Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 349
  1. #31
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,776

    Default

    The new 52 Superman was no one's carpet. He had a lot of spunk, even as a kid.





    [img]https://i.*****.com/vi/3jlMR8r_QVw/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,776

    Default






  3. #33
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,776

    Default

    Nice defining character moments for new 52 Clark Kent.






    Last edited by hellacre; 06-15-2016 at 03:56 AM.

  4. #34
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,776

    Default




  5. #35
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,776

    Default



    Last edited by hellacre; 06-15-2016 at 04:11 AM.

  6. #36
    Extraordinary Member hellacre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,776

    Default

    Even smart as a baby.







  7. #37
    Ultimate Member Sacred Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,403

    Default

    Great stuff guys, thanks for the collection of images to peruse.

    I hope to see you again in the future, Superman.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

    "Now why don't we step up here and everybody get stepped up, and let's get some stepped up personal space up in this place." - Phillip Jacobs

  8. #38
    Astonishing Member Francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    One of the things I most loved about New 52 Superman was the return of the super intelligence. Sadly some writers just forgot about it to accommodate their plots.
    I also didn't like that panel with Superman consciously trying to be human or act human and afraid that if he doesn't do mundane stuff he would eventually become a tyrant or a threat to the world. I think he should do mundane stuff to keep his cover not out of fear of becoming something he is not and can't never be since he was raised by the Kents.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

  9. #39
    Extraordinary Member adrikito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Gotham City
    Posts
    6,718

    Default

    Thanks for this moments.. I'm enjoying watching them again.

  10. #40
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Backwoods of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    I know this is a separate universe from the New 52, or DCAMU, but this scene provided a somewhat interesting introduction to an animated Superman that is kind of adopted from the New 52, but seeing it as an animated version was interesting. Kind of Disappointed that Justice League War didn't include the Flash bit, but here it is:


  11. #41
    Astonishing Member Francisco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I know this is a separate universe from the New 52, or DCAMU, but this scene provided a somewhat interesting introduction to an animated Superman that is kind of adopted from the New 52, but seeing it as an animated version was interesting. Kind of Disappointed that Justice League War didn't include the Flash bit, but here it is:

    Realest Batman v Superman fight ever made lol
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

  12. #42
    Celestial Centurion Caelestial5595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    I also didn't like that panel with Superman consciously trying to be human or act human and afraid that if he doesn't do mundane stuff he would eventually become a tyrant or a threat to the world. I think he should do mundane stuff to keep his cover not out of fear of becoming something he is not and can't never be since he was raised by the Kents.
    Well said. I've always hated the idea that Superman of all people can jump off the slope so easily as often implied (I'm looking at you, Injustice and Dawn of Justice): Sent away for his own survival by parents who clearly loved him and had very noble intentions, and raised on Earth by the best possible parents in all comicbookdom, and apparently he can go mad with grief and rage at the loss of one woman. Way to completely miss the point of Superman, DC (I want a storyline where Batman goes evil for once and Superman stays the paragon, just to even things out. lol). So glad New 52 never went down that route.

    That whole "needing to be humanized" etc etc reasoning doesn't hold water. He was raised by the Kents on Earth, that's all the humanization he needs right there.

    The Baka arc is ample testimony to that. "New 52 Superman was too grim and more of a Kryptonian Batman"... yeah right. Guess some folks had already formed their opinions back in 2011 and no amount of heartfelt writing was ever going to sway them. The self sabotage by editorial didn't help matters in the slightest.

    As much as I treasure that scene with Baka, and by extension everything Pak did in Action, Morrison's Action Comics 13 (the Krypto reunion) had me tear up. Which absolutely never happens. So kudos to Morrison for that. The Molly Fisch extras in Morrison's initial run also spoke to my heart, like the scene where Clark accidentally ends up in his past during the Vndctvx storyline and speaks to Pa. Very poignant all around, with Clark unable to tell him they're dead in the present, Pa's stoic understanding and wisdom, and his encouragement. "Because Kents aren't quitters" indeed. I wish I had scans of that scene. Simply beautiful.

