Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Triton from the Inhumans.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

I think the Marvel U needs the wreaking crew and he fits as Piledriver for me
    piledriver.jpg

None; he's bigger than that.

Yeah, he doesn't seem like the superhero type of actor. Plus with Ben Affleck at the present working on DC stuff, there is a bigger chance he would be around there than MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaChiba View Post
    None; he's bigger than that.
    If robert redford and glenn close arent above CBMs then neither is Matt Damon. I mean the guys doing a another Bourne movie so I doubt hes some movie snob who thinks hes above comicbookmovies.

Sorry, I meant that he's way above doing some bit-part (unless he loves the character or owes someone a favour) or being a part of a team.

Affleck being BATMAN - one of the biggest comíc characters ever - is massively different to Damon playing some joker nobody's ever heard of, in a film about a team nobody (who doesn't read comics) has ever heard of.

BANNED

Sorry, I meant that he's way above doing some bit-part (unless he loves the character or owes someone a favour) or being a part of a team.
    I actually think the opposite might be true. I can't see Damon signing on for the long-term commitment of a multi-picture lead role in one of these things. At this point in his career, he really doesn't need to. If he were to appear in a superhero movie, I think the most likely scenario would be some kind of one-off role, something on the scale of an extended cameo.

My first thought was Nova.

Affleck being BATMAN - one of the biggest comíc characters ever - is massively different to Damon playing some joker nobody's ever heard of, in a film about a team nobody (who doesn't read comics) has ever heard of.
    Ok your were responding to someone suggesting the wrecking crew. Yes i totaly agree, he would be someone more important then a minor villain whos part of a group. DCEU hasnt been around long enough to know how they traet the actors yet but im sure it will be similar to marvel. According to people in the MCU marvel bends over backwards to work with your schedule, Paul Rudd said civil war and Antman were to most accommodating films he worked on.

I still think if he wants a meaty part that wouldnt require him to do cross over films and such Hunter the White Wolf is perfect. Hes tchalla adopted older brother, so hes important to the wakandan story. Hes also a complex charatcer. He becomes a villian because he truely loved Wakanda and doesnt like where the country is going. Right or wrong hes an appealing character with convictions similar to magneto. I also would love Matt as Hal Jordan or Booster Gold in the DCEU.

I dont think any actor is against a comicbook movie. But like Mathew Mconaughey said the script has to be right and the character has to be one you dont mind returning too for multiple films.

Denzel/Damon/Decaprio are the 3 id like to see in a superhero movie.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 06-12-2016 at 10:20 AM.

To be honest, I'm still surprised by Will Smith's decision. I think I'll give Suicide Squad a cinema trip just to fathom what attracted him to the role.

Yeah, Denzel, Damon, DiCaprio... big, impressive names. If any one of them signed up to a super hero film, it'd sway a lot of viewers into giving it a chance... though, to be honest, I reckon that a lot of casual viewers are feeling that they've seen super heroes now and want some other kind of summer blockbuster.

I can't imagine that being Independence Day 2, but maybe I'll be proven wrong.

P.S. I'm not saying that super hero films have had their time - an excellent script can easily get people back into seats - but, as far as blockbusters go, we've pretty much seen it all now and the studios need to get a new selling point.

Still flying

I still like the idea of Matt being casted as Sentry and I really like the idea of him playing a schizophrenic hero, just waiting to turn into an evil monster. He can be charming and then unsettling when acting evil like Geoffrey Dean Morgan as Negan in Walking Dead.
    I think it would make an interesting film.