Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Interesting that the synopsis goes out of its way to shoot down any connections to the movies.
    I'm kind of surprised they didn't bring in Drake Bell. Synergy and whatnot .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm not seeing what's so wrong with the costume. Is it the white spider?
    Yes, the huge frackin' white spiders that clashes with the rest of the color scheme. The other white high-lights (arms extending to wrists/hands, looks like) might have been tolerable.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    They're a third party developer actually, they put out Sunset Overdrive for Xbox One and Song Of The Deep is multiplatform

I'm not tripping over the costume as all Spidey games come with a ton of Spidey costumes to wear
    Insomniac is the very definition of a second party. They are an independent studio that develops games primary for a first party publisher. They've bunched out Sunset Overdrive and Fuse but doesn't change the fact they primary develop for Sony. Game Freak, the development studio that develops the Pokemon games for Nintendo bunched out last year to develop Tembo the Badass Elephant for Sega.

Ultimate Member

That costume is terrible.

I mean, wtf??

I like it. It isn't traditional, but much like the Arkham Bat suits it looks cool as f and there will likely be an in-game story reason for it.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    Yes, the huge frackin' white spiders that clashes with the rest of the color scheme. The other white high-lights (arms extending to wrists/hands, looks like) might have been tolerable.
    The white is what I have a problem with. I think the costume itself is fine. Think they need to swift the colors around to make it work.

BANNED

Insomniac is the very definition of a second party. They are an independent studio that develops games primary for a first party publisher. They've bunched out Sunset Overdrive and Fuse but doesn't change the fact they primary develop for Sony. Game Freak, the development studio that develops the Pokemon games for Nintendo bunched out last year to develop Tembo the Badass Elephant for Sega.

No they are a third party as you just described exactly what Capcom/Squinex/etc do and that whole games that are multi platform thing

Quote Originally Posted by Pipideed View Post
    As a big Spider-Man fan I'm really disappointed this is a PS4 exclusive....why not make it for all consoles? Sony Sony Sony......
    Yes...really don't wanna buy ps4 but looking forward to the xbox scorpio project
    Nick.Kuh, Chinese retro gamer and mortal kombat kollector.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    No they are a third party as you just described exactly what Capcom/Squinex/etc do and that whole games that are multi platform thing
    Second Parties can develop games outside of first party contracts. The whole point of being second party is to get those first party privileges while staying independent. It makes them nothing like Capcom and Square Enix.

This trailer is so impressive.
    They did almost as bad as the new Spider-Man 2099 costume.

BANNED

Excited to finally play a Spider-Man game again!

Spectacular Member

I'm not seeing what's so wrong with the costume. Is it the white spider?
    It's the everything. Just horrible.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Interesting that the synopsis goes out of its way to shoot down any connections to the movies.
    "Movie tie-in game" isn't something that's built up a positive connotation over the years. It's no coincidence we haven't had any major superhero movie videogame adaptations since 2011 or thereabouts aside from the two Amazing Spider-Man games.
    Buh-bye

BANNED

Not to mention why do we want to limit Imsomniac's creativity by boggling down a game to some movie franchise?

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah, a movie based game also forces the developers down a certain road, closing off possible villains whilst relying on others because they're in the movies. They need to have an Arkham like game where Insomniac have total flexibility with what villains appear, such as Mr Negative. Peronsally I'm hoping for a big bad for a main plot like Green Goblin whilst having lots of side missions with Spidey's impressive rogue gallery.