    Thanks for posting that scene at Mt. Etna, H. I cheer every time I see Clark earn Hephaestus' grudging respect and take Apollo down a peg. lol. Heck, that first six issue arc of Charles Soule's will be my favorite mini arc in any comic for quite a while to come.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Backwoods of Pennsylvania
    Posts
    3,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    One of the things I most loved about New 52 Superman was the return of the super intelligence. Sadly some writers just forgot about it to accommodate their plots.
    I also didn't like that panel with Superman consciously trying to be human or act human and afraid that if he doesn't do mundane stuff he would eventually become a tyrant or a threat to the world. I think he should do mundane stuff to keep his cover not out of fear of becoming something he is not and can't never be since he was raised by the Kents.
    Essentially that's why I like Hernan Guerra, he does things that would be a off for a canon Superman to do, but he remains a protagonist nonetheless, and doesn't do a heel-face turn. He also had a poorer upbringing than the Kents as well, which is why he is interesting to me. Will say though that the N52 version was still interesting to me though.

  14. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    20,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caelestial5595 View Post
    Well said. I've always hated the idea that Superman of all people can jump off the slope so easily as often implied (I'm looking at you, Injustice and Dawn of Justice): Sent away for his own survival by parents who clearly loved him and had very noble intentions, and raised on Earth by the best possible parents in all comicbookdom, and apparently he can go mad with grief and rage at the loss of one woman. Way to completely miss the point of Superman, DC (I want a storyline where Batman goes evil for once and Superman stays the paragon, just to even things out. lol). So glad New 52 never went down that route.

    That whole "needing to be humanized" etc etc reasoning doesn't hold water. He was raised by the Kents on Earth, that's all the humanization he needs right there.

    The Baka arc is ample testimony to that. "New 52 Superman was too grim and more of a Kryptonian Batman"... yeah right. Guess some folks had already formed their opinions back in 2011 and no amount of heartfelt writing was ever going to sway them. The self sabotage by editorial didn't help matters in the slightest.

    As much as I treasure that scene with Baka, and by extension everything Pak did in Action, Morrison's Action Comics 13 (the Krypto reunion) had me tear up. Which absolutely never happens. So kudos to Morrison for that. The Molly Fisch extras in Morrison's initial run also spoke to my heart, like the scene where Clark accidentally ends up in his past during the Vndctvx storyline and speaks to Pa. Very poignant all around, with Clark unable to tell him they're dead in the present, Pa's stoic understanding and wisdom, and his encouragement. "Because Kents aren't quitters" indeed. I wish I had scans of that scene. Simply beautiful.

    Thanks for posting that scene at Mt. Etna, H. I cheer every time I see Clark earn Hephaestus' grudging respect and take Apollo down a peg. lol. Heck, that first six issue arc of Charles Soule's will be my favorite mini arc in any comic for quite a while to come.
    I agree with most of what you say except one thing. Dawn of Justice did not have Superman jump off the slippery slope. That was just Lex and Bruce's paranoia.

  15. #45
    Incredible Member A Guy's Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Where there's a tonne of cats.
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Yeah, that comic with New-52 Superman and Neil Degrasse Tyson was poignant, in a close to REAL-science way. Looking at an image of his home planet, his Krypton blowing up from light that has traveled from light years away, the light just reaching Earth, forming an image. Making it seemed as if Krypton being destroyed in front of him, right now, instead of it happening more than 2 decades ago.

    Because all light that you see from distant suns traveled a LONG way, taking a LONG time for you to see the it. A star that you see today, might not actually be there anymore as you currently see it. Only trace of its past form is old light from a transient photograph of what once were there. An optical echo, if you will.

    A melancholic flashback that made Kal's heart drop.
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 06-15-2016 at 06:42 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •