Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 2016

BANNED

Default E3 2016

Surprised to see there hasn't been any threads for the conferences yet. So here is one.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

So far for me

EA - An absolute bore, I just have no interest in the sports games at all and that probably isn't ever going to change. I don't love the Mass Effect series(HATED 1 after loving KOTOR, enjoyed 2, never bothered with 3 after the pre order DLC crap) but that felt pretty worrying that they still didn't show off much. Star Wars felt very much in the same way, don't care about their take on Battlefront/Old Republic/that phone game, and the other 2 games that actually sounded like they could be interesting just...don't exist at all yet. Titanfall 2 didn't do much for me, I played the beta for the original and liked it quite a bit, but after about 5 hours I completely had my fill and felt no need to buy the game, 2 looks about the same to me in that regard. I hated Battlefield 3 and never bothered with 4, was mildy interested in seeing how the WW1 setting would change the game but it doesn't really seem to, still looks like same old same old with a new skin, though the destruction looks to be back to Bad Company 2 levels which is a good thing.

Bethesda - Kind of over the Elder Scrolls/Fallout games until they give them a major shake up(really need a new engine), but I adored the first Dishonored game and 2 seems to be on the right track so i'm excited for that game. The new-new Prey trailer was intriguing, though I'll reserve further judgement until there is more out there on this game. Haven't played the new Doom yet but it's nice to see people have enjoyed the new one and now Quake is getting a shot at life again.

Microsoft - As a PC gamer it actually does seem like MS really is actually trying this time when they say the want to support PC, was surprised at the play anywhere stuff. With that said though, windows app store games have been bad so far and it's still an uphill battle, but at least its looking better than previous attempts like GFWL and Halo 2 vista. I have no idea how this whole new console half step thing will work out that both them and Sony have going on, especially in light of all the PC support now. Still, no huge surprises in there lineup but still a good one. Really excited for Dead Rising, I loved that first game but it definitely was a flawed gem and it will be nice to return to the mall(and surrounding area from the looks of it)with Frank again but with all the new improvements from the follow ups.

Ubisoft - I liked South Park: The Stick of Truth so I'm looking forward to the new one. I've come to accept that the Tom Clancy name means nothing anymore and we'll never get a real Ghost Recon game again, so with that out of the way Wildlands looks...potentially interesting. It looks good but I'm afraid it might suffer the same problems of MGS5, great gameplay on a giant map of nothing. I didn't play Watch Dogs 1 and have no desire to play 2, really nothing more to say about that. That Star Trek VR game looks good in concept, bad in execution, and I'll never play it because I don't play to buy a VR headset at all...but hey LeVar Burton! Steep was a nice surprise, just a few months ago I was thinking "man i wish there was a good new modern snowboard/skiing game".

BANNED

BANNED

There was a thread but it was a bit early and kind of fell off to page 2 oblivion

Bethseda had a great E3 with very good looking stuff for Dishonored 2, a Prey reboot, and the return of Quake
    Sony had their second really good E3 in a role
    I'm stoked for the new South Park game but the rest of Ubisoft's presentation didn't do much for me, Lavar Burton coming out for the Star Trek game was a cool touch but VR in general just doesn't do much for me
    Last edited by Hiromi; 06-13-2016 at 09:35 PM.

Mass Effect Andromeda tops my list. That's my GOAT series. The rest I'll be looking to get so far: God of War, Spidey, the new Kojima game, the improvement to Madden really taking into account the community requests has me excited for Madden again, Fifa, Detroit Become Human, Horizon, Resident Evil 7, Final Fantasy XV, Steep looks intense, Mafia III, Titanfall 2, Injustice 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, and NHL17.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

BANNED

I'm really surprised how crappy EA's show was. Two years ago their E3 was just showing off stuff they had in the works, I assumed (wrongly) that we'd actually be seeing those things in somewhat play or finished form this year given they were doing their own show. But nothing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    There was a thread but it was a bit early and kind of fell off to page 2 oblivion

Bethseda had a great E3 with very good looking stuff for Dishonored 2, a Prey reboot, and the return of Quake
    Sony had their second really good E3 in a role
    I'm stoked for the new South Park game but the rest of Ubisoft's presentation didn't do much for me, Lavar Burton coming out for the Star Trek game was a cool touch but VR in general just doesn't do much for me
    That thread seemed more about what you wished would show up at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    That thread seemed more about what you wished would show up at E3.
    It was more of a general discussion. in the weeks that led up to E3 it was about what you wanted to see and would have shifted at e3 to talking about it