Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Holy heck, this newest batch of episodes is really something. Still two to go, but what a ride so far.

Keith returns to form as my favorite character by far. Lance is awesome, Pidge and Hunk both get big brain moments. And The Black Paladins may be the best episode of the entire run so far. This show is so well made.

Fantastic Member

Wow. Just watched season 6. It was so good. I love this show, it's so well crafted.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Holy heck, this newest batch of episodes is really something. Still two to go, but what a ride so far.

Keith returns to form as my favorite character by far. Lance is awesome, Pidge and Hunk both get big brain moments. And The Black Paladins may be the best episode of the entire run so far. This show is so well made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonwix View Post
    Wow. Just watched season 6. It was so good. I love this show, it's so well crafted.
    It's one of the best sci-fi shows of the 2010s IMHO.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just seeing this thread at the top alone indicates that the new batch just dropped. Brb.

Mighty Member

Holy cats, Lotor spoilers:
    went all Azula on us quick, didn't he? In less than 5 minutes, he drove even his closest supporter away from him once Alura said he's just like Zarkon. To be honest, I am glad that Lotor finally revealed his true self now. All the flowery "We are building a better future, you and I" and "No, it's all thanks to you, Alura" repeating over and over and over was getting a bit wearing.
    end of spoilers

This season has been incredible. Even the filler episode was pretty cool, and Hunk learning about Galra culture couldn't have been funnier. I also loved the nod to the original series as Alura was doing her pre-flight check before she and Lotor spoilers:
    entered the quintessence field
    end of spoilers.

After Keith spent his entire life without his mother, it was nice that spoilers:
    he and Krolia got to spend 2 years living together to catch up on everything while traveling through the quantum abyss. I have a feeling they'll never get alone time like that again for quite a while.
    end of spoilers

I never thought that watching someone trying to counter-hack a computer virus attack would have me on the edge of my seat, but there I was. Nicely done, creators.

I haven't seen the final episode yet, but it seems spoilers:
    Shiro has been promoted from Space Dad to Deus Ex Machina. It also looks like Keith has to be careful, or he'll end up dead just like Shiro. That's an interesting problem, that it seems a black paladin can boost the power and speed of the Black Lion with their own lifeforce. Unlimited power at your fingertips, if one is willing to sacrifice themselves to win and become one with the Force/Matrix/whatever Shiro is in.
    end of spoilers

Awesome season, yet again. Hard to believe we're already 6 seasons in, even though they're short.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Loved this batch of episodes! I was a little curious on why they would waste one of their episodes on a throwaway D and D episode though. Yeah it was fun an all but when you only have just a handful of episodes it seemed out of place. If the last few episodes of the season had not been so epic that throwaway would have really stuck out like a sore thumb.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Loved this batch of episodes! I was a little curious on why they would waste one of their episodes on a throwaway D and D episode though. Yeah it was fun an all but when you only have just a handful of episodes it seemed out of place. If the last few episodes of the season had not been so epic that throwaway would have really stuck out like a sore thumb.
    Pffft, the D&D episode was fucking amazing. Top 5 series episode for me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Pffft, the D&D episode was fucking amazing. Top 5 series episode for me.
    yeah but Coran is just one of those DMs, er, LMs, y'know? But then, my wife did point out that he really is Old School.

I don't believe I've played D&D before, but after seeing that hologram setup there is no other way I would want to play it. Yeaaa, might not be alive when that comes to fruition lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Loved this batch of episodes! I was a little curious on why they would waste one of their episodes on a throwaway D and D episode though.
    I typically hate filler episodes, but this one just hit all the right buttons that I really, really enjoyed it. The only complaint I have is that it came right after the episode where Keith and Krolia discover spoilers:
    Romelle
    end of spoilers right at the end of the episode, so I was initially really disappointed at having a filler episode immediately after that.

We have 26 more episodes to go in Netflix's initial order. There's still a lot left to do for the team. I'm excited to see if the producers can maintain this level of quality to the very end.

I need Keith to take over the team!

NEED!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Oh wow that was AWESOME, when even the filler episode is great you know you have a fantastic batch of episodes!!

The last three episodes were amazingly epic, can't wait to see what they do from here.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Just binged season 7 and ......... wow. That just might be my favorite season so far.

Mighty Member

Season 7 and Voltron keeps on rolling. Strong stuff here. Great character work for all 6 heroes, but most especially Keith. Cute moments for Lance/Alura, to launch another thousand shippers.

That finale opens some doors. Mirror universe, maybe? Or more Lotor shenanigans? I'll be really curious where they take this towards the finale.