Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast
    Re member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I'd rather we didn't see the JSA in the scheduled announcements if it means Bendis is writing it!

What I read of his New Avengers run that started in 2010 (under "The Heroic Age" banner) was dreadful!
    Perhaps he’s just teasing it for another writer. I’d love to see them return.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopy View Post
    Perhaps he’s just teasing it for another writer. I’d love to see them return.
    Oh, I'm anxiously waiting for them return, but I'm also worried / afraid of how DC will consider them being "returned" to us and who DC will have handle that!

(To say I don't necessarily trust DC these days would be a bit of an understatement . . . )

Boisterously Confused

I'd rather we didn't see the JSA in the scheduled announcements if it means Bendis is writing it!

What I read of his New Avengers run that started in 2010 (under "The Heroic Age" banner) was dreadful!
    I agree about Disassembled in particular. However, (except for the main villain with the bad teeth) I have been pleasantly surprised by his work on Superman.

with marvel, there was good bendis and there was lazy bendis and it wasn't hard to get a read on which bendis you were getting once he jumped onto/or launched a series. so far, with very minimal returns, the jump to DC seems to have rejuvenated him back to "good bendis" status. his super-books have all been pleasant surprises, and i say that as a fan of both jurgens' action and tomasi/gleason's superman runs that were cut short to make room for him.

that said, he would not be my first pick to relaunch the jsa.

Re member

Talking

Oh, I'm anxiously waiting for them return, but I'm also worried / afraid of how DC will consider them being "returned" to us and who DC will have handle that!

(To say I don't necessarily trust DC these days would be a bit of an understatement . . . )
    No, I don’t either. I just keep in mind that any return might be wiped out by the next reboot or HiC style slaughter fest and buy the things that don’t seem to point to those sorts of events.

If we get junk, I’ll tune out. If we get the good stuff, all the better. I’ve lived through enough reboots to know “this too shall pass” includes pretty much everything except more Batman.

Incredible Member

I hope to see Nightwing on the new team roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    with marvel, there was good bendis and there was lazy bendis and it wasn't hard to get a read on which bendis you were getting once he jumped onto/or launched a series. so far, with very minimal returns, the jump to DC seems to have rejuvenated him back to "good bendis" status. his super-books have all been pleasant surprises, and i say that as a fan of both jurgens' action and tomasi/gleason's superman runs that were cut short to make room for him.

that said, he would not be my first pick to relaunch the jsa.

Agreed on all accounts. I throughly enjoyed Bendis’s run on Daredevil. I also enjoyed his first couple arcs of New Avengers, where all the villains break loose and the team has to reform to capture them. However, after the first couple of arcs the book started to turn into a convoluted mess.

I don’t think Bendis would understand these characters at all. I doubt Geoff Johns would come back for another run on this book, so I really have no idea who DC would choose to write this team. Of course I really don’t have any faith in the current leadership in selecting anyone who would be able to understand these characters. They will probably be “disassembled” and/or maimed,killed, etc for shock value.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by bearman View Post
    I hope to see Nightwing on the new team roster.
    "Nightwing" has no connection whatsoever to the Golden Age Justice Society of America, so what would be the purpose?

"Nightwing" has no connection whatsoever to the Golden Age Justice Society of America, so what would be the purpose?
    Nightwing doesn’t but maybe Ric does!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Back to the original Golden Age JSA:

from All Star Comics #20 (Spring 1944):

"The Monster" was also one of those Golden Age JSA foes that Roy Thomas used in his first All-Star Squadron arc.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I always really liked Dr Midnight. I'm trying to remember where I first saw him but I liked him instantly. He has a cool visual, a cool gimmick and even a cool color scheme.

I know it will never happen but I would love him to get a series.
    0a52e3bf52bc81898766e055be099da1-daj21b9.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I always really liked Dr Midnight. I'm trying to remember where I first saw him but I liked him instantly. He has a cool visual, a cool gimmick and even a cool color scheme.

Yes! This is another reason I have always preferred the JSA over the JLA. Their costumes, except Al Pratt, are awesome!

JSA All Stars featured several solo issues of the character. However, it was not the golden age character.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

I always think about the issue where he teams up with Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle when I think Dr. Mid-Nite. I really want a hospital/doctor procedural about him helping superheroes. I would pay good money for a series like that, hell with the horrible idea to shoot Dick in the head would've been a great time for Dr. Midnight to come back with a series like this.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Boisterously Confused

Pieter Cross had a mini-series that introduced him, but as far as I know, nothing else.
    Image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    . . . I really want a hospital/doctor procedural about him helping superheroes. I would pay good money for a series like that, hell with the horrible idea to shoot Dick in the head would've been a great time for Dr. Midnight to come back with a series like this.
    You want DC to use Dr. Mid-Nite the way Marvel uses Night Nurse?

Dr. Mid-Nite (both McNider and Cross) has been shown to helping other heroes often in the past, but it wasn't the major focus of the character.