Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

This was actually my first ever FCBD, as I've always been busy doing something else in previous years.

I really enjoyed it. First stop was Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue, where they were handing out bags at the front door with the free comics in. Each bag seemed to have the same comics, at least mine and my boyfriend's did, which is a shame, but it meant there was no queue so it was quick and easy. We had a little browse downstairs and bought a few other comics before heading on to the next stop; Orbital Comics.

I love Orbital, it has great staff and a great vibe, but man was the queue long! Luckily we had some crazy characters dressed up keeping us entertained. After about an hour and an half we finally got to the front of the queue, where we were told each person could have a maximum of 3 comics, and we could choose what we wanted from what they had left. They had run out of about 30-40% of the titles so there was still a lot to choose from.

Next we went over to Gosh! Comics on Berwick Street. They had nothing. I heard from someone who'd gotten there early that they just had all the comics spread out on a big table and it was a massive free for all, with everyone grabbing what they wanted, so everything went within an hour of them opening. Oh well, we bought a couple of things anyway and headed out.

This is my haul. I look forward to next year when I'll be a little better prepared!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Your copy of Mouse Guard was mailed out this morning as well. Hope you enjoy it.
    I got it. Thank you loads! I had no idea it was an anthology..with some Farscape thrown in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Musha_Soturi View Post
    This was actually my first ever FCBD, as I've always been busy doing something else in previous years.

I really enjoyed it. First stop was Forbidden Planet on Shaftesbury Avenue, where they were handing out bags at the front door with the free comics in. Each bag seemed to have the same comics, at least mine and my boyfriend's did, which is a shame, but it meant there was no queue so it was quick and easy. We had a little browse downstairs and bought a few other comics before heading on to the next stop; Orbital Comics.

I love Orbital, it has great staff and a great vibe, but man was the queue long! Luckily we had some crazy characters dressed up keeping us entertained. After about an hour and an half we finally got to the front of the queue, where we were told each person could have a maximum of 3 comics, and we could choose what we wanted from what they had left. They had run out of about 30-40% of the titles so there was still a lot to choose from.

Next we went over to Gosh! Comics on Berwick Street. They had nothing. I heard from someone who'd gotten there early that they just had all the comics spread out on a big table and it was a massive free for all, with everyone grabbing what they wanted, so everything went within an hour of them opening. Oh well, we bought a couple of things anyway and headed out.

This is my haul. I look forward to next year when I'll be a little better prepared!
    Nice haul. I think I hit two Comic shops..one had a 10 book limit the other 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    WHat did you think?
    decent reading, tho a bit heavy on "investment" aspects rather than the "enjoyment" aspects. . . at least it reads that way to me.

sort of like what Wizard morphed into.

but for the most part, well written.

(tho I likely wouldn't have put that "headshot" V-Wars page in a free comic with Spidey on the cover. . seems to be just ASKING for some controversy).

but still. . well written for most.

I might try out another issue.
    A sandwich is a sandwich, but a Manwich is a meal

"Evil people can do some non-evil things, and most of them do. That doesn't mean they aren't evil." -- JeffereyWKramer

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll...yo5eo1_400.gif

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I got it. Thank you loads! I had no idea it was an anthology..with some Farscape thrown in as well.
    Glad you enjoyed it.

And thank you for the Showa History of Japan book. It arrived in the mail today.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Nice haul. I think I hit two Comic shops..one had a 10 book limit the other 5.
    Still want the second one? Lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaBatmanFanGuy View Post
    yeah I do. I am just diggin through some long boxes to find the earlier FCBD books so you can choose what you want in trade.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

I wanted to thanks Deathstroke from this thread, he sent me the boondock saints FCBD! I wanted to thanks him, as well as this thread! It was a great read!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Glad you got the book and enjoyed it.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

VARIOUS FCBD Issues I will trade

Doctor Who Titan comics preview 2014 #1
    Hell Boy Golden Army preview
    Image Future Shock (First Godland, Fear Agent preview)
    Arcana Studio Presents
    Arcana Studio Presents 2006
    Superman/Batman Loeb McGuiness
    Transformers Animated
    Jughead: Archies Pal
    Dark Horse Free Comic Book Day 2009
    MArvel Adventures Spiderman & the fantastic Four 4 2005
    Archie Summer Splash 2010
    Donald Duck 2006
    Runners Remastered #1 2005
    Green Lantern * Young Jutice Super Sampler
    The New DC 52 #1
    Green Lantern Special Edition plus Flash Point Preview
    Star Wars Clone Wars
    Flare Adventures
    Transformers Office Movie Prequel #1
    Superior Showcase
    Fantagraphics Funny Book for Mature Readers
    Transformers Beast Wars : The Gathering

Hell Boy Golden Army preview
    Superman/Batman Loeb
    I want the Superman/Batman. Don't want any of Future's End 0 rocket raccoon or GotG or Spongebob for the Hellboy?

BANNED

I want the Superman/Batman. Don't want any of Future's End 0 rocket raccoon or GotG or Spongebob for the Hellboy?
    how about Superman/batman Fcbd for Mouse-guard and sponge bob for the Hellboy...let me know what you think about that trade?

how about Superman/batman Fcbd for Mouse-guard and sponge bob for the Hellboy...let me know what you think about that trade?
    Sure whats the New DC 52 one?