Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

People wanted a new Marvel console game for ages, and now it's finally here all you can talk about is the costume? ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    People wanted a new Marvel console game for ages, and now it's finally here all you can talk about is the costume? ugh.
    I thought this was funny as well.

Given Insomniac's track record, this is likely going to be the best spidey game ever.

It also sounds like there's going to be a Peter Parker element in the game alongside being Spider-Man, so I wonder if there'll be sections of the game where we play as Peter ala Spider-Man 2 and the Amazing Spider-Man 2 game?

I'm just hoping for a game that provides plenty to do after the main story is completed. Random events, side quests, stuff like that.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

This looks awesome between this and the Crash Bandicoot remasters, its a great time to own a PS4 at least for me.
    Last edited by comicfan298; 06-14-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Fantastic Member

I like the costume, and I wouldn't worry if you don't. They'll have multiple costumes in game, because how could they not.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

If only I had a PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It also sounds like there's going to be a Peter Parker element in the game alongside being Spider-Man, so I wonder if there'll be sections of the game where we play as Peter ala Spider-Man 2 and the Amazing Spider-Man 2 game?
    I would hope so, it'd be a good way to break up the action.

Also, I'm really hoping we see a cinematic cutscene as Peter get interrupted by spider sense and something crazy happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Wait till we hear about the villains and their costumes. :P

I liked the separate triggers for each webshooter of ASM2. Hopefully something similar sticks around. The important thing is a long story, way more variety than a Spidey game has had before and while I love Arkham-style combat it's time for something new on that front.

BANNED

im very excited about this and i saw the trailer cannot wait until it comes out

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

The white spider symbols and white bracers throw off the costume a bit, but it's a great costume overall.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Also it looks really similar (gameplay wise) to Web of Shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    I'd be okay with them taking some gameplay queues from that game. The core fighting/swinging was solid, it was the presentation and story that sucked.
    I'm 100% OK if they take the swinging and fighting level-up features from Web of Shadows. The problems I had with Web of Shadows was that it was glitchy as hell and the boss fights were not as impressive as they could have been. I loved the model they used for Spider-Man in Web of Shadows. It's my favourite superhero model used in a game, because it looked perfect.

I mean, it's all but confirmed that there will be different skins, but the idea of swinging around the city wearing that monstrosity has hit my excitement level quite a bit.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

http://www.polygon.com/e3/2016/6/14/...-games-jay-ong

According to Jay Ong, Marvel's vice president of games, Insomniac's Spider-Man game is just the beginning for Marvel's ambitious plan to bring its superheroes to consoles.

"When I joined Marvel two years ago, I came in with a mandate to usher in a new era for Marvel Games," Ong told Polygon in an interview. "We have a treasure trove of the best superhero characters on earth. What can we do with this to create truly epic games?

"Is [Spider-Man] a signal of things to come? Oh, yes. Absolutely. And we can’t wait to tell the world about it."

Over the past few years, Marvel Games' output has been primarily on mobile (Avengers Academy, Contest of Champions, Future Fight), on PC (Marvel Heroes) and for Disney Infinity and Lego games. Marvel fans haven't had their own Batman: Arkham equivalent. But with multiple Marvel console games in development, it sounds like that's changing.

Ong said there was a lot about Marvel Games' plans for consoles that he couldn't talk about. There are existing partnerships with Telltale Games, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Warner Bros.' TT Games to make titles based on Marvel's properties, but he indicated there's a lot more in the works, some of which we'll hear more about later this year.

It looks like Marvel is going to be making a comeback on console games. Be awesome to have some great stuff to look forward to from both DC and Marvel in terms of gaming .