Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

We're talking original Wally here right?

I'd love to see Wally get a solo. it would be called the Flash and Bill Messner-Loebs would be writing it.
    Hey if Geoff Johns can reset the Flash universe to how he liked it best why can't I wish to do the same?

⚡ The Scarlet Poster ⚡ Flash Fan #1's Avatar

I'd be all for it. The fact that there's only been one Flash solo book for a long time is just wrong.

With how good the show is (own season 1 on Blu Ray, gonna get season two when it drops), the character's popularity is supposed to be way more up than it is.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Well, here's the thing:

- Wally sustained a monthly, as Flash, for over 20 years.
    - During a big chunk of that time, his book was also one of the best selling books. To the point where it's cancelling had nothing to do with sales.
    - Again, during Wally's tenure, the Flash franchise was capable to sustain it's only spin off title in a 75 year history.
    - Of all the characters missing, Wally was THE single most requested one. It got to a point so ridiculous that when the time came for "fixing" the DC Universe, the only way they could go about it was bringing him back with a "sorry we screwed up" note attached.

So, yeah, Wally could sustain a book; no doubt about that. Maybe DC doesn't want to give him one, and that's fine. Bur he is marketable as hell.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally's already in two titles (Titans, Flash), one of which DC is giving a major push towards, and is a fan-favorite character who was central to the successful Rebirth special and carried his own succcesful and highly-regarded solo book.

If DC ever feels confident that the Flash franchise can sustain a satellite title or spinoff, a Wally solo or a book more focused on him would be the most logical choice.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Well, here's the thing:

- During a big chunk of that time, his book was also one of the best selling books. To the point where it's cancelling had nothing to do with sales.
    - Again, during Wally's tenure, the Flash franchise was capable to sustain it's only spin off title in a 75 year history.
    - Of all the characters missing, Wally was THE single most requested one. It got to a point so ridiculous that when the time came for "fixing" the DC Universe, the only way they could go about it was bringing him back with a "sorry we screwed up" note attached.

So, yeah, Wally could sustain a book; no doubt about that. Maybe DC doesn't want to give him one, and that's fine. Bur he is marketable as hell.

100% the truth

BANNED

Howabout the Flash historians here make a list of things that make wally unique,unlike barry,nu wally,or any other speedster.i want a wally book,even though i cant wait to read Titans also.if dick can have a series,wally can,and wally DESERVES it.

Astonishing Member

If people want this to happen, they need to buy THE FLASH and TITANS.

Strong selling titles are more likely to get spinoffs.

The 1940s had FLASH COMICS and ALL-FLASH.

Retired

Three things need to happen: Wally needs to take a new first name, to disitnguish himself from the other Wally West--could be a nick name. He needs a new code name distinct from the Flash. And he should have a new power set. Could still be speed related, but this power would allow him to do things different from what the other speedsters do.

I think if they give him an original power--with a costume and codename to match--that would set the path for a new ongoing series.

Wally doesn't need to take a new name, we've been through this. Besides not having "Flash" in the title wouldn't sell it to people.

He just needs a solid creative team (not having Booth as an artist would help), that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Three things need to happen: Wally needs to take a new first name, to disitnguish himself from the other Wally West--could be a nick name. He needs a new code name distinct from the Flash. And he should have a new power set. Could still be speed related, but this power would allow him to do things different from what the other speedsters do.

I think if they give him an original power--with a costume and codename to match--that would set the path for a new ongoing series.
    Dan Didio is that you?
    Now reading: The Flash (vol. 2) 35-62

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

That is exactly what doesn't need to happen.

What? No, did you just miss the celebrations of getting him back and that they didn't revert him to Kid Flash? What in the world makes you think pissing off his fanbase by implementing even one of your suggestions is a good idea for maintaining sales for a solo.

BANNED

I personally think Wally West should have another nickname. DC is obviously trying to push Barry Allen as The definitive Flash and he deserves it, there's nothing wrong with that. I just think Wally calling himself The Flash as well conflicts with that. And no, I'm not being a hater.

Well, here's the thing:

The market changes. Times are different, Wally is not the only Flash anymore, and for the past 5 years he has been out of sight and out of circulation. Ya his fans got loud, but you can't expect Wally to perform as he did in his hey day. Thats just unrealistic and naive. DC needs to put Wally in positions to succeed, and take things one step out a time. They need to reintroduce him into their universe, rebuild his status, and find new ways to make him appeal to old and new audiences alike. Asking too much too fast isn't gonna help Wally or DC.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-13-2016 at 07:42 PM.

BANNED

Wally is awesome,and he is a instant HUGE dc star again,the skys the limit with him.