Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty3w View Post
    Daleks in Doctor Who roughly keep their original look, being old-fashioned is acutally a selling point for it.

Average person in the world doesn't get exposed to Superman at a higher frequency than Santa Claus.
    It has nothing to do with exposure your kissing my entire point.. It's also not called Daleks it's called Dr. Who, I said not a comic character and then you keep bringing up Santa Claus for some people that's the equavilent of religious figures that's not the same as fictional characters that are written in comics for the means more of entertainment then celebration.

Superman is a character that appears like 3 times a month in comics and let's say 75 years running of course time and again he'll have some updated look, his famous Post-Crisis look that's said to be so iconic isn't even his original look.

Fantastic Member

With Superman, it's not just the trunks being gone that is a problem. It's also that the new designs take most of the yellow out of the costume. Not that there's much to begin with, but it offsets the red/blue dichotomy and makes the look work a lot better (see the new classic look of Supergirl).

Plus, a blue unitard with a red cape and some red highlights is Ultraman's costume, not Superman's.

Quote Originally Posted by NightwingIvI View Post
    I don't care about the trunks on Batman (since he looks fine either way) or anybody else but Superman. He just looks wrong without tights.
    Same here.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    It has nothing to do with exposure your kissing my entire point.. It's also not called Daleks it's called Dr. Who, I said not a comic character and then you keep bringing up Santa Claus for some people that's the equavilent of religious figures that's not the same as fictional characters that are written in comics for the means more of entertainment then celebration.

Superman is a character that appears like 3 times a month in comics and let's say 75 years running of course time and again he'll have some updated look, his famous Post-Crisis look that's said to be so iconic isn't even his original look.
    Santa Claus is just a popular folklore character like Aladdin or Monkey King, his modern look was invented by Coco Cola during 40s, there is nothing that makes it more untouchable than Superman's post-golden age look.

BANNED

Santa Claus is just a popular folklore character like Aladdin or Monkey King, his modern look was invented by Coco Cola during 40s, there is nothing that makes it more untouchable than Superman's post-golden age look.
    Funny statement considering you said Santa has more exposure, once again your comparing a character that's part of entertainment to one whose celebrated, if Superman has a national pagan holiday after him that's celebrated even in other countries or recognized then it might be more logical to compare him to Santa Clause, Superman has had different looks before the classic PC look that pretty much shows his look is changeable, it's not something that can't never be touched in main canon and over the years were shown that, 5 years in armor supports that his look can be changed as well.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 06-09-2016 at 09:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why the hell would Superman ever be embarrassed? If my dad was Superman he could wear whatever the hell he wanted because he's Superman.
    I'm pretty sure the average kid would be a little uncomfortable with their father running around in skintight red underwear, Superman or not. Then again Jon looks and dresses like a homeless kid with a superman hoodie so maybe he's an exception.

Fantastic Member

Funny statement considering you said Santa has more exposure, once again your comparing a character that's part of entertainment to one whose celebrated, if Superman has a national pagan holiday after him that's celebrated even in other countries or recognized then it might be more logical to compare him to Santa Clause, Superman has had different looks before the classic PC look that pretty much shows his look is changeable, it's not something that can't never be touched in main canon and over the years were shown that, 5 years in armor supports that his look can be changed as well.
    But history proved Santa's look is changeable too, why people don't update him again, to make him cooler or something?

And then there are classic Disney and Warner cartoon characters, who by your standards are probably more comparable to Superman, their looks are largely the same since 40s.

BANNED

But history proved Santa's look is changeable too, why people don't update him again, to make him cooler or something?

And then there are classic Disney and Warner cartoon characters, who by your standards are probably more comparable to Superman, their looks are largely the same since 40s.
    I don't understand how you keep putting stuff to contradict what your posting, or how you don't understand that comparing a character who appears in literature atleast 3 times a month to character who appears ever so often in media is passable.

When wearing underpants on the outside becomes cool again, yes.

Otherwise, he will just look like a huge dork.

Fantastic Member

I don't understand how you keep putting stuff to contradict what your posting, or how you don't understand that comparing a character who appears in literature atleast 3 times a month to character who appears ever so often in media is passable.
    Why should that be important? The profit is mostly from the merchandises and other derived products, and most of the underwear comparisons are not from the comicbook readers.

And I think you probably heavily underestimated how much Disney's comics sell worldwide.
    Last edited by qwerty3w; 06-09-2016 at 11:12 PM.

I don't miss them, they looked ridiculous. I feel the same way about domino masks, Wonder Woman's bathing suit costume and any robin costume without pants. That being said I don't mind them existing in flashbacks and getting nods to them here and there.
    As for the color, just put the yellow logo back on the cape, make his boots red again and maybe make the belt yellow.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 06-09-2016 at 11:24 PM.

They will never come up with a better costume than the original. The only reason it's still gone is Didio won't admitting he's clueless with no taste and Jim Lee not admitting he couldn't design a successful anything. Ruining his costume will never be anything but proof of those two things.

I'm 100% pro trunks, bright colors, and the big Yellow 'S' on the cape. Anything less just looks wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    I'm 100% pro trunks, bright colors, and the big Yellow 'S' on the cape. Anything less just looks wrong.
    Or belongs in an Elseworlds.
    #ILOVEYOU3000

Quote Originally Posted by ArachKing05 View Post
    Or belongs in an Elseworlds.
    YEs!! Love a good elseworlds tale.

Way too many things hitting normal continuity that SHOULD have been limited Elseworlds stories.

Incredible Member

They should of replaced the trunks with a red chevron style decal on in the same place the trunks were.

Something that gave the impression of the trunks without being them....