Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Default Golden Age Guts (Berserk) vs Houken (Kingdom)

Guts during the battle Doldrey takes on one of the Three Great Heavens of Zhao.

Who wins?

Ugh....

Not seeing Guts winning this one. He's a great warrior, and if we give the Hundred-Man-Killer a healthy body, I can see Guts lasting a long time, but Houken is closer to Zodd (human-form) than Guts at that point. Guts is also a bit short of that Zen he reached when he beat Griffith. Give him a repaired sword as well, and Houken will know he was in a fight, but I still Houken taking the majority. I guess one way to put it is that I can see Guts matching what Kyou Kai and Shin did together, but not doing significantly better than that.

Somewhere around 2-4 out of 10 for Guts. Most of those wins come from Houken's weapon breaking and Guts tearing Houken apart at that point. Though that does bring up the fact that I am pretty certain there is a weapon technology gap.... Houken might not be able to do the weapon clashes Kingdom favors since we are probably talking about a bronze weapon hitting a steel sword meant to smash things.

I do see Guts consistently winning if you take him from later in life, even if given the Doldrey equpiment and body. By the time the Black Swordsman mellowed out, Guts would be at the point where evaluating Houken's strengths, identifying Houken's weaknesses, and choosing the best way to fight him would be second nature. This would lead to a longer distance battle, much more weapon clashes, and Houken's weapon breaking much earlier.
    ---

Sincerely,

Melchior, the Geddon Knight

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I agree with Melchior.

Houken is a bit beyond Guts at this point in his career. Pretty certain he's more than a bit faster given how he treats arrows and thrown spears.

Yeah the crazy thing Houken does where he stands in the middle of an army and they throw every projectile they have at him and he just deflects everything puts him comfortably above anything Guts did at that point.

Also Guts doesn't have (sigh) GREAT GENERAL SPIRIT so Houken won't inexplicably job.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Also Guts doesn't have (sigh) GREAT GENERAL SPIRIT so Houken won't inexplicably job.
    This is arguably the most unfair yet completely accurate thing you've ever said.