Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Witnessing the hamfisted new direction alone does that for me even without the visual reminders.
    Superman has been a character on a roller coaster for years, though real-life tragedy and stress over something good coming up probably only compounded a lot of how I feel, so I am just going to call it a break for a while.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I just loved this scene. New 52 Clark losing his parents younger works and adds the right amount of pathos. It makes his idealism and optimism even more admirable he doesn't become someone defined by tragedy. New 52 SM doesn't have it all on a platter like pre new 52 I feel and he still rises above the obstacles.

I know that the promise to Jonathan was nothing new, but seeing it done with higher quality artwork was nice to see.

Sholly Fisch did do good stuff.

Another defining character moment for new 52 SM. The guy doesn't hide or give up.

Stopping a bullet from Eros was a great moment too.

Last edited by hellacre; 06-15-2016 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Superman has been a character on a roller coaster for years, though real-life tragedy and stress over something good coming up probably only compounded a lot of how I feel, so I am just going to call it a break for a while.
    Sorry to hear about RL tough times. I definitely understand taking a break when there's more important stuff to worry about and one finds themselves getting too worked up over the stuff that doesn't matter as much.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

What a delightful thread. There's more great moments here than I probably gave the era credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I particularly loved the "torture" scene. Because you could tell Superman just found it all HILARIOUS.
    Yeah that was so good. I was laughing along with Clark at this:

Was nice he got some moments to just have fun too.

For the record if you guys are interested, Superman is indeed in Justice League #51, despite being disrespected by having his face blacked out on the cover.

Of course while he is the last member to actually meet Dick, he is still the very first to formally introduce himself and offer a handshake. He can't come back soon enough.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by WillieMorgan View Post
    What a delightful thread. There's more great moments here than I probably gave the era credit for.

Yeah that was so good. I was laughing along with Clark at this:

What's funny is how Lex Luthor looks like bald Kevin Spacey in the center-right panel.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    I know this is a separate universe from the New 52, or DCAMU, but this scene provided a somewhat interesting introduction to an animated Superman that is kind of adopted from the New 52, but seeing it as an animated version was interesting. Kind of Disappointed that Justice League War didn't include the Flash bit, but here it is:

Yeah, the animated movie should have included the flash part. But still, this fight scene made me chuckle. Well, Superman kicked Green Lantern and Batman's asses, and youtube got the video.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

Was nice he got some moments to just have fun too.

They should call him "Captain Handsome" in that second page lol
    I really liked that issue with him and Diana dancing. It was really well done. That's exactly how you humanize 2 icons. They don't think about acting "human" they just act like humans because it feels right because it is an aspect of their personality.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

If it's any good news...Clark appears one last time in JL 51.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Witnessing the hamfisted new direction alone does that for me even without the visual reminders.
    The "old" new direction makes me sad. The way Kal was killed by a double poisoning just to "make room" for the other guy after spending a year in which everything in his life was falling apart... Hope and optimism my @$$.