Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Batman -- The Telltale Game" Reveals Cast, First Screenshots

Ahead of E3, Telltale Games has announced the cast and debuted new images for the episodic game.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Ok, to all the foos who have moaned for years about Telltale Games not being graphically decent enough...

Also OMG CARMINE FALCONE AND LT GORDON AND HARVEY DENT AND SELINA KYLE? Totally doing Year One stuff, which is awesome. And Troy Baker is a great actor - he was fantastic as Two Face and Joker in the Arkham games - so I know he'll be a great Batman! And that Batmobile design is great too! Bruce looks as awesome as Batman as well.

EDIT: In fact Troy already plays Batman in the LEGO games and has a GREAT voice as Batman, so we are fine. If you haven't heard it before here's a taste.

Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 06-12-2016 at 09:01 AM.

The Man Without Fear. Batman#22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Ok, to all the foos who have moaned for years about Telltale Games not being graphically decent enough...

Also OMG CARMINE FALCONE AND LT GORDON AND HARVEY DENT AND SELINA KYLE? Totally doing Year One stuff, which is awesome. And Troy Baker is a great actor - he was fantastic as Two Face and Joker in the Arkham games - so I know he'll be a great Batman! And that Batmobile design is great too! Bruce looks as awesome as Batman as well.
    LOL CUTTEST BABY EVER!!!

Back on topic, I wish I could say I'm excited but I'm not. After being spoiled with Batman: Arkham series, I don't think this game will even hold a candle to it. Especially considering how this game might be the same as The Walking Dead, which if true, does not sound like a good Batman game. Still, I'll give this a shot.
    I plan on dying tonight!!!
    (Punches himself in the nose and cause bleeding)
    ... how about you?

Yay, Catwoman! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Batman#22 View Post
    LOL CUTTEST BABY EVER!!!

Back on topic, I wish I could say I'm excited but I'm not. After being spoiled with Batman: Arkham series, I don't think this game will even hold a candle to it. Especially considering how this game might be the same as The Walking Dead, which if true, does not sound like a good Batman game. Still, I'll give this a shot.
    I think it's likely that they'll stick to the core Telltale formula where dialogue and choices are key, whist more action oriented gameplay is les significant. I know that can rub some the wrong way, and the Arkham games are indeed a great series, but I do the idea that this can be different from that. Plus the focus is apparently on the dual identities of Bruce and Batman and balancing them, and also - and this excites me most - playing to the 'Greatest Detective' vibe where Bruce will be required to solve crimes using his analysing skills and deductive work... and actually getting to USE the Batcomputer!

Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    Me too! Not sure if I've heard Laura Bailley before in games or not, and I loved Grey DeLisle's take on her in the Arkham games, but I'm sure she'll do a great job.

Huh, I was thinking they were probably going to go with a more classic full on cloth type of batsuit, rather than a more modern armored looking one.

Somehow, I had a feeling Laura Bailey would be playing Catwoman if she was in the cast for this game .

It's going to be interesting hearing Troy Baker play Batman in a serious context after he's been Lego Batman for all these years. I'm sure he'll do a great job .

Travis Willingham as Harvey Dent? That should be interesting. I'm definitely curious to see how he handles Two-Face once that happens.

The graphics look pretty good, though I want a trailer to see it in motion, and the Batsuit looks solid (not sure about the ears though). Also liking the design of the Batmobile .

But yeah, definitely a Year One feel with Gordon as lieutenant, Carmine Falcone being a major villain, and with some Long Halloween/Dark Victory elements like Harvey and Catwoman playing big roles. Though I'm sure Vicki won't be a shoplifter here.

I wonder if you can romance Vicki as Bruce and Selina as Batman? That might be interesting.

BANNED

Me too! Not sure if I've heard Laura Bailley before in games or not, and I loved Grey DeLisle's take on her in the Arkham games, but I'm sure she'll do a great job.
    Two Words: Sonic Rush. It was a Sega DS game made for Sonic Fans, Bailey voiced Blaze the Cat.

My opinion is on a Wait and See with this casting and what's the game is shaping up to be Batman's early years.

Anything which has elements of the best bits of Year One and Long Halloween/Dark Victory is a win in my book. My feeling is we'll have a core story going across all five episodes, but we'll also have threats of various super criminals in single episodes too. I think given the Riddler was mentioned a while back that a solid brain teasing episode where you pit your wits against Nigma would be fantastic.

Incredible Member

I think it's likely that they'll stick to the core Telltale formula where dialogue and choices are key, whist more action oriented gameplay is les significant. I know that can rub some the wrong way, and the Arkham games are indeed a great series, but I do the idea that this can be different from that. Plus the focus is apparently on the dual identities of Bruce and Batman and balancing them, and also - and this excites me most - playing to the 'Greatest Detective' vibe where Bruce will be required to solve crimes using his analysing skills and deductive work... and actually getting to USE the Batcomputer!

Modern Telltale games have the following elements:
    • Story-focused - mostly written well enough, occasionally outstandingly so
    • Lots of overhyped (mostly dialogue) choices that more often than not don't even result in a different flavor, let alone actual consequences
    • Quick-time events of fluctuating difficulty and lethality
    • Auto-save-only - and they often aren't placed all that comfortably, to boot
    • Small, independent set pieces you can't walk/do much in/between
    • Little to no puzzles of any kind (after The Walking Dead S1)

That The Wolf Among Us had detective work is pretty much the only reason I'm cautiously optimistic about their Batman game.

And if they manage to pull off choosing between approaching a problem as Batman or Bruce Wayne, I'll actually be impressed.

Anyway, BatCat! Yay! ♥ And the rest of the cast and characters I am happy about as well. (And while I know we won't get Robin in Season One, I do hope for Dick in Season Two.)
    Death's Head, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, House of X, Powers of X.
    Ascender, DIE, Saga, The Wicked + The Divine.
    Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman Beyond, Catwoman, Lois Lane, Naomi, Young Justice.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I assume this means other Bat family members other than Richard and maybe Barbara won't cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    Yes, glad they went with Catwoman in the promo rather than the way over used Joker.

Spectacular Member reptarcereal's Avatar

Wasn't expecting Selina in this game but so glad she's in it. The art style looks great, too.

Wow1

I agree they don't make good games. It usually ends up in the same place no matter the choices and there's very little real input. But, thry have great writers and I am interested to see them flex some muscle. They can't kill anyone in DC.

Good points made. But, they gave great writers. I bought the walling dead and hated it, but loved the story.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-12-2016 at 05:48 PM.