Default Drinking contest!

Rock and Revy vs. Captain Harlock and Miime vs.Iron Man and Pepper in a drinking contest!

Rules: First to pass out loses.

What happens?

(feel free to add more people)
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Pepper and Tony aren't even a factor here. Despite Tony's notorious (former) alcoholism, there's really nothing that gives him any kind of ability to hold his liquor better. In fact, he's been shown to not hold his liquor that well at all.

That leaves Teams Black Lagoon and Arcadia. Rock and Revy both have plenty of potential to knock 'em back, but I think Harlock and Miime's other-than-normal-human physiology puts it over the top for them.

But I wonder...could the pair of them match Volstagg the Voluminous at quaffing mead?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007

I don't know where this idea that Stark was some kind of super-drinker comes from. For twenty years, Stark very rarely had even a single drink. Then he descended into alcoholism in a depressingly realistic fashion. Since he pulled himself out that, he's been mostly portrayed as a very realistic example of someone heroically resisting his addiction.

The only version I can see competing in this is the Inverted-Stark on Extremis. But that's a version that's a full two plot-devices away from being standard Stark.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime Harder View Post
    But I wonder...could the pair of them match Volstagg the Voluminous at quaffing mead?
    You must want them dead.

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

archer comes in, because he can't turn down free booze.

I don't know how well he handles alcohol, but Thor (in Norse mythology) can suck up enough water to lower the sea level visibly. Did The Marvel Comics Thor do anything like that? :-)

Dweller in the West Primetime Harder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    archer comes in, because he can't turn down free booze.
    Archer might actually be able to hang with Harlock and Miine. Might.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford Crow View Post
    I don't know how well he handles alcohol, but Thor (in Norse mythology) can suck up enough water to lower the sea level visibly. Did The Marvel Comics Thor do anything like that? :-)
    I don't think Marvel Thor has duplicated that particular feat (though it would be hilarious if they did the story where Loki convinced him to dress up as a woman and almost marry a giant), but he certainly could put it away.

Also, thank you for posting that comment because it led me to find this picture of Odin getting drunk with a bear. Which I might make my new avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Are there any ghost types that are immune to fire, ice, and gorilla marriage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    I hate you all, from chimpan a to chimpan z.
    "Doom drinks your milkshake!" -PatchMadripoor

Original join date: 6/2007