Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Default Rebirth: Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps To Bring Back More Classic DCU Elements.

From Newsarama.

http://www.newsarama.com/29723-vendi...es-coming.html

Sounds good to me. I look forward to seeing what Venditti and co do with the book.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I still feel kind of burned by Venditti...

I don't really like Venditti, but as long as he puts the right pieces in place, we should get some good stories with whoever replaces him.

Venditti's really got one more shot with me - depending on how he handles Hal v. Sinestro. That smug yellow bastard has a beat-down coming ...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Venditti
    we'll have Kyle as well, although we're holding him a bit in reserve, because what we're doing with him is highly secretive, which is why we haven't really shown him very much in terms of cover art or things like that.

When Kyle shows up, it'll be for a very important reason, and it'll be to do something that only he can do.
    Interesting....

While I would have preferred someone like Cullen Bunn to write this, I'm hopeful that Venditti will do a good job with all the various lanterns that we've come to enjoy over the years and hopefully carry on everything that was good about Sinestro's ongoing.

However if I have one complaint it's that Rebirth has been confusing on the missing Green Lanterns and Hal back as a green lantern timeline. It doesn't add up that Simon and Jessica are still around when the Corps are missing, especially when they were around when Jessica became a green lantern or how so far Hal's been in Lantern Uniform where he's clearly renegade when this starts out. But hopefully that will be explained soon.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Always Rakzo

Sciver's artwork looks fantastic. Venditti can do solid character work so hopefully the big cast will provide more opportunities for it.

I really want to jump on board with this, but I'm not a fan of Venditti's GL writing (his XO is solid though). This is going to be a bit of a tough sell for me despite the awesomeness that is Van Sciver and Sandoval.
    Last edited by GDC3; 06-14-2016 at 01:18 PM.
    Bronze Age baby.
    OGG - Original Grim 'n Gritty

Punchedugly.com

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    However if I have one complaint it's that Rebirth has been confusing on the missing Green Lanterns and Hal back as a green lantern timeline. It doesn't add up that Simon and Jessica are still around when the Corps are missing, especially when they were around when Jessica became a green lantern or how so far Hal's been in Lantern Uniform where he's clearly renegade when this starts out. But hopefully that will be explained soon.
    I wouldn't hold my breath. Unless they planned it from the start (which is highly doubtful), any ridiculous explanation would only lead to another Crisis......

All they really need to do is ignore Jessica's statement that the corps is missing. The rest isn't as difficult to line up. (depending of course on HJ & GLC Rebirth)

Also, I hadn't been reading "Sinestro," but is there any way HE was the one responsible for the GLC's disappearance?? It would of course tie up loose ends while increasing Sin's status as the BIG bad of the GLC. Even if they hadn't planned it that way, does anyone know if anything we've seen dispells the notion that he might have done it? (I know it was an excuse for him to draft Soranik into the Sinestro Corps .... interesting coincidence.....)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-14-2016 at 09:04 PM.

BANNED

Gonna wait until Kyle Rayner shows up to get into this series, hope DC would not try to kill him again this time.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Also, I hadn't been reading "Sinestro," but is there any way HE was the one responsible for the GLC's disappearance?? It would of course tie up loose ends while increasing Sin's status as the BIG bad of the GLC. Even if they hadn't planned it that way, does anyone know if anything we've seen dispells the notion that he might have done it? (I know it was an excuse for him to draft Soranik into the Sinestro Corps .... interesting coincidence.....)
    It's not explained there. Just that Sinestro had learnt that something was going to take the Corps through Lyssa Draks visions of the future and he set things in place to put the Sinestro Corps as their replacements.

It's actually GL: Lost Army that hints at who the culprit is spoilers:
    it looked like Hal that locked them away in the pre-universe. I'm assuming it might be Parallax Hal that survived from Convergence
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

BANNED

Nah Sinestro didn't cause it. Granted he didn't warn anyone besides his daughter. But in no way did he cause it. He just moved into position to takeover when the GLC went bye bye. I mean he had a solo series. So if he did do it you find out there and he didn't do anything like that.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

I'm going to follow Kyle's example and remain reserved then as I'm really only interested in him. Will keep one eye out for future apppeasrances and possibly get the trade arc. Didn't care for his The Flash run.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    It's actually GL: Lost Army that hints at who the culprit is spoilers:
    it looked like Hal that locked them away in the pre-universe. I'm assuming it might be Parallax Hal that survived from Convergence
    end of spoilers
    Nah. That was just a classic misunderstanding. If you read the "GL" issue, you'll see what was going on from the other side.

Venditti: Oh, definitely other things. Definitely other things. I would say, without giving too much away, we are definitely going to be bringing things back. [Laughs]
    He has to mean Itty. He has to!!

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    He has to mean Itty. He has to!!
    I am so glad I'm not the only one who immediately thought of Itty. Itty was a lot a fun. DC needs an Itty. Maybe a team up book with the little monster from Bizarro?
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)