Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I think Haggar has something to do with that reveal at the end.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think Haggar has something to do with that reveal at the end.
    That was my first thought too, as she's the last of the Big 3 villains out there. But nothing in what we saw really screams Haggar/Honerva. They could tie her in next season, easily. But the cliffhangar doesn't directly make me go Ah-ha, Haggar!

How many episodes are left now?

I am gonna be mega bummed when it is over.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    How many episodes are left now?

I am gonna be mega bummed when it is over.
    If earlier reports are to be believed, there is one more season of 13 episodes left. Should be 78 in total, when all is said and done

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    If earlier reports are to be believed, there is one more season of 13 episodes left. Should be 78 in total, when all is said and done
    So this is the end!?

NOOOOO!!!!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

So I just finished rewatching the S7 finale, and spotted something I missed the first time. Pidge compares the new robots Quintessence draining ability to the effect of the Komar, which was the Druid's planet killer back in S1-2. They used it to nearly kill Voltron during the final battle with Zarkon, before Allura personally kicked Haggar's behind and destroyed it.

So I take back my earlier statement, there is something from the finale that directly points to Haggar. And which makes tremendous thematic sense. Zarkon was Shiro's enemy, and Shiro literally died defeating him. They were both Black Paladins, and their rivalry drove most of S2. Lotor is Keith's thematic foe. Half Galra heirs to great leaders, each of whom is consumed by the part of them that is different (Lotor's Altean half, Keith's Galra). So it's Keith who exposes Lotor's villainy, and takes the reigns of the Black Lion to defeat him, finally becoming the true leader of the Paladins.

Haggar/Honerva has been set up as Allura's thematic foe. Altean alchemists, each an aide to a Black Paladin in S1-2. Each of whom resurrected their fallen leader after they were defeated (Zarkon in S4, Shiro in S6). Each of whom has had to step into a new role and find out who they really are in the wake of changing events and who has travelled to Oriande and unlocked it's secrets. S8 would make sense to pit Allura against Haggar in a final battle. Perhaps for the very soul of the Altean legacy. Also, given the themes of family that have been the backbone of so much of what this new Voltron has done, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we learn that Honerva and Allura are related by blood. Which would even further deepen the thematic resonance between the two, and set up a showdown that has been brewing since the end of S2, at least.

Damn, nice catch!

Mighty Member

I just finished season 7 today. Wow! What a season! The war to reclaim planet Earth from Sendak was everything I hoped for and more. Early on, I praised the creators for making the primary enemies be extremely intelligent. Remember, Sendak and his lieutenant almost singlehandedly ended the war before it began back in season 1 and watching him operate with all the resources of a fleet was tremendously pleasing. It's best for a story when the heroes have to overcome extremely long odds and Sendak was precisely the dangerous foil I wanted him to be.

The deus ex machina aspect of the show was in full swing this season, but I didn't mind that so much because the creators had truly tense and great scenes where the characters themselves had resigned themselves to their final fates before being saved. This has always been an aspect of the show, though it did do into the ludicrous levels when spoilers:
    Shiro reconfigured the Altas into a giant mecha. That was nuts! Great visually, but completely bonkers!
    end of spoilers

The creators love the Holts! Basically, if a character's last name is Holt, he or she can do anything. This time, it was Samuel Holt, transitioning from Earth's greatest scientist to the man who will likely forever be remembered in history as being Earth's finest leader in the war against Sendak. I'm actually surprised that Colleen hasn't yet been revealed as the Earth's best spy or something, given how skilled Matt and Katy are at fighting.

I loved how well the garrison troops worked with the paladins. I thought there was going to be more tension between the two teams, but thankfully, they didn't create drama where none was needed. Each team realized that the others had unique skills and weapons and worked together brilliantly.

This season, once the focus was fully on Earth, kept me on the edge of my seat and was a great roller coaster of a ride. This is by far the biggest definite leader of animated series of the decade. I can't wait until November to see how they wrap the whole story up. Haggar's not going to be an easy adversary and her latest creation actually defeated Voltron. Now that Earth's free, it's time to save the Alteans and thus, the rest of the universe. I'll definitely be popping popcorn when the final episodes drop.

It was pretty surreal being on earth. In all these seasons, it never even crossed my mind (unless I'm forgetting that they did) that they haven't visited until it was brought up this season. Major kudos for holding out for so long. Usually a lot of media dealing with space make sure to get to earth reaaal quick.

After months of putting off this show, jesus christ do they know how to both stage a finale but set up a next season. The whole Earth Arc was spectacularly epic, with the next season hints amazing as well. This is a fantastically underrated series.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

"After saving the Earth, the Paladins embark to prevent Honerva from setting into motion her deadliest plan yet. It’s a race against the clock as the Voltron Coalition gathers from the corners of the galaxy to defend the universe once and for all."

Final season airs December 14 with 13 episodes.

Rumor has it that the final episode is 90 minutes.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-21-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Just under Two weeks until the final season drops. I am very much stoked.

The final season is now on Netflix. I'll have to try, and get through some of it after I'm done packing for my vacation.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Down to the last Five episodes. This final season has been an emotional roller coaster.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I must say, I had some issues with the last 2 seasons in particular of this show, but am nonetheless very glad I got to see it. It will rightfully go down as a classic of Western animation, I believe.
    "What I sought, I could not obtain."

"This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in senseless folley."

"I will kill, I will let live..."

--Genuine Fake Priest Kotomine Kirei