Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Does anyone think we'll ever see the trinity restored to the JSA?

a man who created images dr-brainwave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Interviews where and with who?

And was anything said about "Dark Universe", "Mystic U", and that Raven six-issue mini-series?

Hi MajorHoy! in this interview Geoff Johns confirmed that JSA, Atom, Legion of Super-Heroes and Shazam are on the way.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-5-25/rebi...epic-new-comic

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    So, as of now we know (or it appears) that the JSA Rebirth book will be the original versions of Dr. Fate, The Flash, Atom, Dr. Mid-Nite, Green Lantern, Hourman, and Black Canary.
    I wonder if they'll also include others like Kal-L? I really hope so, because he was great and it really ticked me off when they killed him in Infinite Crisis.
    i guess you're referring to that hourglass on the cover of DC Rebirth, right?
    so far, we don't know if the hourglass is a teaser or just a symbol for the Golden Age.

Kal-L is the only Superman i've ever cared about i'd love to see him back! i love the original Supey!

back during the 2000s Geoff Johns gave me two slaps on my face:
    - the first one was when Rex Tyler retired in JSA 66.
    - the second one was when Kal-L died in Infinite Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Does anyone think we'll ever see the trinity restored to the JSA?
    i don't know if we'll ever see them again, but i would love to see the original Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman back!

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dr-brainwave View Post

Kal-L is the only Superman i've ever cared about i'd love to see him back! i love the original Supey!
    Yeah, same here. I've never really cared for Kal-El. I like All-Star Superman, OWAW, Superman For All Season, Superman Kryptonite, Superman Birthright, Superman Secret Identity, Superman and the LOSH by Johns and the Superman run by Byrne. That's it. That encompasses my library of books starring Kal-El. I'm just not a big fan. Other than those books I have, I find him boring.

Kal-L on the other hand, I really like. He's much more interesting and has a personality.
    Last edited by The Whovian; 06-13-2016 at 11:31 AM.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Dark Universe characters are shown in the Rebirth group shot. Mystic U and Raven solo will probably show up later.
    Of course, Mystic U was suppose to be part of the DCYou launch in June of 2015, and the Raven mini-series was discussed for early 2016 . . .

Hi MajorHoy! in this interview Geoff Johns confirmed that JSA, Atom, Legion of Super-Heroes and Shazam are on the way.

http://www.blastr.com/2016-5-25/rebi...epic-new-comic
    You mean this?
    “There will be a Shazam book. Not by me, but they’re definitely doing a Shazam book. One of the reasons they’re double shipping, the advantage to double-ship, is to take the number of titles and contract it, and the number of characters. Get these characters right. Then, slowly, when you’ve made sure everything’s working in a great way, then Shazam comes out. Legion of Super-Heroes comes out. Justice Society comes out. Atom comes out. All the other books can come out. But it’s important to get them done right first. It is hard to launch 52 books, and make them all great. I think it’s better to focus on fewer characters, then expand it as the emotional base is back.”
    Forgive me if I don't take that as gospel that it WILL happen anytime soon. I've seen enough times where Geoff Johns talks about what he's planned for the future, but then it doesn't happen.

Anybody remember how they talked about other members that were suppose to appear in Justice League after the initial origin with Darkseid? And when did Lady Luck ever join that group?
    (Yeah, someone named "Lady Luck" appeared briefly dealing cards in a Dan DiDio-written issue of Phantom Stranger, but they actually recolored her traditional green outfit to a color closer to black by the time it was collected in a tpb.)

I'm not saying any of that stuff Johns said WON'T ever happen, but I think it's still a long way away from earning the "definitely WILL happen sometime soon" label.
    Last edited by MajorHoy; 06-13-2016 at 12:14 PM.

i don't know if we'll ever see them again, but I would love to see the original Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman back!
    Golden Age/PC Earth-Two Bats in particular needs to have his death retconned away; that whole business of dying @ the hands of magically-empowered crook Bill Jensen was Silver Age hokum already 10+ years out of style when that story was published
    #ILOVEYOU3000

Quote Originally Posted by ArachKing05 View Post
    Golden Age/PC Earth-Two Bats in particular needs to have his death retconned away; that whole business of dying @ the hands of magically-empowered crook Bill Jensen was Silver Age hokum already 10+ years out of style when that story was published
    Oh, I don't know . . . it was pretty effective for me when I bought it off the racks back when I was in high school.
    (That was also back when superheroes weren't killed off every month only to be revived a year or so later.)

Quote Originally Posted by ArachKing05 View Post
    I fan-wanked Bill Jensen was the Earth-Two counterpart to Bane. Or, more accurately, Bane was the post-Crisis version of Bill Jensen.

All-New Member

Let the Joker do it (Justice Society of America Annual).

All-New Member

My first exposure to the JSA was back in the mid 70's. I was in a bookstore in local mall and ran across the Famous First Edition of All Star Comics 3. I recognized different versions of Flash and Green Lantern (compared to the Silver age ones). I bought it, took it home, and dove into it. For the rest of the weekend I read and reread the adventures of each member. I especially loved the two page spread of DC and All American comic books! How I wished I had been a young boy back in those days!

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    Hourman has always been one of my favorite characters.
    Hourman was one of my favorites along with the Atom. Unfortunately, Hourman was replaced too soon. I have been able to find some Archive Editions that feature
    individual stories of Hourman.