Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nose norton View Post
    ASM #243 to be precise.
    Aah, thanks for the info! Just goes to show Spider-Man has been an adult for a loooong time...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    Aah, thanks for the info! Just goes to show Spider-Man has been an adult for a loooong time...
    He married around 24 of age, some 30 years ago, he's still in his "late 20's"!

More. Elektra.

BANNED

Married? To whom? I don't know about no marriage... To be honest, Man-Child Parker is one of the most irritating characters around, in my opinion at least. How I long for the old Spider-Man. Sigh...

BANNED

Married? To whom? I don't know about no marriage... To be honest, Man-Child Parker is one of the most irritating characters around, in my opinion at least. How I long for the old Spider-Man. Sigh...
    Preaching to the choir, man.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Hahaha

I've said it for years, Marvel treats Peter Parker like he's Peter Pan. He's the boy who can never grow up.

Something I would change at Marvel, would give them a more robust DTV animation department. DC does great with their DTV animated films. Marvel used to do them, but stopped.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-15-2016 at 02:56 AM.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

That's what most people think, but Peter was out of High School and joined college in issue 31. Then he stayed there for a while, but around issue 250-300, he was out of there as well. "Classic" Spider-Man being in High School is a common misconception due to the cartoons and the movies, but for most of his career, he was a young adult, not a teenager. So, yeah, I've got no interest in "Spider-Teen". A traditional Spider-Man book is considered, by most anyway, to be set in NY, featuring an adult Peter, having some problems but not acting like a man-child, taking on brightly costumed super-villains and being an average joe. And in the last few years, we've gotten everything but that.
    Even the classic toons had him as a college student. It's only been in the past decade or so that there's been a push for him to be portrayed as a teen again.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 06-15-2016 at 05:21 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Astonishing Member

Honestly? Just replace Slott and give TASM to someone else. Or just launch a more traditional Spider-Man book. it can be Ben, Kaine, Ock, i don't care, I love all 3, I just want a traditional Spider-Book. And before some says it, Miles doesn't count in my book, cause it's a teen book, and I don't want that. I want an adult Spider-Man, dealing with Spider-Man villains, adult responsibillities and the like. Spider-Man hasn't been a teen for years so no, for me at least, Miles doesn't count as a "traditional" Spider-Book. Not a knock at him or anything, but like with Web-Warriors, the Spider-Line is filled with lots of strange and fringe books, while not delivering even one "classic" Spider-Man book. So, yeah, that's it... But, apart from that, the price point needs to be lowered, and the season model should just stop already.
    I like. Yost please.

Honestly? Just replace Slott and give TASM to someone else. Or just launch a more traditional Spider-Man book. it can be Ben, Kaine, Ock, i don't care, I love all 3, I just want a traditional Spider-Book. And before some says it, Miles doesn't count in my book, cause it's a teen book, and I don't want that. I want an adult Spider-Man, dealing with Spider-Man villains, adult responsibillities and the like. Spider-Man hasn't been a teen for years so no, for me at least, Miles doesn't count as a "traditional" Spider-Book. Not a knock at him or anything, but like with Web-Warriors, the Spider-Line is filled with lots of strange and fringe books, while not delivering even one "classic" Spider-Man book. So, yeah, that's it... But, apart from that, the price point needs to be lowered, and the season model should just stop already.
    Have you tried Spider-man 2099 ?
    the current volume fill that role for some people I know.

BANNED

What marriage you talkin' about fool? Parker's true soulmate is Carlie. Cooper x Parker 4 EVA!

Preaching to the choir, man.
    I know, I know...

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Hahaha

I've said it for years, Marvel treats Peter Parker like he's Peter Pan. He's the boy who can never grow up.
    That's... the best analogy for current Parker...

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Even the classic toons had him as a college student. It's only been in the past decade or so that there's been a push for him to be portrayed as a teen again.
    Yup. Post Spectacular and the like, Parker is cemented as a High School Boy in most people's minds, and it seems in Marvel's as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I like. Yost please.
    I wouldn't say no to that...

Quote Originally Posted by ian0delond View Post
    Have you tried Spider-man 2099 ?
    the current volume fill that role for some people I know.
    I bought all of the Pre-ANAD Vol, and I did try the ANAD one, but the double shipping turned me off. Plus, the whole "attack on religion" bit got old fast. Miguel would go "Oh my god-Oh wait, I don't believe in god" and "God's not real, it's just lies" in every issue or so. I have no problem with this aspect of his character, but it got a bit too tasteless for me. In truth, I really dislike this whole "all scientists are atheists" cliche in comics, books, movies and the like. In certain writers' hands, they become more like caricatures rather than actual characters. Just my opinion, but it turned me off.