Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Uncanny X-Men, #8

"APOCALYPSE WARS" CONTINUES!
    • Fearing their teammate Archangel has once more fallen under the sway of the villainous Apocalypse, Psylocke and Magneto have embarked on a mission to save his life.
    • But little did Psylocke suspect that the mission would bring her face-to-face with her former flame, Fantomex! (And believe me, things did NOT end on good terms!)
    • Meanwhile, Sabretooth and M make a horrifying discovery in the Morlock tunnels beneath New York City. A ghost from M's past has resurfaced...and she's determined to make this run-in their last!

Full article here.

BANNED

Ooo, this is gonna be good. Solace, companionship and topped off with betrayal.

Ultimate Member

Though if it's the Apocalypse controlled version then it's not betrayal...just kill off Fantomex for good...hopefully...

BANNED

Looks good. So much better than that other guys art.

Excellent. I get this AND CW2: X-Men on the same day. 2 Bunns in the oven!
    I wonder who is behind Betsy's too easy escape.
    Ferris. I liked your snark and sensibilities since The Magneto War way back in the 90s.
    So Magneto has a Savage Land base and Sunspot has a Savage Land base. I wonder if they're neighbours.
    Loving the art though the colours could be a bit more pronounced. Lashley and Land alternating on this title is great. Can't believe I'm actually enjoying Land's art for once.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

This looks awesome. Bunn is amazing

Lashley stated on Instagram that he's done after 5 issues

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Lashley stated on Instagram that he's done after 5 issues
    I will roll to disbelieve... but I hope Marvel will assign him more at some point in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

I like the classic Butterfly TP effects on Psylocke's face brings me back old school

It's still strange for her to be calling out to Sabretooth as a trusted comrade for help though but I'll get over it sometime

The thing with the robot interacting with Archangel is... odd. Not sure where that's headed.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

The art is gorgeous!
    Interesting interaction between Archangel and Fenris. Wonder where it leads.
    I love how Bunn writes Betsy. She thinks her way thru and calculate things. And I'm so looking forward for her fight with Fantomex. Glad Lashley is drawing it instead of Land.

After seeing X-men: Apocalypse, my desire to see more Psylocke awesomeness has increased considerably. Looks like she'll get that chance in this issue. Not to mention Civil War: X-men #2. Should be a good week for Psylocke.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Lashley is off the book already? I guess the title will be relaunched shortly lol I mean, they're already at issue 8! /sarcasm
    Last edited by reptarcereal; 06-10-2016 at 03:29 AM.

Looks good.

10char

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    The art is gorgeous!
    Interesting interaction between Archangel and Fenris. Wonder where it leads.
    I love how Bunn writes Betsy. She thinks her way thru and calculate things. And I'm so looking forward for her fight with Fantomex. Glad Lashley is drawing it instead of Land.
    Same. When I tell people he writes Elizabeth like white Elizabeth, this is what I mean. She's not stupid, so why turn her into an action junkie just to get curb stomped for rushing into things.

Quote Originally Posted by reptarcereal View Post
    Lashley is off the book already? I guess the title will be relaunched shortly lol I mean, they're already at issue 8! /sarcasm
    Love your Avatar..

Ultimate Member

Most of the times that she got hurt for rushing into things was well after the bodyswap if memory serves, never liked the action junkie description, and the Asian version hasn't always been written as a woman that didn't think her way through things...Apocalypse and/or his goons probably used the Archangel shell to make their own warrior totally free from Warren's influence...here's hoping that he surprises everyone and returns and not with any dual minds in one body or anything like that...