Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I really, really, REALLY want to know how old Wally is in this.

He was was 19 when he first became the Flash after COIE (first issue was his 20th birthday and he'd already been running before that yet had attended college courses.)
    He met Linda, fathered what should have stayed infant twins.... so I'm thinking he was about 25-30 by Flashpoint.

That would make him 15-20 here.

I don't know. In some scans he looks 16...in others he could be 21. It is confusing. Hope they give us a clue very soon.

Edit...even at five years stolen, I want to know his new age.
    The only way for original titans ages to make (some) sense in the post-Crisis continuity is for them to be 27.

In the New 52, Dick is between 21/22. It's assumed the other Titans have the same age, as they did before, so that's it.

The ten years that were stolen from the DC universe were probably not a big chunk of time, but a feel seconds here, a few seconds there, all of those tiny bits containing important events.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    Did you not read the last issue of Aquaman prior to the reboot and his take on the Federal Bimbos of Investigation? Worst characters ever! It was painful reading that dialogue.
    Nah... only Aquaman that ever really interested me was Sword of Atlantis, which was apparently not what the majority wanted.
    And Abnett seems to do better on ensembles, so I'm expecting it to be pretty good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

I might check this out, being as though, it's a key book, as far as the overall narrative, with this whole Dr Manhattan mess.
    #MagnetoWasRight

Wally West's new costume first appeared in 2014! Kind of.

I was bored a few minutes ago and decided to check out the digital comic Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse after catching up on Injustice: Gods Among Us late last night. I bought #1 at comixology and was encouraged to see it was written by Dan Abnett.

But the reason I posted is that if you look at page 9 of that issue from 2014, you'll see Wally West's new costume in a montage of characters from alt earths. It was shocking to happen onto it like that and I wish I knew how to rip the image so I could share it here (maybe someone else can) but there he is in his red Flash costume with his ginger hair exposed Kid Flash style. Obviously unintended but a fun find nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    The ten years that were stolen from the DC universe were probably not a big chunk of time, but a feel seconds here, a few seconds there, all of those tiny bits containing important events.
    That's exactly what Geoff Johns said, in an interview that I wish I'd bookmarked. It's not 10 consecutive years, it's an important moment here, a moment where a relationship was formed there, from all the various characters.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    But the reason I posted is that if you look at page 9 of that issue from 2014, you'll see Wally West's new costume in a montage of characters from alt earths. It was shocking to happen onto it like that and I wish I knew how to rip the image so I could share it here (maybe someone else can) but there he is in his red Flash costume with his ginger hair exposed Kid Flash style. Obviously unintended but a fun find nonetheless.
    Just do a print screen. Now I wanna see it!
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Just do a print screen. Now I wanna see it!
    This is a better version than what I posted before.

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 8.02.24 PM.jpg

Not good at computer stuff. Sorry it's not bigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 06-13-2016 at 06:13 PM.

The image is very small so you can't see that he has silver/white "ear wings" too as in the new costume. Obviously a coincidence. Just a kind of neat one.

Quote Originally Posted by WingGrayson View Post
    And Wally acknowledged Dick as his best friend.
    Yes! This was the part of the preview I was excited about the most!

I'm so down for this book it's unreal. Wednesday cannot come soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    This is just... oh wow, it's so good. I hope it's Donna saying 'right here.'
    This was my first thought too. Although it'll probably be Roy with his chest puffed out, haha

Wally was a bit on an angry conservative back in the NTT days. i wonder if they'll include that aspect of his character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wally was a bit on an angry conservative back in the NTT days. i wonder if they'll include that aspect of his character.
    We haven't seen a bit of it since 1986 or so, so I doubt it.

I'm always reminded of that issue of NTT where Wally is a complete prick to Red Star the whole issue while they are trying to find a missing girl. She ends of dead at the end and after Wally yells at Red Star for the hundredth time he tells him that the girl was his fiancee, that issue is so depressing.

But on the topic of this series I am beyond excited for this, I need it now.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    We haven't seen a bit of it since 1986 or so, so I doubt it.
    It wasn't the most endearing portrayal of Wally during his long character history, and in today's political atmosphere, would probably be even less well-received than it was in the early 1980s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Nowadays he'd probably be one of those libertarian types who hates political correctness. That's kind of the present day equivalent of the angry 80s conservative.