Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Celestial Centurion Caelestial5595's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Dawn of Justice did not have Superman jump off the slippery slope. That was just Lex and Bruce's paranoia.
    Actually, it did. The implication with Flash's appearance at the end of the Knightmare is that it's a vision of sorts, and a legitimate possibilty. That's bad enough in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I know this is a separate universe from the New 52, or DCAMU, but this scene provided a somewhat interesting introduction to an animated Superman that is kind of adopted from the New 52, but seeing it as an animated version was interesting. Kind of Disappointed that Justice League War didn't include the Flash bit, but here it is:

lol. Love that scene. Like Francisco said, realest Superman Vs Batman fight ever.

Anyone got scans of New 52 Lara in action? That woman was a bona-fide badass. Guess that's where Kal-El got it from, and guess he also inherited his dad's taste in fierce warrior women. lol

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caelestial5595 View Post
    Well said. I've always hated the idea that Superman of all people can jump off the slope so easily as often implied (I'm looking at you, Injustice and Dawn of Justice): Sent away for his own survival by parents who clearly loved him and had very noble intentions, and raised on Earth by the best possible parents in all comicbookdom, and apparently he can go mad with grief and rage at the loss of one woman. Way to completely miss the point of Superman, DC (I want a storyline where Batman goes evil for once and Superman stays the paragon, just to even things out. lol). So glad New 52 never went down that route.

That whole "needing to be humanized" etc etc reasoning doesn't hold water. He was raised by the Kents on Earth, that's all the humanization he needs right there.

The Baka arc is ample testimony to that. "New 52 Superman was too grim and more of a Kryptonian Batman"... yeah right. Guess some folks had already formed their opinions back in 2011 and no amount of heartfelt writing was ever going to sway them. The self sabotage by editorial didn't help matters in the slightest.

As much as I treasure that scene with Baka, and by extension everything Pak did in Action, Morrison's Action Comics 13 (the Krypto reunion) had me tear up. Which absolutely never happens. So kudos to Morrison for that. The Molly Fisch extras in Morrison's initial run also spoke to my heart, like the scene where Clark accidentally ends up in his past during the Vndctvx storyline and speaks to Pa. Very poignant all around, with Clark unable to tell him they're dead in the present, Pa's stoic understanding and wisdom, and his encouragement. "Because Kents aren't quitters" indeed. I wish I had scans of that scene. Simply beautiful.

Thanks for posting that scene at Mt. Etna, H. I cheer every time I see Clark earn Hephaestus' grudging respect and take Apollo down a peg. lol. Heck, that first six issue arc of Charles Soule's will be my favorite mini arc in any comic for quite a while to come.
    The biggest humanization any character can get is no easy wish-fulfillment. If some character with so much power yet cannot have it all, that humanizes and humbles the character more than anything else.

Superbeard.

I thought the let em look moment was a good maturing moment for new 52 Clark...he's more comfortable and confident about his personal relationship and not too worried about needing to hide.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

@hellacre

Seeing all these panels at once make me miss him even more.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

Superman, man of the people. I'd love to read more about those early days full of reckless and righteous rebellion against the system that tramples the little guy. And I love the idea that although he matured in time he'd never forgot about sticking it to the man in a more intelligent way.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    @hellacre

I know. Me too.

Gotta give Tomasi props for this. Our Clark honors BOTH sets of parents and heritage.

I hope Kara takes care of Krypto. I don't want him going to Jon Kent or White or Smith or whatever his name is tbh. Sorry. New 52 Kal is HIS boy and this Kara is his blood.
    Last edited by hellacre; 06-15-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    @hellacre

Witnessing the hamfisted new direction alone does that for me even without the visual reminders.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I just loved this scene. New 52 Clark losing his parents younger works and adds the right amount of pathos. It makes his idealism and optimism even more admirable he doesn't become someone defined by tragedy. New 52 SM doesn't have it all on a platter like pre new 52 I feel and he still rises above the obstacles.

A montage of moments in video form.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 06-15-2016 at 09:09 AM.

Another montage of moments in video form.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 06-15-2016 at 09:09 AM.