Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

IDK, but I have to say this again and try not to laugh, this version of Superman kicked some dude in the nuts to win a fight, and the way this panel was done with the thought dialogue of "It's a whole new world", whether intentional or not, made me laugh. I know some people consider this panel an abomination, but I would say that it's kind of like Chuck Norris in the action movies doing something similar: fighting to win.

Batman-Superman-021-2.jpg

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    IDK, but I have to say this again and try not to laugh, this version of Superman kicked some dude in the nuts to win a fight, and the way this panel was done with the thought dialogue of "It's a whole new world", whether intentional or not, made me laugh. I know some people consider this panel an abomination, but I would say that it's kind of like Chuck Norris in the action movies doing something similar: fighting to win.

In the context of what was going on at the time, I had no problem at all with this scene.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

That last scene with the ma and pa of Earth 2 I've always found heartbreaking.

What I wouldn't give to have Greg Pak still writing one of the Super books. I'm confident he would be still doing great comics even with the current set up.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    In the context of what was going on at the time, I had no problem at all with this scene.
    Neither did I, but I guess like the JL hamster moment, which was most likely intentional, this one actually made me laugh a little bit, and it was probably unintentional based on the thought "monologue" in his head. It did raise an uproar on comic vine, where there was an argument over whether or not Superman would fight that way.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    idk, but i have to say this again and try not to laugh, this version of superman kicked some dude in the nuts to win a fight, and the way this panel was done with the thought dialogue of "it's a whole new world", whether intentional or not, made me laugh. I know some people consider this panel an abomination, but i would say that it's kind of like chuck norris in the action movies doing something similar: Fighting to win.

no problem.. Is funny.. As in batman beyond..

terrker.jpg

Terry did the same with the joker.

Superman-Action-Comics-42.jpg

640.jpg

There were many but these moments stand out the most for me. The golden age Superman is The Superman to me. Morrison's and Pak's characterization stands as the best voice for Superman in my opinion. During the conflict with the police, he actually made a choice. That shocked me in a good way. That whole moment had me choking up, but the two pictures posted were the ones I was most proud. To me you rarely see Superman dealing with issues like this. He didn't seem like some distant god flying over head battling galactic threats we never see, but an honest and good man who wants justice for those who seem forgotten. For those who don't have a voice or feel like their voice isn't heard at all. It stands as a reminder as to why he was created in the thirties and why he's needed now for those who feel the moral arc isn't bending towards justice.
    Last edited by 13th Superman; 06-18-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Superman-Action-Comics-42.jpg

640.jpg

There were many but these moments stand out the most for me. The golden age Superman is The Superman to me. Morrison's and Pak's characterization stands as the best voice for Superman in my opinion. During the conflict with the police, he actually made a choice. That shocked me in a good way. That whole moment had me choking up, but the two pictures posted were the ones I was most proud. To me you rarely see Superman dealing with issues like this. He didn't seem like some distant god flying over head battling galactic threats we never see, but an honest and good man who wants justice for those who seem forgotten. For those who don't have a voice or feel like their voice isn't heard at all. It stands as a reminder as to why he was created in the thirties and why he's needed now for those who feel the moral arc isn't bending towards justice.
    Given the parallels between our current cultural climate and that of the 30's, Im rather surprised DC hasn't tried harder to make the social crusader aspect of Superman a bigger focus. Morrison's opening arc proved popular enough DC kept going back to that visual and a similar portrayal over and over again. That Future's End look, with the t-shirt and beard is one of my absolute favorite redesigns for Superman ever. Just total badassery all around.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Given the parallels between our current cultural climate and that of the 30's, Im rather surprised DC hasn't tried harder to make the social crusader aspect of Superman a bigger focus. Morrison's opening arc proved popular enough DC kept going back to that visual and a similar portrayal over and over again. That Future's End look, with the t-shirt and beard is one of my absolute favorite redesigns for Superman ever. Just total badassery all around.
    In conjuction with the typical Superman suit, I wish they do it Iron Man-style. Kinda. Superman starts off his story with the shirt and jeans and switches into his costume if **** goes down hard. Of he wears if he does something in space.
    Probably should do away with the armor lines/seams. Add more red. Don't know about the hair. Keep it normal or like in Truth. I vote keeping it normal.
    Mountain Man Superman.
    But not too thick. Don't rightly know what to call the type of beard style Supes was rockin'.
    I see New-52 Superman singing along with a band playing Solidarity Forever. Worker's folk songs and such.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    In conjuction with the typical Superman suit, I wish they do it Iron Man-style. Kinda. Superman starts off his story with the shirt and jeans and switches into his costume if **** goes down hard. Of he wears if he does something in space.
    Probably should do away with the armor lines/seams. Add more red. Don't know about the hair. Keep it normal or like in Truth. I vote keeping it normal.
    Mountain Man Superman.
    But not too thick. Don't rightly know what to call the type of beard style Supes was rockin'.
    I see New-52 Superman singing along with a band playing Solidarity Forever. Worker's folk songs and such.
    For a while Morrison had Clark wearing the t-shirt and jeans when he was just going about his super-business, and switching to the armor when he hung out with the League or was preparing for a hard day. I wouldn't mind a little more variety in his costume either; if nothing else it might get people accustomed to seeing him in something other than the classic costume and lessen some of the complaints anytime someone makes a minor adjustment to his look.

And Clark is absolutely a John Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen kinda guy. Classic Rock with a healthy dose of the blues and a small dash of country.

And his favorite Metallica album is Justice For All (according to an old Superboy issue). Which shows he's got a wider range than just classic rock and the Blues Brothers.

I could see him appreciating a lot of Tupac's more social-conscious stuff too. Brenda's Got A Baby, How Long Will They Mourn Me, Dear Mama......I dont care if you hate rap or not, those songs will make you cry.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Lol Amen to that! I remember seeing that image the first time and just could not believe how amazing he looked. He had this folk hero-like Paul Bunyan look. He doesn't need a fancy costume. The "S" on his chest and his actions say plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Thanks for posting the image! Sheer awesomeness!

For a while Morrison had Clark wearing the t-shirt and jeans when he was just going about his super-business, and switching to the armor when he hung out with the League or was preparing for a hard day. I wouldn't mind a little more variety in his costume either; if nothing else it might get people accustomed to seeing him in something other than the classic costume and lessen some of the complaints anytime someone makes a minor adjustment to his look.

And Clark is absolutely a John Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen kinda guy. Classic Rock with a healthy dose of the blues and a small dash of country.

And his favorite Metallica album is Justice For All (according to an old Superboy issue). Which shows he's got a wider range than just classic rock and the Blues Brothers.

I could see him appreciating a lot of Tupac's more social-conscious stuff too. Brenda's Got A Baby, How Long Will They Mourn Me, Dear Mama......I dont care if you hate rap or not, those songs will make you cry.
    Funny, that's exactly what I thought his musical tastes were. Very blue collar but ranges the gamut through genres and social commentary in particular. Wish they were able to delve more into that as it makes Clark more three dimensional and accessible.

I like the idea as well New 52 Superman's cape is indestructible and his grandfather's. When our Kal died his cape was left behind. Where is it btw?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I like the idea as well New 52 Superman's cape is indestructible and his grandfather's. When our Kal died his cape was left behind. Where is it btw?
    Currently Lex Luthor wears it. When Kal died, the Daily Planet took the cape: http://comicsalliance.com/justice-league-52-preview/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 06-19-2016 at 12:46 PM.