Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman V Superman" Cinematographer Now Insists "Everyone Will Love" Ultimate Edition

Although he initially claimed, "If you hated it, you'll still hate it," Larry Fong has changed his opinion after a second viewing.

Full article here.

Spectacular Member

Watched the #UltimateEdition again; now believe EVERYONE will LOVE it.
    How about NO.

is he being sarcastic. He could very well be an improvement but Everyone never loved anything especially a movie as decisive as this. DD's Director cut was an improvement but it didnt make people who hated the movie like it. DD was worse then BvS dont get me wrong.

Amazing Member

Because if you hated it, there's now even more to hate! Happy hating, everyone who will never actually buy this catshit sandwich, now with extra catshit.

Spectacular Member

Mr Flip-Flop?

Surely one extra viewing wouldn't cause anybody to do a 180
    ... unless there's bribes involved ?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

He says that like Batman isn't supposed to be snarky. Like most versions are.
    Cyclops was right

I assume that somebody told him to fall in line. In any case, I can't imagine sitting through even more of that.

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoex View Post
    Mr Flip-Flop?

... unless there's bribes involved ?
    I think it happens plenty. Regardless of actual quality, there have been a lot of films I went in expecting to hate, resulting in me not liking the film. Seeing it later on TV or at a friend's house, suddenly I enjoy it way more, not remembering what I even disliked about the film to begin with.

Granted, I've also loved movies on the first watch, only to find myself disliking them on subsequent viewings.

Of course, anecdotes are not data, so YMMV.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LGBoex View Post
    Mr Flip-Flop?

I know many people (myself included) whose opinions of a film changed significantly after a second viewing.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I know many people (myself included) whose opinions of a film changed significantly after a second viewing.
    I dont know. I have the feeling he was "told" by the powers that be to change his opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by knighted View Post
    I dont know. I have the feeling he was "told" by the powers that be to change his opinion.
    That could be true, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for someone to change their opinion on a film between viewings. The answer isn't always bribery or coercion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by knighted View Post
    Could be. Or it could be that he saw the movie again and rethought his opinion of his own accord. The simple truth is that we'll never really know. But the point is that it's certainly well within the realm of possibility for someone to change their mind about a movie after seeing it again.

Saw it twice and my opinion went down, because the fundamental problems of the film didn't change. They can add to the film to give context to some of the baffling plot holes, but those weren't the biggest issues for me.

If it shows up on HBO I might watch it. Because I am already paying for HBO to watch Game of Thrones. But I'm not going to encourage WB to keep on making bad products by spending money on it no matter what form they offer it in.
    Speaking of Game of Thrones. This is the way to make a grim, dark, ultra violent show that still has a coherent, easy to follow story that has characters I can care about and is entertaining.
    Last edited by Osiris-Rex; 06-11-2016 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    Although he initially claimed, "If you hated it, you'll still hate it," Larry Fong has changed his opinion after a second viewing.

Full article here.
    Translation, "They yelled at me for criticizing it and are worried it might cost them sales. Please give us your money, I swear it will be better this time."