Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pacific Rim 2

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Let's face it..the acting in the first movie was..well, it was what it was. We have to be honest though..nobody is seeing this movie for the great acting..they are seeing it for the giant robot vs giant monster fights.
    Well, I didn't think the acting was the worst, it did what it needed to. Not much to write home about, but some noteworthy moments, like the bit going back to Rinko Kikuchis' characters' traumatic past, or one last ride early on.

Or, a last goodbye between family late on. Maybe not necessarily acting, but it didn't ruin the moments for me.

And yeah, I saw the first film for Giant Robots Vs Giant Monsters, but I'll be seeing the sequel for an expanded universe, or world tales continued.
    Last edited by Crimson Knight; 07-01-2014 at 12:28 PM.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

I knew about the sequel announcement, but didn't hear about an animated series until this post. Very cool. Curious if the series will be more computer animated or more traditional?

As far as what they could do in the sequel that picks up after the first movie, I've heard everything from cyber-type hybrids, via either Jaegers adding in Kaiju parts or the Kaiju adapting Jaeger tech into the new monsters, and/or Jaegers gaining the ability to combine Voltron style.

Quote Originally Posted by The New Black View Post
    I knew about the sequel announcement, but didn't hear about an animated series until this post. Very cool. Curious if the series will be more computer animated or more traditional?

As far as what they could do in the sequel that picks up after the first movie, I've heard everything from cyber-type hybrids, via either Jaegers adding in Kaiju parts or the Kaiju adapting Jaeger tech into the new monsters, and/or Jaegers gaining the ability to combine Voltron style.
    Adding to my list of wants from the franchise, I now have added combining Jaegers to that list. That's an awesome idea.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-01-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    Well, I didn't think the acting was the worst, it did what it needed to. Not much to write home about, but some noteworthy moments, like the bit going back to Rinko Kikuchis' characters' traumatic past, or one last ride early on.

Or, a last goodbye between family late on. Maybe not necessarily acting, but it didn't ruin the moments for me.

And yeah, I saw the first film for Giant robots Vs Giant Monsters, but I'll be seeing the sequel for an expanded universe, or world tales continued.
    Id say the acting was decent considering most of the cast are primarily TV actors

I really liked the characters. They were all fun. They felt like live-action cartoon characters from the kind of cartoons that inspired the movie. Charlie Hunnam walks like a cowboy, and thus Gipsy walks the same way!