Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Sony Announces Upgraded Playstation 4, will it effect the standard PS4 system?

well its true Sony announced yesterday that the Ps4 will be upgraded naming the new system "Neo" it will have 4k Resolution, better processor, richer graphics, and more expensive. they also said it was made to co-exist with the regular PS4 and will continue to support both. the biggest questions is will this impact the standard PS4? will they eventually stop supporting the original ps4? please post your opinions.

Extraordinary Member

Wow. a whole buncha ppl just got jerked then. I haven't even bought my Ps4 yet was gonna buy it for Uncharted 4 multiplayer and maybe Overwatch but I guess I should wait now.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

According to the leak/rumors Sony has a mandate that all future games must work on both PS4s and no Neo exclusive games so there won't be a community split.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    According to the leak/rumors Sony has a mandate that all future games must work on both PS4s and no Neo exclusive games so there won't be a community split.
    good to hear and i appreciate your opinion on this issue. i believe Sony made a very greedy decision since they are in the lead with sales.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

I don't plan on getting a new PS4 til a few years from now. I mean , sure its nice to get an upgraded system. But hell , who knows when Sony won't be doing another upgraded system or one for a game launch with the Neo for a game like they do for the Batman or Uncharted games.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So how much will this system cost?

If I don't own any systems currently, will this new system be worth waiting for?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    So how much will this system cost?

If I don't own any systems currently, will this new system be worth waiting for?
    I had heard $450 or $500 I believe.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Not a fan of upgrading consoles. I usually only buy the new model if my old one breaks. I just now bought a DSLite!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm going to guess that doesn't last all that long. The Xbox One is rumored to be getting something like this too, Scorpio, and it's rumored to be even more powerful. If Scorpio starts having games that can only run on the new system, I doubt it will take long for Sony to do the same thing. The 360 had something similar too, where because they sold versions with and without hard drives, games at first couldn't be required to use the hard drive; that went away after a few years, but I'm thinking it doesn't take years of these new consoles to get to that point.

These new iteration, they basically just sound like new consoles. It sounds like this generation is going to be the shortest console generation there's been. These "iterations" are probably happening because the PS4 & Xbox One are really things that never should have come out when they did in the first place; the graphical leap wasn't huge, and by this point they're going to need more powerful systems if they would to do this uncoming 3D stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Not a fan of upgrading consoles. I usually only buy the new model if my old one breaks. I just now bought a DSLite!
    They've been doing upgrades for a long while now, the PS3 and Xbox 360 systems aren't as powerful as the ones release by the end of that console cycle, but they've never been such huge leaps where they're basically not the same system anymore like these new ones seemingly are going to be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Wow. a whole buncha ppl just got jerked then.
    including me and 40 million people worldwide who bought the PS4, but they did say that they will support both

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    including me and 40 million people worldwide who bought the PS4, but they did say that they will support both
    Hopefully it will for some years to come you'd expect ps4 to last atleast half as long as ps3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Hopefully it will for some years to come you'd expect ps4 to last atleast half as long as ps3.
    2017 would be the PS4 lasting half as long as the PS3.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    2017 would be the PS4 lasting half as long as the PS3.
    so your saying next year is the last year of the standard PS4?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    so your saying next year is the last year of the standard PS4?
    No. But 2017 is when the Neo is coming out, and by that time the PS4 will have been around for half the time the PS3 was...which is how long CliffHanger2 said he'd at least hope for the PS3 to be around.