run, since I am unsure if it is currently cannon. At least Black Mirror did not happen in its entirety.

Also:

I'd like to see Ethan Bennet in the comics too. I know that he was largely a Two Face stand in, but he is far more interesting than Karlo. Yin could easily be replaced by Montoya though.
    True Ethan would make a very good addition to the DCU. He's not just Bruce's friend he's a cop and would likely have to clash with Batman. I feel a good theme to have if Bennet were introduced would be for it to be like a race to see who would catch the bad guy first. Also if he became Clayface after suffering at the hands of Joker and discovered Bruce was Batman bleep would most certainly hit the fan.

I feel like if Ethan would have been introduced before now, he would have made a much more interesting Clayface ally for 'Tec.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Extraordinary Member

I would like to see some of the DCAU-Tim ("Never Fear", "Growing Pains", "The Demon Within", "Knight Time", and probably some from the series and the comics) and pre crisis Jason (for example Film Freak, "For the Men who has everthing") stories brought in as Robin stories for the current Jason. And I wouldn't mind changing Jasons origin against "Sins of the Father" or "The Batman Adventures - The Lost Years".

"The Batman Adventures - The Lost Years" would be great as Dicks Robin to Nightwing transition story.

I also would like "Mask of the Phantasm" and Andrea Beaumont to be canon.

BANNED

Canon. It's canon.

And all the Batman stories I like are already part of my very own personam canon, while all those that I don't like are not.

I don't really care what the actual official canon is, they change it around every half year or so anyway.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Canon. It's canon.

And all the Batman stories I like are already part of my very own personam canon, while all those that I don't like are not.

I don't really care what the actual official canon is, they change it around every half year or so anyway.
    pretty much this, but if I had to pick probably Blind Justice, don't know why but that story is quite interesting to me at least

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Canon. It's canon.

This. Definitely. I don't subscribe to the pre/post flashpoint stuff not happening. These are stories. I adhere more to the grant Morrison everything is in theory. It just makes sense to me. And the new52 is just a retelling of established stories. They made it a harder retcon than it needed to be, and I think rebirth is softening it up so I rock with that.

For example: yesterday I told my 6 year old son the story of the dinosaurs. Now, it was for a child so I dumbed it down and made it brief as possible, I told him a story. That doesn't mean the details that i omitted didn't happen, they just weren't in my very very abridged tale. What I'm saying is...what happened, happened.
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Astonishing Member

I'd actually like the 'Grey Ghost' to be made canon...namely the idea (from a TAS episode) that Bruce Wayne as a kid was a fan of this show called the Grey Ghost and as Batman he meets the actor who played Grey Ghost and teams up with him.

Also I'd like a story about the 'Batman copycats' (wearing hockeypads!) from TDK. It was a minor subplot in the film but I think it could easily make for a great two to three-part story.

Last but not the least, I want Batman's very first story 'The Case of the Chemical Syndicate' to be canon. I think it was canon throughout the entirety of Pre-COIE (though in the 60's they did a remake of it which I guess was meant to be the E1 version). Morrison made the original story canon again with 'Last Rites'. And it may or may not be canon in the New 52 but I'd like some confirmation that it is. It could easily fit during the events of 'Zero Year', and Batman was even wearing a Bob Kane-inspired suit back then.

BANNED

Any post-Crisis Batman or Bat-Family stories that were meant to be canon to the main DCU, but aren't anymore. If it's at odds with the New 52 continuity, erase the 52 continuity and replace it with Pre-Flashpoint. Wouldn't affect much. Most of Snyders run, Tomasi's run, even the not very good 'Tec run could still be canon. Only Zero Year, the zero month issues for Nightwing, TT etc and a few flashback scenes and revised origins would be affected. Other than that it's just tacking on old continuity, still allowing for all the current and upcoming Bat-Books.

Harold Allnut! Batman requires a full time mechanic/repair technician with mad fabricating and building skills. He fits the bill. Just have him live in the bat cave with Ace.

After Rebirth I'm not concerned with cannon as much as new52. Everything kinda happened. Just read the story and wait for the narrative to fill you in.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TRS80 View Post
    Harold Allnut! Batman requires a full time mechanic/repair technician with mad fabricating and building skills. He fits the bill. Just have him live in the bat cave with Ace.

After Rebirth I'm not concerned with cannon as much as new52. Everything kinda happened. Just read the story and wait for the narrative to fill you in.
    Isn't he dead now though?

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

So Harold's last name is Allnut? heh

Canon doesn't matter to me anymore. If it doesn't fit with YEAR ONE its not a good Batman story for me. I'm currently enjoying all those 90s reprints of Batfamily (sigh) titles more than anything else DC's putting out.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Any post-Crisis Batman or Bat-Family stories that were meant to be canon to the main DCU, but aren't anymore. If it's at odds with the New 52 continuity, erase the 52 continuity and replace it with Pre-Flashpoint. Wouldn't affect much. Most of Snyders run, Tomasi's run, even the not very good 'Tec run could still be canon. Only Zero Year, the zero month issues for Nightwing, TT etc and a few flashback scenes and revised origins would be affected. Other than that it's just tacking on old continuity, still allowing for all the current and upcoming Bat-Books.
    This got me thinking about Batman's origin. Is there a way to combine year one and zero year? If we tweak a few things?
    Could zero year (regardless of the name) be akin to shaman and the early LoTDK stories that just happened near the beginning? Thinking about the minutiae makes my head hurt and doesn't seem very fruitful. Hell with it...ITS ALL IN!

Oh ****, isn't there a new shaman trade coming out this year? I need that
    Last edited by SicariiDC; 06-27-2016 at 03:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcrimsonprog View Post
    Isn't he dead now though?
    Yeah didn't he die in Fugitive or something with Azrael on a mountain?