Super Moderator

Default Dave Sim Offers Free 1000 pages of "Cerebus," Invites Unofficial Downloads

Digital editions of all 16 volumes are available for purchase, but Sim said readers who can't afford them should download "guilt free."

Full article here.

Spectacular Member 100010959493281's Avatar

I first discovered CEREBUS during "Jaka's Story" and loved it ever since. And loving that I can get it in the digital format.

VERY cool! I may go buy a PHYSICAL copy now, just because I like the cut of his jibb.

I've never read any Cerebus so I'm going to grab a copy and if I like it I'll buy the physical books. Free / cheap digital downloads have got me into so many books I never would have tried otherwise.

Spectacular Member

Wow, what a great deal from Dave Sim. I've been meaning to read Cerebus in entirety for a long time and I've recently started reading scans of the comic I kinda sorta pirated online. (I'm only 16 issues in, it's a bit of a tough read and Lord Julius keeps making me watch Marx Bros. films.) But if he's all for it, I am now happy to read guilt free. I'd love to find some hard copies of the phonebooks. Currently, the only Cerebus books I own are Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #7 and Spawn #10 which I really only got because of Cerebus' quirky guest spots. Thanks Dave! I can't wait to reach High Society.

Fantastic Member

It's been about 10 years since I read Cerebus, but once you get past a first chunk of the first trade, it's fairly solid from there on out. I'd love to see Glamourpuss and Cerebus Archives Sim self-published collected.