Mighty Member

Default DKR The Last Crusade preview & interview

As for the little shown, looks really neat

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...e-last-crusade

BANNED

Interiors are looking real good but is there really an interview? I couldn`t acess it throught my phone.

BANNED

Excited to finally see Miller's Jason Todd in action.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Omg it's finally happening. I'll wait for reviews on Wednesday before making my mind if I wanna splash $7
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Astonishing Member

Yeah, Jason Todd beating (and possibly killing?) that thug with Batman looking on was truly awe-inspiring and disturbing at the same time.

I've long believed that, if you really want to look at the character of Robin and all that entails 'realistically', then Jason Todd is the perfect specimen (well, Damian too, but with his background as grandson of Ra's al Ghul trained as a ninja killing machine since childhood, I'd say he's an altogether more 'outlandish' take on the concept).

Its a little hard to justify Bruce taking in kids like Dick Grayson and Tim Drake and forging them into what are effectively 'child soldiers' in a sense. With Jason its a lot easier (accusations of child endangerment aside). Dick and Tim could have, with proper care and counselling, led pretty normal productive lives (Tim most definitely so). With Jason though, you can argue that Bruce took a kid who would have either wound up dead or becoming some kind of psychotic killer without the productive outlet of being a vigilante.

IMO, Jason is the perfect Robin for a Frank Miller Batman universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    With Jason its a lot easier (accusations of child endangerment aside). Dick and Tim could have, with proper care and counselling, led pretty normal productive lives (Tim most definitely so). With Jason though, you can argue that Bruce took a kid who would have either wound up dead or becoming some kind of psychotic killer without the productive outlet of being a vigilante.

IMO, Jason is the perfect Robin for a Frank Miller Batman universe.
    In the more extreme Starlin sense, yes, he`s a great take on that concept, but he was usually more balanced than that. That`s part of the complexity and why he`s more maneuvered than the others.

Incredible Member

Looks fantastic.

Always Rakzo

Probably one of the best things I've read from this particular universe recently. The dynamic between Bruce and Jason was powerfully depicted and plays with a lot of themes from the original DKR story. The Joker was pretty terrifying here.

Romita's art was nice as well.

Felt like part one of a two part story. I liked what was there, for the most part. Felt less like Miller fan fiction than DK3 has, at least.

Ultimately it was unsatisfying for me. It could have been better.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I liked how vulnerable and relatable Bruce was written. Also the rogues were more down to earth and scary than usual. If they mixed this and DKR I'd get an extended cut of it where the formerly deleted scenes do not ruin the movie for me. Phew, I really did not expect to like this that much.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I liked how vulnerable and relatable Bruce was written. Also the rogues were more down to earth and scary than usual. If they mixed this and DKR I'd get an extended cut of it where the formerly deleted scenes do not ruin the movie for me. Phew, I really did not expect to like this that much.
    I really like it as well. For me it works both stand alone, as a prequel to DKR as well as a bridge between Year 1 and DKR. The opening gels really well with the ending of Year one, when Joker is mentioned.

I think it added some sense to DKSA as well, why Dick would done a Joker get up to get back at Bruce. Not only becoming mental (which apperantly is a side effect of Bruce's nurture. Notably when he sees Jason's smile) but also to make it personal.

Excellent.. I need see that.