Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Default The Fate of Lennox (Spoilers)

So Lennox is dead at the moment. The question now is: should he come back? Does anyone not want him back? If he does comeback, where should he go after Azzarello leaves the title?
    Cyclops was right

BANNED

I don't think he's really dead. Azz wouldn't have his crumbling head sitting on furniture at Diana's if he wasn't. That's a little too dark even for this "horror" book. He may have something to do with Hippolyta's return, since they're both made of stone.

You're an eighty years old super-soldier, who's made of STONE...who regularly gets your head and chest cracked open like and egg, ..but, who doesn't get your sister, ..who is WONDER WOMAN, ..to hook you up with a pair of indestructible bracelets that could [like...] so-ooo NOT get your head cracked open (again) and that would probably save your miserable, quasi-immortal life?! You just keep running BACK into battle, after battle, ..knowing what's going to happen...that you'll surely get your head cracked open (again) by a brain-eating monster, who will use it as a SOCCER BALL, before it winds up on someone's mantle, ..even though your half-brother is an immortal smith god, who makes weapons for ZEUS and ATHENA...

Wonder Woman has a pair of indestructible bracelets, an unbreakable, magic lasso, a shield, a shiny, metallic bustier and SWORDS shooting out of her bracelets! She's got weapons inside and ON TOP of her weapons, ..and...u-uuh...what does her dufus half-brother have? Seriously...what good is he?

Does Lennox deserve to come back? Do we want this idiot back in 'the Army?' Do we need him? Isn't Orion, enough?
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 06-26-2014 at 11:02 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsHammer View Post
    So Lennox is dead at the moment. The question now is: should he come back? Does anyone not want him back? If he does comeback, where should he go after Azzarello leaves the title?
    I was a great character, but I am a strong supporter of not bringing back dead characters ever, no matter how much I like them.

BANNED

Dead is dead. Oh, wait a second, this is a comic.

Well, if he isn't dead permanently, then it ruins the impact of his death in the comics and therefore makes any other deaths just a ho-hum affair. We would just be waiting for the inevitable resurrection.

I would say that if Lennox's death doesn't remain permanent, then it should lessen the greatness (at least in some peoples eyes) of Azz's story. Besides, the come back to life trope in comics would be too easy of a cop out.

I thought you had some spoilers about the end of the story OP. How is any of this spoilerish?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hurt View Post
    I thought you had some spoilers about the end of the story OP. How is any of this spoilerish?
    I just read his death scene, and I wasn't sure how old a story had to be to not be spoilers. I'm new.

Also, to Mel Dyer: I started screaming at the screen when he did his sacrifice charge. Why the hell didn't he keep the Gatling gun? They could have just knocked the First Born back with that! Plus, it looked awesome.
    Cyclops was right

How does a guy, who turns into stone, charge into battle next to WONDER WOMAN, who happens to be his sister, and not get Hephaestus to hook him up with a pair of indestructible arm-bands?
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!