Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    Defending a topic in a discussion is great when done in a reasonable and moderate manner. At the very least when one is willing to respect and understand that not everyone will agree. Instead it's the opposite. I had a poster point out that I had no problems with Sabertooth inversion some yet I'm bothered with Iceman retcon. My response was "so what". I can't like a retcon more than the other. I have to like all ice cream flavors equally. I can't like certain flavors more than others. Again that's news to me. Where is it written in tablets that God gave to Moses that humans must like all retcons equally.

You have the right to your opinion, but your opinion on these matters is obviously uninformed.
    Sabretooth being inverted is not a retcon. Once again, you're showing that you just don't know what you're talking about. That's what I'm calling you out for. You're being very vocal and defensive of topics you know very little about and you're unwilling to learn and listen to others even when they're being patient (I explained several times before finally giving up), and you're playing the victim card all the while (I didn't call you homophobic, ever).

Edit :I know it's useless but I'm going to explain the Sabretooth inversion thing anyways :
    Sabretooth being inverted is a really cheap, badly written plot point to make him out completely out of character. Thankfully they at least didn't make him amnesiac over that (and thankfully, Bunn is doing really good with that plot).
    Several arguments against Iceman coming out (besides the fact that it is a retcon and one dislike retcons for some reason) were : the way it was done, the way it was written, that it's out of character. I find hypocritical to claim to dislike the coming out and to like the inversion.
    Last edited by Nicoclaws; 06-19-2016 at 02:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    You have the right to your opinion, but your opinion on these matters is obviously uninformed.
    Sabretooth being inverted is not a retcon. Once again, you're showing that you just don't know what you're talking about. That's what I'm calling you out for. You're being very vocal and defensive of topics you know very little about and you're unwilling to learn and listen to others even when they're being patient (I explained several times before finally giving up), and you're playing the victim card all the while (I didn't call you homophobic, ever).
    I made a mistake calling Sabertooh inversion a retcon. We at least that it's a badly written plot device. I can admit I'm wrong.

It always makes me laugh when people say that one has a right to their opinion. Yet at the same time also say that person opinion is uniformed. Simply because my opinion goes against theirs. Beyond being hypocritical your really not respecting that person opinion as far as I'm concerned. I listened to your explanations. I simply disagree with what you told. So far no concrete real proof has been shown that the character was always been gay. It's all very circumstantial and that's being kind imo. Somehow adding the word retroactive in front of retcon suddenly somehow no longer makes it a retcon. Or a writer saying "the character always was gay" also suddenly no longer makes it a retcon. It's not playing the victim card. While I have no been targeted directly. Posters have been coming here. Defending the retcon by saying those who disagree with the retcon.

-Lack basic reading comprehension
    -a poster disagrees with them that talking with them is "useless", "uninformed" "wrong" while kind of implying that person is a bad person for not agreeing 1000% that it's a retcon

A blanket insult or attack without targeting anyone person. Is still a insult or attack imo.

a perfect example

I know it's useless but I'm going to explain the Sabretooth inversion thing anyways
    Your not making me want to listen to what your saying. I knew Sabertooth inversion was a plot device. I don't need you to tell me. or even worse show a lack of respect by talking down to me as opposed to at me. Somehow posters here think "I making a general statement insulting people who disagree with me. They not going going to be insulted or want to defend themselves. No not all". Sorry but if a poster is going to lash out at me for having a difference of opinion. Then yes I'm going to defend myself. If I'm wrong I'm wrong I admit to it. If one is going to say I can't read properly damn straight I'm defending myself. As I know you would as well.

I find hypocritical to claim to dislike the coming out and to like the inversion.
    My question is why do you care.

I never claimed to like every retcon equally. As I'm sure you feel the same way about some retcons. Does that then make you a hypocrite as well. It sure does seem that way going by your very strict set of rules one is supposed to like and dislike. Here a little secret I have noticed about people in general. Everyone a hypocrite to a certain degree sometime in their life. Everyone. I used have a jewish friend who one minute was very strict about eating only kosher food. The next was happily eating a burger at the corner mcdonalds who more than likely don't use kosher meat.

In the end your not fooling me into thinking you care about my opinion. You may very well do care as long as I agree with your opinion 1000%. Otherwise you and some others don't. What the expression fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me. Fortunately is seems to be a very small group who keeps getting triggered and going into threads that they disagree with. Not to really discuss the subject at hand. To be offended and if they can get the threads closed. Otherwise the majority here imo do want to discuss topics and create threads for the purpose of discussing it.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.