Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: E3 2016

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ite View Post
    Sony won E3.
    Well, their show had a nice presentation anyways.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

cannot wait for Prey those graphics look amazing

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    cannot wait for Prey those graphics look amazing

I would be surprised if the actual game looks like that trailer. And while the first person bits look interesting, I'd still much rather have Pray 2...which looked a whole hell of a lot more interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I would be surprised if the actual game looks like that trailer. And while the first person bits look interesting, I'd still much rather have Pray 2...which looked a whole hell of a lot more interesting.
    never played any of the prey games because it came out when i was to young to play those and my dad was very strict on me playing violent video games back then. there is evidence it will have good graphics because of the combat sequences of the trailer.

never played any of the prey games because it came out when i was to young to play those and my dad was very strict on me playing violent video games back then. there is evidence it will have good graphics because of the combat sequences of the trailer.
    The original Prey was it's own thing and the cancelled Prey 2 really didn't have anything to do with the first and this new Prey seemingly has no relation to the original or proposed Prey 2 either, so you haven't really missed anything. Anyway, while intriguing, that trailer shows no gameplay, all CGI, so don't expect it to actually look that good when it eventually releases.

BANNED

There's only one Prey game, the second was in development years ago when they got bought up by Bethesda.

The first one had you playing as a Indiana with spirit powers who's abducted by aliens along with a ton of other people. It came out before Portal, and portals were a part of it, but you didn't control them like in Portal. The second on was going to have you playing as a human that was abducted from Earth in the first game, who's now living on some alien world working as a bounty hunter.

The trailer has some first person combat sequences, but we don't know if that's actually gameplay, or just CG trailer meant to look like game.
    Last edited by simbob4000; 06-24-2016 at 11:01 PM.

BANNED

This is probably the first E3 that I can remember that I'm not hyped for anything that's coming out. I'm kinda excited for God of War 4, Zelda, and Pokemon Sun & Moon but nohting beyond that. I really wanted to get hyped for the new Gears of War...but really just had a meh reaction to it. I'm guessing that I'm either giving up on gaming, or probably just need some more convincing.

BANNED

Yeah,this E3 didn't do anything for me, despite there being a few bright spots in the show. And that's the first time since it started that I can probably say that, at least to this level. Can't get excited for new God of War, the games aren't that good to begin with, and that trailer (while nice looking) was a bore. The only interesting thing about that GoW4 trailer was the view change, because that ain't what wholes game normally look like.

The Zelda trailer was pretty amazing, that game looks fantastic, and the atmosphere that's present in what they've show was pretty great. This seems like the Zelda I'm not sure while they hadn't made since Wind Waker, and it's got things I've went to see in a 3D open world since the release of Morrowind.

I'm pretty much used to E3 being all-mouth-no-trousers at this point. I'm still primarily a Nintendo boy and their presence in recent years has been deliberately minimal (while they space out proper announcements across the whole year with their Direct broadcasts, which don't have to compete for attention), with this year being no exception. Yeah, Breath o the Wild looks lush as hell but did they have anything else besides it? Nothing that stands out.

Beyond that, it's basically a conga line of AAA publishers offering you more of the same because they assume that's all you'll like. I did perk up for some stuff though:

- Resident Evil 7: Who the hell saw THAT coming?
    - Tekken 7: specifically getting an actual concrete-ish release date, at bloody last. The story mode demo, with the seamless switch between CG cutscene and gameplay, looked well swanky but I'm expecting to be disappointed if (read: when) there aren't any bits like that involving characters who aren't Mishimas or that tosspot Akuma.
    - Quake Champions: After the nonsense that was Rage, id have recovered with a damn good update of Wolfenstein and an even better update of Doom. I really hope they pull the hat-trick.
    - God of War Single Father Edition: Or whatever its name is. Never cared for the series before now, and probably won't like this one when it's out, but the trailer with Depression Beard Kratos bumbling around after some dumb little moppet that's so indistinctly shown the devs may not have given him an actual face (why bother if you're just gonna kill them 15 minutes in?) made me laugh for all the wrong reasons.
    - Visceral doing Star Wars: In my head, this is a Dark Forces update that makes Kyle Katarn part of the new canon and don't you dare try to convince me otherwise.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

I've got no hope for Quake Champions at this point, I'm going to have to actually see something first. Doom seemingly just tried to do Quake with its multiplayer...and that turned out how it turned out. This Champions game, it sounds like it's going to have a character based class system like Overwatch has, and that ain't no Quake game, it actually flys in the face of the whole style of game Quake is if started the match with all the weapons you'll have, and aren't finding them throughout the level. And that may turn out to be fun, but Quake never was some kind of FPS Arena Fighter.

I'm going to have to see actually Resident Evil 7 too, because that demo (which looks nothing at all like a RE game) isn't going to be what the actual game looks like.

Not a whole lot I'm looking forward to that much, I'm excited for Dead Rising 4 but a little let down that it's gonna be a windows store exclusive on PC. Looking forward to seeing what RE7 ends up being and whatever the heck Death Stranding is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Yeah,this E3 didn't do anything for me, despite there being a few bright spots in the show. And that's the first time since it started that I can probably say that, at least to this level. Can't get excited for new God of War, the games aren't that good to begin with, and that trailer (while nice looking) was a bore. The only interesting thing about that GoW4 trailer was the view change, because that ain't what wholes game normally look like.

The Zelda trailer was pretty amazing, that game looks fantastic, and the atmosphere that's present in what they've show was pretty great. This seems like the Zelda I'm not sure while they hadn't made since Wind Waker, and it's got things I've went to see in a 3D open world since the release of Morrowind.

I was impressed with Zelda, and the new Dead Rising was also kind a cool. But I was so undwhelmed with I saw in this years show. Last year, I remebmer seeing a few games that I was hyped for, and pre-ordered. Granted, a good number of them ended up being underwhelming like a Amish edition of Bang Bus (Looking at you Divison, so I guess that has something to do with it.

At least this E3 made me get a 3DS, because I really want to get Pokemon.