Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 202627282930

Man I need to get get JSA omnibus vol. 3 soon. I can’t wait for the inevitable return of the JSA post-Doomsday Clock.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But I'm guessing I'm wasting my time trying to explain why it's so important to me. No point making any more posts on the subject. Too many people here don't sound like they understand me.
    After an average of doing it around 10 times/day I imagine it may be a habit that's hard to quit.

But it would be difficult for anyone to misunderstand someone saying the same thing over and over. (I repeat myself too--no insult intended--I just don't say I'm going to stop because I'm being misunderstood.)

You've been very clear that you want the JSA back in one and only one way and, if DC doesn't do what you want with JSA, you won't buy it.

And you post in this DC forum several times daily, particularly in threads about books you're not reading, to let everyone know you're not buying any DC (except for Scooby Doo Team-Up of course).

That's all well and good and I, for one, appreciate you as a poster and especially as a comics historian here, but please don't make the mistake of believing you're misunderstood.

The people responding to you are giving their opinions, not attempting to meet your criteria. It seems like you may be the one that's misunderstanding. You seemed to understand when you said that you didn't suggest DC try to meet your criteria, but since then you've felt misunderstood when people have posted about wanting something different from what you want. We all know by now that you don't buy DC Comics and that the only way you will is if DC does exactly what you want them to with JSA.

It really is "as simple as this."

And please don't stop posting (or repeating yourself). That's not my point at all. My only real point here is that it would impossible for you to be "misunderstood."

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    After an average of doing it around 10 times/day I imagine it may be a habit that's hard to quit.

But it would be difficult for anyone to misunderstand someone saying the same thing over and over. (I repeat myself too--no insult intended--I just don't say I'm going to stop because I'm being misunderstood.)

You've been very clear that you want the JSA back in one and only one way and, if DC doesn't do what you want with JSA, you won't buy it.

And you post in this DC forum several times daily, particularly in threads about books you're not reading, to let everyone know you're not buying any DC (except for Scooby Doo Team-Up of course).

That's all well and good and I, for one, appreciate you as a poster and especially as a comics historian here, but please don't make the mistake of believing you're misunderstood.

The people responding to you are giving their opinions, not attempting to meet your criteria. It seems like you may be the one that's misunderstanding. You seemed to understand when you said that you didn't suggest DC try to meet your criteria, but since then you've felt misunderstood when people have posted about wanting something different from what you want. We all know by now that you don't buy DC Comics and that the only way you will is if DC does exactly what you want them to with JSA.

It really is "as simple as this."

And please don't stop posting (or repeating yourself). That's not my point at all. My only real point here is that it would impossible for you to be "misunderstood."
    Truth.

It's been two and a half years since the Rebirth Special teased a JSA comeback.
    It's been over eight since we've seen them in anything approacing their original form.

With a lack of real content, we pretty much are just repeating ourselves.

As I've mentioned before, JSA fans are like people who want dinner. They all agree to get pizza, but when it comes to deciding what's on the pizza, there are major differences of opinion. We all want the JSA back, but how we want them is different for many of us. Generally we do maintain a decorum and manners while discussing this topic ad nauseum. I certainly take my considerable share of the blame in much of the same old, same old.

Now if DC would come out with a JSA book we could all focus on that instead of each others repetition.

finally finished my re-read of the robinson/goyer/johns jsa. i forgot that i had soured on the book by the end because of all the infinite crisis tie-ins, with a big exception set aside for that issue w/ stargirl where her father dies. exceptional issue.

i'm going to re-read johns' hawkman next, then jump into his justice society. i actually dropped the book after thy kingdom come back in the day, so i haven't read anything past that.

john's jsa and flash, busiek's avengers, and carey's lucifer remain my favorite books from the first half of the 2000s.

New JSA gripe!

Volume 10 of the All-Star Archives is ridiculously expensive. Discuss.

And I'm cheap.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    New JSA gripe!

Volume 10 of the All-Star Archives is ridiculously expensive. Discuss.

And I'm cheap.
    I feel ya brother. I go the digital route, and not only is collecting by that route expensive, it's incomplete (at least, on the single-issue side).

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I feel ya brother. I go the digital route, and not only is collecting by that route expensive, it's incomplete (at least, on the single-issue side).
    To be fair, even that particular overpriced reprint edition is far cheaper than the originals.

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    . . . i'm going to re-read johns' hawkman next, then jump into his justice society. i actually dropped the book after thy kingdom come back in the day, so i haven't read anything past that.
    How long after that Kingdom Come-run did Johns leave the title?
    I thought there were mixed opinions on where things went from there, even before Marc Guggenheim's pathetic last gasp at the end.

(And I'll spare people my re-posting of the cover to issue #49 which I tend to use as my example of a miserable concept/run.)

i think -- but my memory is stretching back over a decade at this point, so i could be wrong -- that johns stayed for one additional/brief arc after thy kingdom come, then jumped ship.

How long after that Kingdom Come-run did Johns leave the title?
    I thought there were mixed opinions on where things went from there, even before Marc Guggenheim's pathetic last gasp at the end.

(And I'll spare people my re-posting of the cover to issue #49 which I tend to use as my example of a miserable concept/run.)
    Do you think JSA omnibus vol. 3 (I have read vol. 1 & 2) is worth buying?

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

As we've discussed in other threads, spoilers:
    did they really "return", or is it just that they were seen in old video footage and aren't actually back yet?
    end of spoilers

Also, from that CBR post,
    Really?!? spoilers:
    Where did Hourman return; which one was it; and since when did Hourman have "mystical and mythological aspects"?!? Did somebody at CBR somehow confuse Dr. Fate for Hourman?!?
    end of spoilers

Since I'm not actually reading most DC books these days, especially not Doomsday Cluck, if somebody could clarify my confusion I'd appreciate it.
    Yeah, i think they mean Dr Fate.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Do you think JSA omnibus vol. 3 (I have read vol. 1 & 2) is worth buying?
    While I wouldn't say it's as good as the prior run, there's enough moments in it that I'm planning on getting all three volumes with my upcoming tax return. About time I had the whole thing collected and I really miss the JSA.

Tl;Dr

If you can get a good deal, sure.