Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Potanical Pardon's Avatar

Default VOLTRON: Legendary Defenders

I'm so happy!!!! For once, childhood not ruined!

It doesn't take very long to adjust to the animation style. It's actually very beautiful and enhances what you already know that's familiar about each character. Everyone's spirits are captured perfectly. Sven is now Shiro, and is probably the largest departure from the Swedish version, but he was pretty much a blank slate aside from his mystery arc, which I'm only one episode in so far, but there's definitely a mystery/secret involving him.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Huzzah! There's a discussion thread!

This show is great. I happened to be up at 3:00 AM Eastern, so I checked out the first episode, saw that the style was basically Legend of Korra in spaaaaaaaace, heated up some cold pizza, and had myself a good 'ol fashioned marathon session. I'm up to episode 10, and I can say unequivocally that I love this show. The voice acting is top notch, and the animation just kills. There's a duel in episode 4 that looks spectacular, as good as anything ATLA or a madhouse production have ever come up with. It's gonna kill me waiting another year for another season (that's if it's renewed, which I hope it is.)
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I hope Netflix keeps this Voltron rolling for at least a few episodes.

At episode 6 now. Saw the one twist coming by the beginning of the second episode. A welcome change to the lore. Show is really good taking plot cues from the original series season 1 and tweaking them to build on each cast member's character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Huzzah! There's a discussion thread!

This show is great. I happened to be up at 3:00 AM Eastern, so I checked out the first episode, saw that the style was basically Legend of Korra in spaaaaaaaace, heated up some cold pizza, and had myself a good 'ol fashioned marathon session.
    The design supervisor worked on Legend of Korra.

That's amazing that you caught that. I'm impressed.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ummm. Please tell me there are more episodes coming. Did the entire season not get released all at once?

So ... is the new Pidge trans or just a girl in disguise?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    spoilers:
    I thought she was trans too at first, but as it turns she needed to disguise herself as a boy to continue searching for her family.
    end of spoilers
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    She's a transgender icon now, that's for sure.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Ummm. Please tell me there are more episodes coming. Did the entire season not get released all at once?
    Why would you think there are more coming? It's a 13-episode season like the majority of Netflix original series. Yeah, the episode list says 11, but the first episode is an hour and 10 minutes long. It's basically three regular length episodes (about 23 minutes) that, for whatever reason, were cut together into a single "movie" pilot.

Because I actually watched all the episodes and want more because of the spoilers:
    cliffhanger
    end of spoilers. Is that okay with you?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    Because I actually watched all the episodes and want more because of the spoilers:
    cliffhanger
    end of spoilers. Is that okay with you?
    Is what okay with me? The fact that you responded to a straightforward attempt to address a question you raised ("Did the entire season not get released all at once?") with some uncalled for snark and snottiness? Sure. Fine with me. Nothing I haven't seen before.
    Last edited by kalorama; 06-10-2016 at 08:44 PM.

It was to convey excitement and hyperbole, not to be taken literally. Slow your roll, it's a children's cartoon.

Member in Disguise

Wait, this is out? Be back in 13 hours or so...
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Why would you think there are more coming? It's a 13-episode season like the majority of Netflix original series. Yeah, the episode list says 11, but the first episode is an hour and 10 minutes long. It's basically three regular length episodes (about 23 minutes) that, for whatever reason, were cut together into a single "movie" pilot.
    Unless Netflix has changed it's model, there absolutely are more coming. Probably in November/December, if previous series are any indications. Netflix almost always gives animated shows a 24-26 episode order, they just release it as two separate "seasons" to get product out to the consumer sooner. They did the same thing with their exclusive season(s) of Dragons. It was always ordered as a single block of episodes, they just released the first half as Season 1 to put content on the service while "Season 2" was being finished up. I believe that had a July/January release, but I'd have to look to be sure. And since Dragons is getting another batch of episodes later this month, the six month pattern is still holding. So if Voltron is a success, I won't be surprised to see another batch this time next year as well.