Amazing Member

Default Ending of batman rebirth

Can someone please explain the ending I batman rebirth to me. I just read it (being largely unfamiliar with batman outside if the new 52) and feel like I'm missing something. Alfredo throwing the avacado to the bats in a hole. Does that mean something? And what's up with calendar man? And the spores? I just felt like the story didn't come together well for me with batman doing push ups on one page and then kicking down a tree on the other, stopping a weather machine but the seasons still changing, etc. Would love to get others takes on what is going on.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zsizzle View Post
    Can someone please explain the ending I batman rebirth to me. I just read it (being largely unfamiliar with batman outside if the new 52) and feel like I'm missing something. Alfredo throwing the avacado to the bats in a hole. Does that mean something? And what's up with calendar man? And the spores? I just felt like the story didn't come together well for me with batman doing push ups on one page and then kicking down a tree on the other, stopping a weather machine but the seasons still changing, etc. Would love to get others takes on what is going on.
    This is probably best put in the Batman forums.

But as for your question, the avocado scene was just King tying up the story as it started out w/ avocados too. Alfred looks a bit sad or disappointed, not b/c of the avocado, but perhaps due to Duke being trained. It's metaphorical of the cycle of life. Alfred sees avocados come and go, just like he sees Robins come and go. Robins are like avocados - need to be picked at the perfect ripeness or they may not be up to standards.

As for the Calendar Man/seasons/spores, it's just a new take on the character, and I believe told in a misleading way chronologically. It's King's style. He's probably setting up something for a future arc.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

There really is no explanation for that issue . . . too much Snyder influence with the same overbearing mess he created through-out most of his run, and another (failed) attempt to create a kewl version of a plant-theme-related villain that wasn't Poison Ivy.
    (First Mr. Bloom, now a season-based Calendar Man that molts?!?)