Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Neo is basically just a 4.5. It's core things are played games with updated graphics and being better with PlayStation VR. All I can see it being ideal for at this point.

I'm not too concerned. Hopefully this means last gen development will end so that all publisher resources and time can be focused on expanding and improving now-gen dev.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    I'm not too concerned. Hopefully this means last gen development will end so that all publisher resources and time can be focused on expanding and improving now-gen dev.
    How much last Gen Development is there?

Other than EA Sports Games, Lego Game and the odd Atlus Japananime game port.

As long as the last gen box still does useful stuff like stream Netflix and Hulu and has access to its huge library, there's no compelling reason to trash it.

If the Playstation Neo's release means that the PS4 will get a price reduction, then I'm all for it.

I've been burned on too many consoles to ever early adopt.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Neo is not a new console. No reason to treat it like one.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hope that Sony learned their lesson last gen when the PS3 pissed off so many people and drove sales of the Xbox360 through the roof. As long as they keep fans happy and don't just dick them over they should be fine. If they screw over all the people that came back on board with the PS4 it would be a PR nightmare they might never recover from. Sony built back up a lot of good will by doing about everything right this console gen while Microsoft has done about everything wrong witch is why Sony is beating them 2 to 1 this gen. If Sony did something stupid like just hanging all those normal PS4 users out to dry it would be a disaster for their brand long term.

They aren't new consoles. Think of it more like the Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge. If you have a PS4 or XboxOne, no worries. If you don't have either, well a newer version is coming. Much like the slim models that cam later in the last gen cycle.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    They aren't new consoles. Think of it more like the Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge. If you have a PS4 or XboxOne, no worries. If you don't have either, well a newer version is coming. Much like the slim models that cam later in the last gen cycle.
    The Neo and the Scorpio isn't quite like what your say, these two new "upgrades" sound like they're vastly more powerful than the PS4 and Xbox One. The jump is big enough where normally they'd just be talking about these as new consoles, but they aren't going to do that with these, because the PS4 and Xbox One have only beien out for like three years right now.

This is also nothing at all like the slim models.