Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

You know, since DC is shoving Jon down our throat they could at least had made Superman his favorite hero. Looking up to him at the mini saying what would Superman would do. After hearing he is dead, it should have destroyed him and now that he has his powers model himself after him or something. I think that would have been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    You know, since DC is shoving Jon down our throat they could at least had made Superman his favorite hero. Looking up to him at the mini saying what would Superman would do. After hearing he is dead, it should have destroyed him and now that he has his powers model himself after him or something. I think that would have been cool.
    That would have been nice but nope. Kid grew up on this earth apparently.....you'd think it would have been nice to see him idolize new 52 Supes a little. How ironic thinking boy I wished I had powers like Superman. And lo and behold he does. His stuffy Superdad prob had nothing good to say about the new 52 heroes. lol

Did he specify a favorite hero otherwise? Or has he just not said anything about it yet?

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Superman is his favorite superhero. But just like 90% of all 9 year old it's his dad.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    That would have been nice but nope. Kid grew up on this earth apparently.....you'd think it would have been nice to see him idolize new 52 Supes a little. How ironic thinking boy I wished I had powers like Superman. And lo and behold he does. His stuffy Superdad prob had nothing good to say about the new 52 heroes. lol
    This would have been a fantastic dynamic. I think it would have added a little more to Jon's character. It would have been cool for this kid to idolize Superman and then find out that his dad is Superman. Would have been really great, but alas...DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Superman is his favorite superhero. But just like 90% of all 9 year old it's his dad.
    Was that ever stated?

Sometimes Johns got him. Amazo Virus was one of the better JL arcs where Johns did not give Superman the poisoned and or mind controlled treatment.

I miss Clark...so much. He had so much potential. Hope he comes back eventually. But we won't see him until next year or AC 1000.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

I miss Clark...so much. He had so much potential. Hope he comes back eventually. But we won't see him until next year or AC 1000.
    I hope so. If he did come back, that would be among the most insane comic book stories of a character coming back from the dead. I would buy it just out of some crazy curiousity as to how some guy came back to life from being ashes. I kid you not.

It makes it all the more frustrating with certain concepts he more often doesn't get it. Superman and Wonder Woman in particular. There are times when its alright. But most of the time its unabashedly terrible and I wonder why.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    I hope so. If he did come back, that would be among the most insane comic book stories of a character coming back from the dead. I would buy it just out of some crazy curiousity as to how some guy came back to life from being ashes. I kid you not.
    They could actually make it that Clark was just transported somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    It makes it all the more frustrating with certain concepts he more often doesn't get it. Superman and Wonder Woman in particular. There are times when its alright. But most of the time its unabashedly terrible and I wonder why.
    It had good concepts, but poor execution. Look at what I mentioned. Jon's favorite hero being Superman and he becomes Superboy to honor his memory.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Was that ever stated?
    It's pretty obvious that his dad is his hero based off issue 1 of Superman. The look of pride he has on his face while looking at his dad do his work. Or the salute he gives his dad when reports to help clean up.

Edit: Superdad is actually the one who "looks up to" and honors Nuperman. Issue 1 even starts with him thinking about him at his grave and saying Nuperman will be here in spirit. But Jon seems to be Superboy because whats to be like his dad.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 06-15-2016 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lazy writing I think. Whenever they try to push Superman out of the story it feels it's because they don't know how to use him while giving others their time to shine. The he's too powerful bs comes up all the time. It's like Zack Snyder's lame argument why to kill SM and make Bats assemble the League. It'd be easy for Superman...was his argument??? Morrison and Waid's JLA always used the JL well without having to isolate Superman. Marvel juggled all power levels to great effect in their movie verse. I don't know what is DC's problem with SM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that his dad is his hero based off issue 1 of Superman. The look of pride he has on his face while looking at his dad do his work. Or the salute he gives his dad when reports to help clean up.

Edit: Superdad is actually the one who "looks up to" and honors Nuperman. Issue 1 even starts with him thinking about him at his grave and saying Nuperman will be here in spirit. But Jon seems to be Superboy because whats to be like his dad.
    That was kinda backwards writing though. Tomasi is the one who made pre new 52 honor our new 52 Clark because Tomasi at least seems to respect new 52 contribution because he wrote the guy and had investment in him for near on 2 years. Unlike some others who act as if new 52 Clark is some aberration. In Superdad's debut series under Jurgens...did we see any of that admiration? If not then it is just Tomasi being fair to the character of new 52 Clark. But it's good he did, even if belatedly.

Anyway back to honoring new 52 Superman as what this thread is about.
    Last edited by hellacre; 06-15-2016 at 02:39 PM.