Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'm going to Oxford Comics. Hopefully I will be done with grading by then, so that I can spend the rest of the day reading comics.

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    We're having our third child on Monday, so we are kinda holed up in the house til then. Which sucks, cuz Don Rosa will be at our local shop and damn it would be great to meet him. JG Jones and a few others will be there, too, but Don freaking Rosa, man!

I hope everyone who goes to their local has a great time. Some awesome sales this time of year.
    You've had a child twice before; when are you ever going to get another chance to meet Don Rosa?

(Actually this may not be your last chance -- if you can ever make it to Heroes Con, Dragon*Con or Comic-Con, he attends all those shows regularly. I've met him so many times that I think he recognizes me.)

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Hope everyone has a great time. Not working tomorrow so cannot go, but whenever I order comics this coming week, my shop is kind enough to throw some freebies in.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I am going tomorrow, can't wait! It will be my first time going on the actual day lol. Plus now my store will carry the silver and gold stuff too!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Quote Originally Posted by DonWinslow View Post
    We're having our third child on Monday, so we are kinda holed up in the house til then. Which sucks, cuz Don Rosa will be at our local shop and damn it would be great to meet him. JG Jones and a few others will be there, too, but Don freaking Rosa, man!
    You don't have to take your wife with you, you know. She'll be fine for a couple hours.
    Hope is not lost today. It is found.

While I've gone to my local store a couple times (Dr. No's, in Georgia), I hope to actually show up early enough to get some of the free comics this time. I usually end up showing up so late everythings been picked over.

Besides, I've not had a chance to visit this week.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Called my friend at my store. Said they weren't doing anything other than the free comics and bringing in local artists apparently. They say they have huge turnouts so no sales seems like a wasted opportunity. They must get people to buy a lot at regular prices. Idk.

I'm going but I wish they'd have some sales.

I'm going tomorrow to my very first FCBD ever since it's inception, I recently just got back into comics. Excited to see how everything goes.

Going to try and sneak out of the house early tomorrow to visit the two main Comic Stores in my area.

I am taking my daughter to get comics at a shop that I think won't be packed. I say that because I have never, ever seen a customer there but Incalled ahead just to make sure they were doing FCBD.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Just got back from town.

Forbidden planet, which is the UKs big chain comicbook shop, was absolutely rammed. Nothing was left (free comic-wise) and I heard people were queuing out the door in the morning. People were manically scrambling through boxes of last seasons comics, buying anything with a name they vaguely recognised. It was pretty bad.

But we went to a smaller shop down the road. It was moderately quiet and they had all the free comics still in stock.

I picked up the Marvel one and entropy, which was an independent comic I hadn't heard of but liked the artwork. I wanted to get the Street Fighter one, but didn't see it anywhere. I was also strangely tempted by Worlds of Aspen, another series I hadn't seen before. The cover was kinda girly but the artwork looked awesome. Regret not picking it up now even if it wasn't something that was aimed at me. Anyone else pick these up?

Amazing Member

The only thing I'm specifically hoping to pick up is Ed Piskor's HIP HOP FAMILY TREE book.

BANNED

I'll miss FCBD this year due to both of my vehicles being down and nobody available to take me, so that's kind of a bummer. My lcs usually has huge discounts on everything
    in the store, and they really want to clear out some stuff this year. I know they pulled my copies of the free books, at least, but I'm going to miss the atmosphere at the store
    on FCBD and .25 comics.

I always look forward to Atomic Robo and what ever book Oni puts out.

This year Oni put out Courtney Crumrin which is apparently a long running series. I've never heard of it but it seems like Veronica Mars meets Sabrina the teenage witch.

Just got back from my LCS and the store was rammed packed. Did any of your stores put in a limit of how many titles you can pick up? My store had a limit of 5, whoops. Bummer because there were a lot of series I definitely wanted to try out and add to my pull list. I think my store missed an opportunity to capture so many new customers there to sample all the great comics they have, they didn't even have a sale going on.

Big ups to Archaia for putting out a nice hardcover on FCBD for Mouse Guard, I'm sold and will pick up the series. I also picked up Courtney Crumrin, heard some nice things about this series and will be checking it out. My first FCBD and I thought it was somewhat underwhelming, wasn't much of an event. Some of the other bigger comic shops in the area probably had a better event going with book signings etc but I didn't bother to go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CartooN View Post
    Just got back from town.

Forbidden planet, which is the UKs big chain comicbook shop, was absolutely rammed. Nothing was left (free comic-wise) and I heard people were queuing out the door in the morning. People were manically scrambling through boxes of last seasons comics, buying anything with a name they vaguely recognised. It was pretty bad.

But we went to a smaller shop down the road. It was moderately quiet and they had all the free comics still in stock.

I picked up the Marvel one and entropy, which was an independent comic I hadn't heard of but liked the artwork. I wanted to get the Street Fighter one, but didn't see it anywhere. I was also strangely tempted by Worlds of Aspen, another series I hadn't seen before. The cover was kinda girly but the artwork looked awesome. Regret not picking it up now even if it wasn't something that was aimed at me. Anyone else pick these up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grooodyssey View Post
    Just got back from my LCS and the store was rammed packed. Did any of your stores put in a limit of how many titles you can pick up? My store had a limit of 5, whoops. Bummer because there were a lot of series I definitely wanted to try out and add to my pull list. I think my store missed an opportunity to capture so many new customers there to sample all the great comics they have, they didn't even have a sale going on.

Big ups to Archaia for putting out a nice hardcover on FCBD for Mouse Guard, I'm sold and will pick up the series. I also picked up Courtney Crumrin, heard some nice things about this series and will be checking it out. My first FCBD and I thought it was somewhat underwhelming, wasn't much of an event. Some of the other bigger comic shops in the area probably had a better event going with book signings etc but I didn't bother to go.

Same here. My LCS was packed ..so much so they had Thor Girl helping to direct traffic.